Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    No Longer Works at ASUS Array

Quote Originally Posted by Raja@ASUS View Post
    I am not sure Ben knows yet. He's usually resistant to change. For example, he insists on writing his name as benching instead of Ben Ching. I have told him multiple times the change would do him good...

The logic for change of most things (including windows) is quite simple. Maybe a scenario we can all relate to will help:

Are your underpants dirty? Yes! Then change them.

Are your underpants dirty? No! You should still change them because you have been wearing them for more than 24 hours.

So, as you can all see, we should update Windows as we have been using it for a while.

Ordinarily, I'd close a thread at this point and mark it [solved], possibly even issue a couple of bans in the process. But, I am curious to see how many of you change things regularly so we shall leave it open.
    I'll have to send you a copy of a Car Talk podcast from a few months ago. One of the hosts was saying how if you just showered in your underwear, you never had to wash them. You just couldn't get dressed for about 4 hours. Maybe this could be a whole new marketing opportunity for makers of edible underwear. Cuts down on laundry, you don't change so much as replace, and it's a convenient snack to boot! And the producers will love it, because if people are eating their underwear, they need to keep buying more. Can we say "revenue stream" boys and girls?

ROG 師傅 Array Arne Saknussemm PC Specs
    Arne Saknussemm PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Laptop?...No way! (Model?...Jun Amaki...yes way!)
    MotherboardROG ZENITH EXTREME
    ProcessorTHREADRIPPER 1920X
    Memory (part number)F4-3200C14Q-32GVK
    Graphics Card #1GTX Titan X
    Graphics Card #2SLI is dead to me
    Graphics Card #3Tri SLI is even dead to Nvidia
    Graphics Card #4Quad SLI is dead to everybody especially my credit card
    Sound CardXonar Essence STX
    MonitorASUS ROG Swift PG279Q
    Storage #1Samsung 950 PRO
    Storage #22x OCZ VERTEX 3/2x WD Caviar Black 500GB / 2x WD RED 2TB
    CPU CoolerCustom Loop: Dual D5s, Dual Alphacool Monsta 480s, XSPC Raystorm Neo TR4, EK TitanX WaterBlock
    CaseNope!...Phobya Bench...let it all hang out man!
    Power SupplySeasonic SS-1200XP3
    Keyboard Logitech G810 or Fender Rhodes Electric Piano (MKI 73)
    Mouse G502 or Speedy Gonzalez...not Mickey...don't do Disney!
    Headset ...firmly on neck
    Mouse Pad Mouse don't got his own pad man...lives with me
    Headset/Speakers Edifier Spinnaker...or you mean the speakers in my head...man too many voices to name them all
    OS Win XP, 7, 8, 8.1 and Windows 10 Spyware Edition
    Network Router56k modem
    Accessory #1 Umm...nice tie?
    Accessory #2 Err...belt?
    Accessory #3 3 accessories?! I'm not a girl!!

So if I read you correctly Raja you're saying Windows 8 is pants!!

Tech Marketing Manager HQ Array Raja@ASUS's Avatar

Close Arne, close...

I am saying that Windows should be treated like pants...

ROG 師傅 Array Arne Saknussemm PC Specs
    Arne Saknussemm PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Laptop?...No way! (Model?...Jun Amaki...yes way!)
    MotherboardROG ZENITH EXTREME
    ProcessorTHREADRIPPER 1920X
    Memory (part number)F4-3200C14Q-32GVK
    Graphics Card #1GTX Titan X
    Graphics Card #2SLI is dead to me
    Graphics Card #3Tri SLI is even dead to Nvidia
    Graphics Card #4Quad SLI is dead to everybody especially my credit card
    Sound CardXonar Essence STX
    MonitorASUS ROG Swift PG279Q
    Storage #1Samsung 950 PRO
    Storage #22x OCZ VERTEX 3/2x WD Caviar Black 500GB / 2x WD RED 2TB
    CPU CoolerCustom Loop: Dual D5s, Dual Alphacool Monsta 480s, XSPC Raystorm Neo TR4, EK TitanX WaterBlock
    CaseNope!...Phobya Bench...let it all hang out man!
    Power SupplySeasonic SS-1200XP3
    Keyboard Logitech G810 or Fender Rhodes Electric Piano (MKI 73)
    Mouse G502 or Speedy Gonzalez...not Mickey...don't do Disney!
    Headset ...firmly on neck
    Mouse Pad Mouse don't got his own pad man...lives with me
    Headset/Speakers Edifier Spinnaker...or you mean the speakers in my head...man too many voices to name them all
    OS Win XP, 7, 8, 8.1 and Windows 10 Spyware Edition
    Network Router56k modem
    Accessory #1 Umm...nice tie?
    Accessory #2 Err...belt?
    Accessory #3 3 accessories?! I'm not a girl!!

Soooo.... booting to DOS is like going comando?

Quote Originally Posted by Raja@ASUS View Post
    Close Arne, close...

I am saying that Windows should be treated like pants...
    Put on one leg at a time? Or are we talking the fasten then zip or zip then fasten debate?

And why are you discriminating against people who wear shorts?! Or women who like wearing skirts? I'm right there with you if you want to discriminate against kilt wearers. Geez you Asus peop... Errr... Wait a minute.

hahahahahaha

Shut Up Stupid! Array DaemonCantor's Avatar

Don't worry, I'm not going to change how I look at the issue but if putting out the truth is so offensive that the thread should be closed and I get a BAN for it then all of the threads on this forum should be closed and the entire community should be BANNED for being ROG'ers. Yes I read the last two lines multiple times and no matter how I read it I keep coming back with a Bad Taste in my mouth of a threat not to discuss Windows 8. Arne should be really upset over this since he was trying to get an Idea of what others thought about it and if his fear was justified or not. Just like I asked a Question about Linux and the CHVF and have gotten no response about my issue but yet I have done my best to help others. Yes putting out things like that isn't what this community is supposed to be about or how an ADMIN who Represents ASUS is supposed to act like, but instead each helping each other freely with out a threat of [SOLVED Thread Closed] and people getting BANNED for helping one another. If this is worth me getting BANNED for saying then by all means PLEASE BAN ME!

Quote Originally Posted by DaemonCantor View Post
    Don't worry, I'm not going to change how I look at the issue but if putting out the truth is so offensive that the thread should be closed and I get a BAN for it then all of the threads on this forum should be closed and the entire community should be BANNED for being ROG'ers. Yes I read the last two lines multiple times and no matter how I read it I keep coming back with a Bad Taste in my mouth of a threat not to discuss Windows 8. Arne should be really upset over this since he was trying to get an Idea of what others thought about it and if his fear was justified or not. Just like I asked a Question about Linux and the CHVF and have gotten no response about my issue but yet I have done my best to help others. Yes putting out things like that isn't what this community is supposed to be about or how an ADMIN who Represents ASUS is supposed to act like, but instead each helping each other freely with out a threat of [SOLVED Thread Closed] and people getting BANNED for helping one another. If this is worth me getting BANNED for saying then by all means PLEASE BAN ME!
    Settle down. I'll let Raja speak for himself, but my guess would be that normally by that point these kinds of threads have devolved into a lot of pointless bickering and a couple of people are deserving of a couple days ban to cool off. In this case it devolved into an amusing discussion of pants, and Raja's clear prejudice against shorts and skirts. (Yes, that's a joke)

So just take a deep breath of that stuff they give you at the dentist, and relax.

Don't take him seriously Scott, he's a hot-head that flies off the handle at the drop of a pin. Even jokes get him riled up One of these days he'll ban himself me thinks...heheh

And for the passers by out there. Us ASUS guys tend to like having a joke or two in the general chat area - unfortunately not everyone shares the same humor so the outcome is a mixed bag.

Real stats: Out of 34K members 4 IP bans for real pieces of work. One closed thread last month that went "south" (joke). I would say that is pretty good going. And please note folks, take a gander at the forum threads - how many do you see that are marked [solved]? I think you get my drift, it was a joke. That whole post is a joke actually, and if you cannot or refuse to see that, I'd say this section of the forum is probably best avoided if such things offend.

Quote Originally Posted by Arne Saknussemm View Post
    Soooo.... booting to DOS is like going comando?
    Yeah, bare-back - why do you think Win 8 has safe boot dude? lol

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast