Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast
    ROG Guru: Black Belt Array Area 66's Avatar

If we look back at my old treads, I as not quite happy of the direction Microsoft is taking with Windows 8, and I still thing the same. Since I will have customers that will use it, I have to learn and deal with it. I'm using it since a year now, the most annoying thing is not that Start page, it's the charm menu, if you are using desktop application no problem, but if you take the PDF reader include in Windows 8 and you want to print or even just zoom, this is where it's confusing for desktop users, things are not at the same place. To print the menu is at right in the charm bar instead of the top left corner of desktop application, the zoom is at the right bottom, instead of the left column, this is what annoy me most.

Also when you have a metro app, running in background and you are using your browser in the desktop, more than often when I hit the back button, instead the metro application pop up at front instead, because I hit the hot left corner very near the back button.

Quote Originally Posted by pongkie View Post
    Why need a hate debate for windows 8? it's the hardware that needs to be hated. Asus ROG Team needs to dive into touch like the vivo team are doing. And not only touch but gestures like kinect, voice ROG team should look at. For now windows 8 is hated because it's built for touch. but get over it guys even windows 9, 10 comes out those tiles are there. Post PC is real! time is changing MS is a different company now
    Sorry buddy but touch has no place in gaming, and gestures and voice are software not hardware.

W8 is not built for touch.

Touch and gaming only mix if you put "casual" in front of gaming.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Gorman View Post
    Sorry buddy but touch has no place in gaming, and gestures and voice are software not hardware.

W8 is not built for touch.

Touch and gaming only mix if you put "casual" in front of gaming.
    Yes it does... even the game is small touch based games it doesn't mean its not "gaming" anymore. more people are playing these kind of games than those high end games. New generations of gamer are born with touch to play. Only old silly people think it is not and mouse is king. Even game developers are rethinking what to develop becuase they know the shifts in the market. tell that to sony or nintendo.

You saying W8 is not for touch then make a survey that > if you are a non-touch user and put the increased performance aside just base on user interface what would you prefer W8 or W7? I know a company that released a touch screen monitor for desktop because they knew some desktop users don't wan't to be left behind in windows 8.

All im saying is that Asus make beefed Vivo PC's for ROG so Most games are covered and not just few high end PC games but also include small fun but many touch based games and apps that you can get in windows store. Some may say then buy a tablet but why should i buy a separate tablet if i already have a gaming PC. I don't want to spend my money on separate things if i know that one device can do it all.

Why put limits on a monster computer? It does not mean putting a touch screen retires your mouse, it means your PC can do more.
    Last edited by pongkie; 11-02-2012 at 11:36 PM.

Why would someone buy a RoG to buy ****ty facebook touch games? Makes no sense. RoG is for core gamers. Core gaming is not touch screen farmville. Why charge more for a feature that is not part of the core philosophy of the machine? I'm against RoG laptops having touchpads for the same reason, why the hell is going to game on a touchpad? That's not a core gamer at all... (the exception would be those who play ports and use a gamepad)

W8 can be used for touch, but it clearly does not abandon mouse and keyboard interface. Saying it is for touch is ridiculous. Doxa is a logical fallacy, watch out for it.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Gorman View Post
    Why would someone buy a RoG to buy ****ty facebook touch games? Makes no sense. RoG is for core gamers. Core gaming is not touch screen farmville. Why charge more for a feature that is not part of the core philosophy of the machine? I'm against RoG laptops having touchpads for the same reason, why the hell is going to game on a touchpad? That's not a core gamer at all... (the exception would be those who play ports and use a gamepad)

W8 can be used for touch, but it clearly does not abandon mouse and keyboard interface. Saying it is for touch is ridiculous. Doxa is a logical fallacy, watch out for it.
    like I said putting a touch screen wouldn't kill you. It adds more possibilities.

