Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    21

    Cool Atheros AR9485 WLAN Driver v10.0.0.75 WHQL

    This new wlan driver has been available for a few days and since the ASUS G75VW Clean Install Guide hasn't been updated, I decided to post it here. I have no idea about the changes, so it would be nice if someone posted a changelog.

    Enjoy: http://www.touslesdrivers.com/index....53&v_langue=en

  2. #2
    ROG Enthusiast Array
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    58

    Weird, it says it's WHQL but in the drivers page it also states that it is a "non official" release.
    Last edited by Forgottenbhs; 10-02-2012 at 01:59 PM.
    Asus G55VW-RS71 - i7 3610QM, 8GB DDR3, GTX 660M 2GB, 128GB OCZ Vertex 4 SSD

  3. #3
    Banned Array
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    41

    I tried installing it and it doesn't work! This driver is not for our WAN chipset!!!!!!

    EDIT: Nevermind, it seems that trying to manually install it via device manager doesnt work but if you use the setup installer it works fine
    Last edited by Ibz; 10-02-2012 at 02:49 PM.

  4. #4
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    21

    Quote Originally Posted by Ibz View Post
    I tried installing it and it doesn't work! This driver is not for our WAN chipset!!!!!!
    That's strange. I'm currently with it and it works perfectly on my G75VW.

  5. #5
    Banned Array
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    41

    Quote Originally Posted by CuriouS View Post
    That's strange. I'm currently with it and it works perfectly on my G75VW.
    did you read what i typed in the Edit? I said it worked after using the setup installer rather than pdating them manually via device manager

  6. #6
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    21

    Quote Originally Posted by Ibz View Post
    did you read what i typed in the Edit? I said it worked after using the setup installer rather than pdating them manually via device manager
    It seems I posted my post at the same time as you edited yours.

  7. #7
    ROG Enthusiast Array
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    28

    Hi,

    Tried installing this with the installer but it doesn't work and killed my wireless connection. Had to do a recovery to get it working again. Should you uninstall the previous version first? whats the best way to do that? device manager uninstall, reboot then install the new version? Also i remember having trouble installing the previous version as well , should i use a driver cleaner program and if so whats a good one to use?

    Thanks for the help

  8. #8
    imMortal Kombatant Array Myk SilentShadow PC Specs
    Myk SilentShadow PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS Rampage IV Formula
    ProcessorIntel i7 3930K
    Memory (part number)8GB Corsair XMS3 1600
    Graphics Card #1ASUS Radeon 7970 3GD5
    Sound CardROG Xonar Phoebus
    MonitorSamsung SyncMaster SA300
    Storage #1Corsair Neutron 128GB
    Storage #2Seagate 2TB
    CPU CoolerCorsair A50 Pro Air Cooler
    CaseBitFenix Merc Alpha
    Power SupplyThermaltake Litepower 700W
    Keyboard Alienware TactX Keyboard
    Mouse Tesoro Gandiva H1L
    OS Win7 Ultimate x64
    Myk SilentShadow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Reputation
    266
    Posts
    5,241

    Quote Originally Posted by JBM View Post
    Hi,

    Tried installing this with the installer but it doesn't work and killed my wireless connection. Had to do a recovery to get it working again. Should you uninstall the previous version first? whats the best way to do that? device manager uninstall, reboot then install the new version? Also i remember having trouble installing the previous version as well , should i use a driver cleaner program and if so whats a good one to use?

    Thanks for the help
    From boot up ---> F8 ---> Safe Mode ---> Device Manager ---> Uninstall ---> Reboot ---> Normal Boot ---> Install New Version

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •