cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is DayZ

AmunRa90
Level 7
So as the Topic. Lately I've seen a increase in DayZ content on Youtube , other forums are talking about it as well. Looked it up and saw that it's a mod for Arma (2?). Now, I know the basics of it go around and kill zombies I guess in a realistic matter.

But do you build your own settlement and towns and stuff? If it would do that it would be pretty funny and worth the money for Arma 2.

If anyone could shed some light over this to me it would be great. If it turns out to be good I'd love to join one of you if your playing it to try it out one day. The more info you give me the merrier . (If anyone now plays that game here)

Yours~Niclas:confused:
6 REPLIES 6

chrsplmr
Level 18
AmunRa90 .. Welcome to ROG. Good question.
Killing zombies ? Like Spammers ... and Trolls .. now that could be fun ..
build your bunkers ... Rooms .. ect .. visit the Bar/Pub/Lounge/Club ...
Contantly under attack by 'Other' manufacturer FanFlamers ... RMA's???

Sorry ... sounds good.c.

ganji
Level 13
ello folks
DayZ hmm! this game has sucked hundreds of hours out of me recently lol. as AmunRa90 said its a mod for arma 2 about killing zombie's. nearly right, that was the plan originally but it soon turned into pvp. the zombies are just a slight distraction.

You spawn on the beach of churnarus(a 225km sq map) with a bandage and a box of pain killer's and have to look for everything from food to weapons,medical supplie's and vehicle parts. You can set up tents that u find to store all ur looted goodies aswell as repair vehicles you might find. There is a LOT of running involved lol. As its still only an alpha its pretty buggy but not anywhere near as bad as it was and aslong as u use sanctury servers, private hive's u wont get much trouble from hackers. You WILL die a LOT at first but once u suss how to move around zombies it becomes a lot easier but then u have the sniper's sat on a hill 800m away with an AS50 to look out for and anyone else who is about.
It can be a great game and it will make u RAGE at times too especially if you've managed to get yourself kitted up nicely to then be shot and lose everythin you just got. This is where tents and vehicles help a lot. Smaller vehicles have a small amount of storage in them so good for looting but the bigger vehicles like trucks have a lot of storage so can be used as mobile camp sites. Store a tonne of kit n move when need be. Setup small 4 tent camps in different locations so WHEN u DO die you have some kit stored to sort yourself out. unless some git found ur camp n looted everythin you found lol.
It's all in real time with day/night and weather and you need to keep an eye on your hunger,thirst,temp and blood levels. if u dont have a mp and/or compass you can guide yourself using the accurate stars at night and shadows during the day.

its a very good game that is sooo imersive but u cant just go and play for half an hour, it takes time and plenty of it. most days i'll say im sooo sick of this game but i still keep going back and back again.
This is still in aplha testing and there is a standalone in progress.

Granger
Level 10
Couldn't have explained it better than Ganji.

Although he did leave out the fact that when you die, your dead, no save, no going back to last checkpoint, you die, you start again.

ganji
Level 13
cheers ! yup its deffo a right pain in the a## when u die

DayZ (often called DayZed) is really a great platform for a game. Since its still in alpha testing it is no where near what it could be. It truly is a great concept. Just imagine the show The Walking Dead put into a game. There is a 544 square kilometer area to play in, walking speed is just above natural walking speed so to walk from one side of the map to the other can realistically take 8-10hrs. There's also some neat attributes such as creating camp-sites and needing food/water. Its no where near complete and lags really bad but in the near future when it comes outa beta and finally into the final product id imagine it will do very well!

Granger
Level 10
No lag on the servers where I play, it depends on the host I should imagine.

There still are a few bugs, zombies coming through walls and stuff. But really good, and now, there are more maps too, Lingor and Panthera are the ones I play now, a little more varied than Chernarus 🙂