cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's time to FIX this TOOL ..... took too long !

madmav
Level 7
Hi, i can absolutely assure the DEV Team of GPU Tweak, that after version 2.0.8.3 , not a single other version will run on HD 6870 DC cards. There was a ton of problems to make even that old version support it, to some degree, but it's a total joke to see that Asus drop the support right after that. There are like 20 threads here regarding the program not starting, and i can confirm that the particular problem i have is concentrated only in the Card i own.

All latest versions have been tested on win 7 and win 8 RP, for some time there was an error , about a 2bpainter.exe or something like that .... now the latest version don't even try to run .... just won't execute a thing.

Asus , this is a total **** ! and after 1 year of developing , You have made 0% progress , not to mention that Asus is one of the largest card manufacturers without a PROPER OVERCLOCING TOOL FOR THEIR RANGE OF SUPER BUFFED VIDEO CARDS. :mad:

Please, MarshallR, it's time to release a normal, final, all working version, or at least Add AGAIN support for the HD 6870 DC , so i don't need to use something made 8 months ago .....

Will appreciate any help or info.

Cheers...
11 REPLIES 11

Blackcurrent
Level 7
I very much agree, ASUS GPU Tweak is the only program that fully supports my GTX 580. Its been too long, way too long please fix this ****

+3...... i have the Asus GTX 690 and it does not play nice at all ! Hence having to use another brand of software control which runs perfect (Precisionx). The bit that really scares me is that the Tweak tool lets you flash your card if there is any updates - NO WAY Would i want to flash my card with flaky software.

lenehan
Level 10
Move on with another software that work. Using Asus gfx card not limit to their tweaking software. Unless those issue address by the Asus software developer. I will continue using others and move on.
Change is the law of life. And those who look only to the past or present are certain to miss the future.

What planet are you on , MOVE ON !
I don't think so my friend ! I paid the best part of £1000 for my TOP End card and expect the accompanied software to Work !
I don't mind using another Brands software , but it does not look Good on ASUS !

Secondly - can ASUS Confirm a new firmware for the GTX 690 ? There is one flying around to fix some bugs only just released. Beings though its a reference card from Nvidia - all cards the same, will we be seeing this soon ?

THX

snout wrote:
What planet are you on , MOVE ON !
I don't think so my friend ! I paid the best part of £1000 for my TOP End card and expect the accompanied software to Work !
I don't mind using another Brands software , but it does not look Good on ASUS !

Secondly - can ASUS Confirm a new firmware for the GTX 690 ? There is one flying around to fix some bugs only just released. Beings though its a reference card from Nvidia - all cards the same, will we be seeing this soon ?

THX

I am living the same world as you . Asus software R&D never their forte. We all have to wait for new update.
Change is the law of life. And those who look only to the past or present are certain to miss the future.

lenehan wrote:
Move on with another software that work. Using Asus gfx card not limit to their tweaking software. Unless those issue address by the Asus software developer. I will continue using others and move on.

Mate, you are not quite right. I will be happy to use other overclocking utilities if i COULD. My asus HD 6870 DC card is with a non Reference PCB and volt regulators. So no other software can control the Vcore. Only Trixx can, but i have almost fried my card yesterday, because when i hit reset to dafault in trixx , the software applies the MAX POSSIBLE voltage (which strangely for my product is 1.9v !!!! ) ! So there is no other option for me but to use GPU Tweak....

Granger
Level 10
Won't MSI Afterburner work with the 6870 cards, admitted, I'm not OCing the Asus, but my Sapphire is a non reference card as well, and I use the MSI AB to get the same clock speeds with the Sapphire that I have on stock with the Asus 6870 DC

Granger wrote:
Won't MSI Afterburner work with the 6870 cards, admitted, I'm not OCing the Asus, but my Sapphire is a non reference card as well, and I use the MSI AB to get the same clock speeds with the Sapphire that I have on stock with the Asus 6870 DC

I have tried with MSI afterburner, but i could not make it run, if someone can .... i will be very great full , but as much es i know, it's not possible. The PCB is not the problem, the actual volt regulators are....

This tool would be more useful and accepted it if it functioned for a majority of cards. Have encountered NO problems using the Sapphire or EVGA tools AND they work beautifully.
Crosshair V Formula Z BIOS 2101
AMD FX9590 4.712GHz (stock)
XFX R7970 TDBC Double Dissipation Black Edition @ 1000Hz/1425Hz mem (stock)
XFX R7970 TDBC Double Dissipation Black Edition @ 1000Hz/1425Hz mem (stock)
Samsung 850PRO 256 Gb + 840PRO + WD 750 Black 6Gb/s
Corsair Vengeance Pro 1600 Hz 32Gb
Corsair 600T White w/USAdystopia p/p SwiftechH220 alternative cooling method w/Cougar PWM fans
Dell U2711 2560 x 1440
Corsair K70RGB/M65 keyboard/mouse
Corsair AX1200
Windows 7 64