Windows 8 is built for touch, where the heck is our start button I miss the start button. Now we have to point the mouse all over the screen

B(TX)assist Array 4Strings PC Specs
    4Strings PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)HP ZBook Studio G3 (Intel Xeon E3-1505M, 16GB RAM, Nvidia Quadro m1000M, 500GB + 1TB M.2)
    MotherboardASUS PRIME X399-A
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen Threadripper 1900X @ 4.166GHz
    Memory (part number)G.Skill Trident Z (non-RGB) 3200MHz (32GB)
    Graphics Card #1MSI GTX 1080Ti GX11G
    Sound CardPropellerhead Balance (USB DAC/ADC)
    MonitorAcer Predator XB271HK
    Storage #1Samsung 960 Evo (1TB)
    Storage #2WD Blue SATA SSD (500GB) + HGST NAS Drive (3TB) + WD Red (4TB, 2x in RAID 1)
    CPU CoolerEnermax LiqTech 360 sTR4
    CaseSilverstone Fortress FT02 (Black, Windowed)
    Power SupplyEnermax MaxTytan 1050W
    Keyboard Logitech G710+
    Mouse Logitech G502
    Headset Audio Technica ATH-M50 + Massdrop AGK K7XX
    Mouse Pad Tek Syndicate XXL Mouse Mat
    Headset/Speakers Bose Companion II
    OS Windows 10 Pro
    Network RouterASUS RT-AC68U + TP-Link TL-SG1005D (5-Port Gigabit Switch)
    Accessory #1 Korg microKorg Midi Keyboard

Whatever most people think about gaming and Windows 8... And Windows 8 in general... This guy (who everyone should follow on YouTube) convinced me about all the positive things about Win8 HERE:
    Just watch this livestream from about 0:25:45 until about 0:32:00. And from about 1:03:00 until about 1:10:00...

It really make Windows 8 make WAY more sense (to me personally) than Win7...
    And like he says in the second part, it's all relevant whether you're using a mouse & keyboard on your desktop/laptop, a touchscreen on your laptop, or a mouse, keyboard & tablet/ touchscreen-pad with your gaming desktop...

So basically I'm all for the Start Screen, the death of the Start Menu, and the increased functionality possibilities of Windows 8.
    Last edited by 4Strings; 11-03-2012 at 08:21 AM.

ROG Member Array

BAM!!

so my wish list for ROG > touch screen ROG PC's for windows 8

or even a monitor of the future that can be "undocked" if you want to be in tablet mode, with batteries with 12 hrs life (wireless charging if possible), can send video/audio data and input data from dock to monitor vice versa (with good range), have accelerometer , touch, gyroscope, compas, gorrilla glass, usb ports, blue tooth. while your PC tower is sitting on the table plugged in crunching those power hungry digital data. and a kick stand and pen input and a mic.

with that desktop owners wont feel left behind, you can move around the house just bring the monitor and controllers that you need.
    Last edited by pongkie; 11-03-2012 at 11:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by pongkie View Post
    or even a monitor of the future that can be "undocked" if you want to be in tablet mode, with batteries with 12 hrs life (wireless charging if possible), can send video/audio data and input data from dock to monitor vice versa (with good range).
    thanks, but I can't see myself walking around with my Dell 30"

WHY, oH WHY you will need a ROG PC to run a tablet side monitor ? we want to run our ROG with 3 HUGE monitors
    Last edited by Area 66; 11-03-2012 at 12:17 PM.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Area 66 View Post
    thanks, but I can't see myself walking around with my Dell 30"

WHY, oH WHY you will need a ROG PC to run a tablet side monitor ? we want to run our ROG with 3 HUGE monitors
    there are times i'm tired sitting on my chair or my room gets too stuffy or my brother wants to sleep. I wish i could move to another area in my house that i can still control all my PC stuff without having to transfer data to a laptop/tablet. just take the monitor and game on in the dining, study, living room or porch as long as there is signal from the dock.

For the 3 monitors you can still do that. one of them is the portable one or if you're really rich have 3 portable monitors. It my sound dumb to you guys but i think this can work. High end PC's are not only gaming but for multimedia as well.

NO, the 3 monitors as to stay 3 fix monitors, portable is too small, what you need is a forth one.

You don't need to reinvent the wheel , it's call RDC, Remote Desktop Connection, you just fire it from any tablet and you have access and control of your PC.

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast