cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G75 660m Unlock core clock

Guido7142
Level 7
Hi, I just wanted to ask if anybody knew how to edit the Vbios of the 660m in a G75 so that we can take the core clock over the limit of +135 MHz. I tried with Nibitor and it did not recognize my card.
Any help would be appreciated.
G75VW-BBK5 / i7 3610QM / 8GB RAM / OCZ Agility 3 SSD 120GB / GTX 660M
31 REPLIES 31

bignazpwns
Level 11
I have however until you know what brand of memory your card uses you cant flash it as the GTX 660m's in them have memory that came from two manufacturers from what i seen and have diffront timings. Flashing the bios with the wrong memory will brick the card and you will have to do a blind flash to restore it. Over at norebook review in gaming there is a guid to overclocking them. I personally gotten the GTX 660m over 1,300mhz on the core.

How did you manage to get the core up to 1300 ?

changing the values for the P0 state and forcing that p state.

Now you might not be able to pull that kind of overclock. Start low work your way up as you can BSOD and corrupt your windows instal "rare but i have had it happen to my self but i use to bench so i dont prob. 1000X more overclocking then the normal person and i use to run clocks that were borderline unstable "maybe by about 5mhz from bsoding"

Go here
http://forum.notebookreview.com/gaming-software-graphics-cards/677169-nvidia-mobile-kepler-6xx-maste...

Also with GPUZ right click the top of the title bar of the program then click read ASiC quality. If you have a low % it will effect your overclock. My GTX 660m is 100% and one of the top clocking 660m's so if your only at 80% dont expect anything close to 1300mhz be happy with 1100.

Also flashing a modded bios to the card will void your warranty just a FYI.

What's up guys ?
I'm new to ROG forums and would like to say Hello everyone.
I would like to ask You guys a question about gpu-z & gtx 660m.
I would like to extract the V-BIOS, I read about it a lot and I think I'm ready to do some modding, but I keep getting an error.
The error message is as follows: "NVFLASH.ROM was not found" forbidding me to be able to come back in case the new V-BIOS is no good.
What can I do to get rid of this error, it specifies the missing .rom file is in a "Temp" directory.

bignazpwns wrote:
changing the values for the P0 state and forcing that p state.

If possible could You elaborate on that. What do You use to force the P0 state (I tried nVidia Inspector + Command Prompt).
I typed: -setGpuClock:0,0,1150 -setMemoryClock:0,0,3000 -forcepstate:0,0, but the commands seem to have no effect. I was able to force the P5 state to 1250Mhz, but was not able to touch the memory clock at all or I crash. I do have a regular OC through MSi Afterburner to +135MHz Core & 3100MHz Memory and get very nice FPS and temp. 62*C MAX !!!
Just want a bit of help with taking this GTX to the max possible without V-BIOS flash which I can't seem to do on my G75.
Any help would b great.

Guido7142
Level 7
I have tested it and reached 1200+. Is there a way to generate command line to make the fan speed to kick at 100% all the time ? Ej: -speedfan: 100.

bignazpwns
Level 11
Nope. Temp controlled. If you don't like your warranty you can mod the fan. I use a 3 position switch and some resistors to give me 35% 50% and 100% fan speeds. But this involves small soldering and some electronics work that can screw your system up.

Guido7142
Level 7
I was thinking of doing such thing. What did you exactly do ? Sort of a bypass between the fan connector and the mobo ?

bignazpwns
Level 11
Yup. Just find your voltage you need and make sure i provides enough current if you don't have a current meter its voltage / resistance.