cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tyton too gimicky too much nonsense

IDPA_expert
Level 8
First thing you say to yourself is why would you ever want to close the doors up to restrict all that air flow you could of had. So it should have been made to allow all that good air flow permanently except without the ugly doors. The wimpy water cooler isnt big enough to add any upgraded parts too.
2 REPLIES 2

X-ROG
Level 15
It is a bit gimmicky, but stacked next to a Dell or HP in a shop, which looks cooler? It's certainly not for everyone but it's an alternative design than your usual black/grey/orange(Acer) box that's had some actual love from real gamers, not just men with excel sheets. The Tytan is designed for mainstream gamers who don't want to build their own, but prefer PC gaming. The only upgrades really expected are perhaps an extra GPU and some hard drives in the future. The CPU cooler is enthusiast class - Corsair/Asetek LLC that many home-builders use. It would simply be impossible to ship a full WCing kit.

dedaciai
Level 10
Nice to see an Asus guy, being honest about the Tytan with regards to the pluses and minuses. I would have to agree, shipping a full WC would be nearly impossible without UPS/Fedex mucking it all up.

As a person who got into PC gaming from a Dell XPS (circa 2008), I became very quickly frustrated with how much proprietary stuff that was in it and the limited expandability. At least with the Tytan, you can upgrade/expand/change more than those many of those AiO gaming rigs. Just my ttwo cents.
Intel Core 3930K at 4.25GHz
Asus Rampage IV Extreme BIOS 1404
Crucial M4 SSD 256GB
EVGA GTX 570 SC 2-Way SLI @ 822/2000/1.038V 24/7 Drivers: WHQL 301.42
2 Caviar Black 1TB HDD
Asus XONAR Phoebus
Corsair H100 (p/p)
Corsair Vengance RAM 16GB @1600MHz
Enermax 1350W PSU
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit