cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus V Gene - Midi USB issue (USB in general)

knapman
Level 7
I have found the usb ports on the maximus v gene to be very hit and miss, external hds randomly disappearing, or needing to be connected a couple of times before they work correctly, but i generally leave them plugged in most of the time so I've been able to manage

But unfortunately i have just run into a problem I can't ignore, I have just moved my midi (usb) drum kit over to this system and I can't use it, connecting through usb2 ports it works briefly for about a minute then the pc stops receiving signals and the midi / usb adaptor stops being recognised or appears locked up, i then have to disconnect and reconnect the kit before it will respond again. If I attempt to use a usb3 port the midi signals don't even register on the pc, seemed odd as I thought usb3 was supposed to be backwards compatible. Right now it seems due to this motherboards usb issues it is impossible to use this system with my midi instruments.

I have just tried updating the bios to the latest version, I see usb improvements mentioned in the notes but it has not helped, I have also tried disabling legacy usb support just to see what that would do with no luck, what should I do?
5 REPLIES 5

kkn
Level 14
tried updating the usb drivers? ( if there are new ones out )

I installed both sets of usb drivers yesterday

have the same problem as me
please help...

Técnics wrote:
have the same problem as me
please help...

out of interest what are you trying to hook up?

updated to the latest bios and this is still an ongoing issue, midi usb devices still locking up on this board