cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Water Cooling

martin_metal_88
Level 8
Watercooling time!!!

What is a good mod thread without talking about watercooling! I know ottolove it:) and I am actually building mine ( always running into issue -_- ) Ask question, post your loop, and let us double check everything for you and give you some advice! And maybe soon we will have some interesting case mod in there:)
Martin_metal_88

Colenzo :Coolermaster ATCS 840 | Gigabyte's EP55-UD5 | Intel Core I7 860 @ 3.8Ghz | 4GB G.skill Trident 1600 | MSI GTX460 1GB HAWK Twin frozr | WD 640 black + WD 1TB green + WD 1TB Blue | Pionner DVR-216 | Silverstone Strider Plus 850W | Coolermaster Hyper 212 plus in push pull fan config |

Ask for more!
12 REPLIES 12

Retired
Not applicable
ill help out with Advice/tips im currently running watercooling.

DarthBeavis
Level 9
My current rig:
Intel 980x
Asus Rampage III
12 gigs Corsair Dominator
3-way SLI Nvidia 480s (non-branded)
Two 2 Terabyte HDDS, one OCZ SSD

Cooling:
Danger Den MC-TDX CPU Block
three Danger Den 480 blocks, nickle-plated
EK full coverage Rampage III block
MIPs RAM cooler block for RAM
Two Feser 480 rads
Laing D5 vario pump
Koolance pump enclosure and resevoir
Bitspower fittings
Danger Den/Feser red tubing 3/8 ID 5/8 OD
Fluid XP LT coolant (for color)
I am also making a skull-shaped vodka bottle into a water-feature for this build . . .

here is the business side thus far:

Temps look pretty good:

Retired
Not applicable
Very nice blows my system out of the water... plus i also dont have a job right at this time. computer spec's in the sig

Retired
Not applicable
Is it plausible to mount 2 reservoirs on the front corner of a case? For example.

Two of these

on the front of this

And run the pipes through the 2nd from the top 5.25" bay and enter back in through the front plate or side? I think it would be a great concept to do. I'll try and find better pictures and photoshop them together. Until then, sorry.

xeromist
Sure, anything is possible with a trip to the hardware store and a bit of ingenuity. Off the top of my head I think you might be able to find an inexpensive angle mount that has a cup or saucer to hold a candle. Bore a hole in two of them and use them to capture the res (sandwiched with foam). Or you could get some cheap caulking guns and hack the front cup part off. Those are steel cups with a right angle bit and pre-cut slots or holes, but you'd have to see if the diameter is a match for the res (not sure how big yours is). There are infinitely more options if you just wander around the store a bit.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

Retired
Not applicable
Yeah, I think I would make two custom reservoirs to cover the length of the case, either do pin light lighting from within the case, or do a ring of LEDs at the bottom/top to illuminate the fluid in the dark. As you say, possibilities are endless. Thanks for the response.

Nice to see some people have good Loop! For my part I just took myself out of the case. I was in need of some money. It was a nice to have one and I will do it again in future for sure! Blue loop FTW!
Martin_metal_88

Colenzo :Coolermaster ATCS 840 | Gigabyte's EP55-UD5 | Intel Core I7 860 @ 3.8Ghz | 4GB G.skill Trident 1600 | MSI GTX460 1GB HAWK Twin frozr | WD 640 black + WD 1TB green + WD 1TB Blue | Pionner DVR-216 | Silverstone Strider Plus 850W | Coolermaster Hyper 212 plus in push pull fan config |

Ask for more!

DarthBeavis
Level 9
changed mine around a bit:

Retired
Not applicable
Now there some mighty fine water cooled rigs if id even seen any...

This one above all red case... well that's a power house... will you be running 120fps monitors there..?