cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with Signature / Avatar

Ov3rClock3r
Level 8
Hi all... I am new here and want to have my signature show up in my posts. I have created it and saved it in my settings and it's on my profile page correctly but it will not show up in my posts. Is there a post number target that I have to reach before it shows up?

Also, in my settings under edit avatar it will not let me undo the bullet that is checked on "do not use an avatar". How do I undo that so I can upload my avatar?

Thanks for the help!!

Edit: Don't know had this happened LOL. My signature just started showing up right after I created this thread. It was not there 5 minutes ago 🙂 Now if I can get the avatar to work I am set.
ASUS Maximus V Extreme
Intel 3770K
Corsair H100
Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB 2133 C9
EVGA GTX 680 Classified
Intel 520 SSD 240GB
WD Velociraptor 600GB
Corsair AX1200i
23 REPLIES 23

Nackers
Level 15
Hi mate, just go into settings, edit avatar, tick use custom avatar, upload image from pc ( 125+125 pixels max or 50kb ) save changes and you should be right to go.

Ov3rClock3r
Level 8
Thanks Nackers... That wasn't available before. It was just the top section that said "No Avatar Specified" and the "Use Custom Avatar" was not there but all looks good now 🙂

Thanks a bunch for the help. I appreciate it!!
ASUS Maximus V Extreme
Intel 3770K
Corsair H100
Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB 2133 C9
EVGA GTX 680 Classified
Intel 520 SSD 240GB
WD Velociraptor 600GB
Corsair AX1200i

My third post, still no ability to load an avatar... One to go?

My fourth post. Maybe I can load an avatar now? Frustrating to see the Avatar I installed on ASUS pages yet can't get it installed here...

> Hi mate, just go into settings, edit avatar, tick use custom avatar, upload image from pc

So what is the secret to allow me to see the 'Use Custom Avatar' box ??? Is this some sort of initiation trial ???
5th Post, maybe now??? Maybe I have to Log out and back in again ??? Windows 8 is more fun than working out how to install an avatar!!!

Nope still no Custom Avatar Box. This is not fun for a 70 Year Old....
Another thing I haven't been able to do is subscribe to threads or topics...
Another secret to unravel ??? Maybe this forum is designed to soften me up for Windows 8 ???

Zygomorphic
Level 17
I think you need a certain number of posts before you can put in a sig/avatar. New ROGer level can't add/change them, I believe. That may have been either a glitch with the forum or else this post pushed you over the limit. 🙂
I am disturbed because I cannot break my system...found out there were others trying to cope! We have a support group on here, if your system will not break, please join!
http://rog.asus.com/forum/group.php?groupid=16
We now have 178 people whose systems will not break! Yippee! 🙂
LINUX Users, we have a group!
http://rog.asus.com/forum/group.php?groupid=23

Zygomorphic wrote:
*Note: Full Member Privileges will be available to New Members after 5 posts and 5 days. This is
part of anti-spamming security. [Avatars, Signatures editing, etc.]* 🙂

Exactly as I recall. .c.

Easy Guide to Signatures
http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?21046-Easy-Guide-to-Images-in-Signatures&country=&status=

Nackers
Level 15
@ ov3rclock3r No worries mate. your welcome.