cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

g74sx - backlit not working after RMA

action_man
Level 7
Hi everyone,
i recently sended to RMA my G74SX (problems with VGA) and now i got it back...

Problem is that i decided to format my notebook with my copy of windows professional and by mistake i deleted the restore/F9 partition...

Anyway i procedeed with the installation and installed all the ASUS drivers but i noticed a problem... BACKLIT IS NOT WORKING!!!

I've read on a forum that the backlit should turn on for a second or so when i boot the notebook even if it's not working in windows but the backlit don't turn on at all during the boot....

HELP!!! i have to send the notebook back to RMA again???
3 REPLIES 3

dstrakele
Level 14
As you noted, the keyboard backlight should always flash once on startup, regardless if it is enabled or disabled in Windows. Unfortunately, it sounds like the keyboard backlight power cable was not plugged in or was damaged during your RMA.
G74SX-A1 - stock hardware - BIOS 202 - 2nd Monitor VISIO VF551XVT

unfortunately i can't send the notebook to RMA again because i need it to work... maybe i'll try personally to fix it when i'll have time 😞

anyone have a guide of some kind?

Pitcher1
Level 9
Hi, you mean you delete the restore /F9 partition, did you have back up?
when you install OS, your Fnction Key is work normal or not, if your function key is able to work normal, please type function key to open backlight, if no function and you can dismantle KB, please check KB connecter have plug in or not, if you cannot do, please sent RMA again.