Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array PlaneName's Avatar

Yes I am also sticking with Windows 7 for a few years, there is no point to jump to Windows 8 that quickly because I have not yet one single problem with window's 7 (haven't got any viruses or issues with OS). I changed from XP to Windows 7 because they don't update XP anymore (viruses keep coming constant). If they don't update Windows 7 that's when I do my leap to the newer version of windows. Yes tried Vista and they have allot of issues.
    Case: Antec 300 Mini Tower Motherboard: GA-Z68A-D3H-B3 (rev1.3) CPU: i5 2500k @ 4.5ghz Cooler: Hyper 212 EVO GPU: GIGABYTE GTX 560ti (950mhz) RAM: G.Skill 8 GB DDR3 @ 1600mhz PSU: Corsair CX 750 Driver: 320.00
    Been building PC's for 8 Years!

Tech Marketing Manager HQ Array Raja@ASUS's Avatar

I will upgrade to Win 8. Not too bothered about the changes as I can work around most easily enough.

@DC is correct...on both ARM and Intel. That is the worst thing that MS could do, and will be rallying cry to get out of Windows and into LINUX. Then again, Apple is the same way, they don't let you install the OS on non-Apple hardware...at least not legally. ARM will not support anything unsigned, while Intel will allow it by setting a flag in the BIOS. Talk about anti-competitive business practices. Microsoft wasn't even going to allow LINUX installations on x86 until Canonical (Ubuntu), Red Hat (Fedora), and several other LINUX vendors threatened a lawsuit. I think they should still go through with it. MS forcing people to only install Windows is not a security feature, it is a threat to computer freedom. Think about it, next step is that the government will gain control through legislation.
    I am disturbed because I cannot break my system...found out there were others trying to cope! We have a support group on here, if your system will not break, please join!
    http://rog.asus.com/forum/group.php?groupid=16
    We now have 178 people whose systems will not break! Yippee!
    LINUX Users, we have a group!
    http://rog.asus.com/forum/group.php?groupid=23

ROG Guru: Diamond Belt Array Zka17's Avatar

I just have a single question about Windows 8... will it improve benching?

Quote Originally Posted by Zka17 View Post
    I just have a single question about Windows 8... will it improve benching?

I am not sure Ben knows yet. He's usually resistant to change. For example, he insists on writing his name as benching instead of Ben Ching. I have told him multiple times the change would do him good...

The logic for change of most things (including windows) is quite simple. Maybe a scenario we can all relate to will help:

Are your underpants dirty? Yes! Then change them.

Are your underpants dirty? No! You should still change them because you have been wearing them for more than 24 hours.

So, as you can all see, we should update Windows as we have been using it for a while.

Ordinarily, I'd close a thread at this point and mark it [solved], possibly even issue a couple of bans in the process. But, I am curious to see how many of you change things regularly so we shall leave it open.

ASUS Representative Array Thomas@Asus's Avatar

First Microsoft make the mistake of putting an OS designed for Mouse & Keyboard onto a mobile device, thus leading to a terrible experience. Now some time later they are making the exact same mistake but in reverse (putting a mobile UI onto a KB&M system).
    Thomas Jenner
    Asus UK

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas@Asus View Post
    First Microsoft make the mistake of putting an OS designed for Mouse & Keyboard onto a mobile device, thus leading to a terrible experience. Now some time later they are making the exact same mistake but in reverse (putting a mobile UI onto a KB&M system).
    The subsequent release will be an OS that is designed for neither keyboard, mouse or tablet/mobile device users

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by Raja@ASUS View Post
    I am not sure Ben knows yet. He's usually resistant to change. For example, he insists on writing his name as benching instead of Ben Ching. I have told him multiple times the change would do him good...

The logic for change of most things (including windows) is quite simple. Maybe a scenario we can all relate to will help:

Are your underpants dirty? Yes! Then change them.

Are your underpants dirty? No! You should still change them because you have been wearing them for more than 24 hours.

So, as you can all see, we should update Windows as we have been using it for a while.

Ordinarily, I'd close a thread at this point and mark it [solved], possibly even issue a couple of bans in the process. But, I am curious to see how many of you change things regularly so we shall leave it open.
    Raja is on a roll today...someone in the office must have made the coffee a bit stronger this morning.
    Intel Core 3930K at 4.25GHz
    Asus Rampage IV Extreme BIOS 1404
    Crucial M4 SSD 256GB
    EVGA GTX 570 SC 2-Way SLI @ 822/2000/1.038V 24/7 Drivers: WHQL 301.42
    2 Caviar Black 1TB HDD
    Asus XONAR Phoebus
    Corsair H100 (p/p)
    Corsair Vengance RAM 16GB @1600MHz
    Enermax 1350W PSU
    Windows 7 Professional 64-bit

ASUS Representative Array Thomas@Asus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Raja@ASUS View Post
    Ordinarily, I'd close a thread at this point and mark it [solved], possibly even issue a couple of bans in the process.
    I like this concept of handing out casual bans.

Thomas Jenner
    Asus UK

Hehehe, I like that...

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast