cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fast boot

Bryan123
Level 7
how can i make the my g75 make its boot faster than 37-45 seconds without using ssd? in kseries laptop they have a fast boot app how about the gseries?
15 REPLIES 15

cl-scott
Level 12
You can increase the amount of RAM in your system, and reduce the number of programs that run at startup, but those will only have a minor effect. You're basically hitting the limits of the hardware, or more specifically, the HDD and SATA bus.

bignazpwns
Level 11
Go here http://www.samsung.com/us/support/owners/product/NP700Z3A-S01US#

Install launch program pick samsung fast boot and enjoy.

what program is that?

bignazpwns wrote:
Go here http://www.samsung.com/us/support/owners/product/NP700Z3A-S01US#

Install launch program pick samsung fast boot and enjoy.

I didn't see any improvement using this. In fact, it seemed to take longer to boot. Maybe it was just me or something, but I chose to uninstall it.
~Azrael's Kiss~

Buildin' my post count one post at a time...

bignazpwns
Level 11
Samsung easy settings. Gives you the samsung fast boot options that work well on the g75 as well as some other things in the program.

GottiBoi55
Level 10
Bryan123 wrote:
how can i make the my g75 make its boot faster than 37-45 seconds without using ssd? in kseries laptop they have a fast boot app how about the gseries?

well first thing, a boot time of 37-45 seconds is about normal for the G75 with HDD.
you can shave off a few seconds by turning off, or delay start some startup items in system configuration, or services.

But if you really want a fast boot time you will need to upgrade to a SSD, you can shave 20-25 seconds off boot that 37 second time.
GottiBoi55
Asus
G750JZ-DS71 Windows 10 Pro (x64)
Intel® Core™ i7 4700HQ (2.40GHz)
Samsung
24GB Memory DDR3 1600 MHz SDRAM
SanDisk
M.2 SSD 2x128GB in Raid 0 / WD-HGST-1TB HDD 7500-RPM
NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 880M 4 GB GDDR5 VRAM
Second Monitor: Shar
p Aquos 32"

GottiBoi55 wrote:
well first thing, a boot time of 37-45 seconds is about normal for the G75 with HDD.
you can shave off a few seconds by turning off, or delay start some startup items in system configuration, or services.

But if you really want a fast boot time you will need to upgrade to a SSD, you can shave 20-25 seconds off boot that 37 second time.

Yeah the G75 is a slow booter even with a SSD. I know my samsung chronus 7 booted faster then most G75's with SSD's with a little 5,400rpm drive "But it did have a 8gb cache drive" But useing the fast boot optio on that made a pretty nice improvement then if it was turned off and i would really like to see how it helps the boot times on a stock G75. I would do it but i have no mechanical drvies here.

bignazpwns wrote:
Yeah the G75 is a slow booter even with a SSD. I know my samsung chronus 7 booted faster then most G75's with SSD's with a little 5,400rpm drive "But it did have a 8gb cache drive" But useing the fast boot optio on that made a pretty nice improvement then if it was turned off and i would really like to see how it helps the boot times on a stock G75. I would do it but i have no mechanical drvies here.

I get 15-17 seconds cold boot to desktop with SSD on my G75vw, that's not a "slow Booter" .
boot times of 37-45 seconds are good with HDD.
Most g75 come with 7500rpm drive or a Hybrid drive, for the exception of the "best Buy" model that comes with a 5400rpm 1 TB drive

BTW, what are your boot times if I may ask?
GottiBoi55
Asus
G750JZ-DS71 Windows 10 Pro (x64)
Intel® Core™ i7 4700HQ (2.40GHz)
Samsung
24GB Memory DDR3 1600 MHz SDRAM
SanDisk
M.2 SSD 2x128GB in Raid 0 / WD-HGST-1TB HDD 7500-RPM
NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 880M 4 GB GDDR5 VRAM
Second Monitor: Shar
p Aquos 32"

GottiBoi55 wrote:
I get 15-17 seconds cold boot to desktop with SSD on my G75vw, that's not a "slow Booter" .
boot times of 37-45 seconds are good with HDD.
Most g75 come with 7500rpm drive or a Hybrid drive, for the exception of the "best Buy" model that comes with a 5400rpm 1 TB drive

BTW, what are your boot times if I may ask?

Yes it is put it against another system with the same SSD. I did this testing and my Chronus fully booted to the desktop in 8 sec vs my G75's 14. Even running boot racer the samsung stomped it. And the samsung was running a full disk clone off a mechanical drive so im better with a fresh install it could of been in the 7 sec range. And just in case you are thinking it was drive caching with the ssd it was not. The 8gb cash drive on the samsung was disabled.

Not saying the G75 is bad. I'm just saying its a slow booter when you compare it against other systems in the price range with the same drives. I tested this side by side. Its not like a 8 sec diff in boot time really matters i just wont say its a fast booting system i would say its average for systems with SSD's

And also if anyone was thinking RAIDing your SSD's will get your faster boot times it wont. You will add about 1-2 sec on your boot because you have to load the intel RAID crap prior to boot.