Page 49 of 70 FirstFirst ... 39 47 48 49 50 51 59 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by BenchAndGames View Post
    No, I dont have this software. Ony I have a Asus Boot Settings and Asus PC Diagnostic.

PS: Is competible this memory RAM with MVF ?

F3-2400C10D-16GTX
    G.Skill Trident X DDR3 2400 PC3-19200 16GB 2x8GB CL10

because I've heard talk on the forums, that the MVF not stable with memories of 2400 MHz

Or maybe this:
    F3-2600C10D-8GTXD
    G.Skill TridentX DDR3 2600 PC3-20800 8GB 2x4GB CL10

x2 for 16 GB !!

Stable 2600 MHz in MVF ??
    never buy/mix 2 kits.
    always buy 1 kit ( 1 pack of 4x4 or 2x8gig for example )
    and you will not have use for that high frequensy on rams unless your doing rendering for example.
    for gaming and sutch 1600 - 1866 is more then enough.

ROG Enthusiast Array BenchAndGames's Avatar

Why not buy two kits of the same frequencies and mix this ?

Supposed to be the same, that 4x4, only the first option: two modules are packaged to sell to the public, and the second option: 4 modules are packaged to sell to the public. But in both cases are the same modules and the same frequencies.

You could give me a good reason, why not mix 2 kits identical ??

EDIT:

Now I'm remembering, myself I have currently two mixed kits !!!

First time I bought 2x4 GSkill Sniper 1866 Mhz. ( manufactured in 2011/03 )
    And the second time after one year, I bought another 2x4 GSkill Sniper 1866 Mhz ( manufactured in 2012/01 )

As are manufactured with 10 months apart, then according to your theory, they would not be compatible.

But the fact that I have one year with these two mixtures, exactly the same, the voltage, frequency and timings, and work very stable. I dont have issues !!!
    Last edited by BenchAndGames; 04-08-2013 at 10:18 PM.

Banned Array

Quote Originally Posted by MeanBruceROG View Post
    So the Obsidian 900D has 4USB 2.0 front ports and 2USB 3.0 ports. Not understanding why companies don’t just use all USB 3.0 ports??? USB 3.0 is backward compatible. Does it cost that much more?
    ports are backwards compatible with USB 2.0 devices, but the Motherboard connectors aren't compatible with USB 2.0 headers, that's why

Banned Array

Yup, you're right Mr. feniks, they still could put Four USB 3.0 ports up front though couldn't they? My chassis has Four USB 3.0 ports on the front I/O and I'm using both motherboard headers on the M5E. I just thought Corsair should have given 4USB 3.0s and 2USB 2.0s on the front panel, instead of the other way around.

For a chassis costing $349 they should have given more blue up front and less white.

How you been Mr. feniks?

This video of the 900D is so good, such a beautiful design:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhSs_ZRR5Pk
    I'm not bad hehe ... been through some crazy computer stuff recently ... both at home and work LOL ... wondering if I maybe started attracting weirdness to me or something? anyways, all works again, hah!

how about yourself? I see you getting some outstanding goodies over there hehe. I love the 900D case.
    support for 2x 480 rads and front 360 is admirable also loving the dust filters, can't live without them on intakes!

I agree with your reasoning and I second placing 2 pairs of USB 3.0 in front as accessing those ports from back is useful only for external storage devices that stay there and NOTHING else LOL!
    speaking of which I must convert my old case with USB 2.0 front panel to USB 3.0 finally ... received the ebay cables already, just need to mod my FP module ... you wouldn't believe how old case I'm running here ... nothing that a dremel and drill and some paint can't fix though haha!
    Last edited by feniks; 04-11-2013 at 07:43 PM.

Banned Array

thanks but I modded the case already a year ago taking 650D/800D as an example for the some outlines on the job

before (stock photo of Thermaltake Armor VA8000):

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

after modding (stripped down case):

and Here it is loaded with my stuff (EX360 in front intake area, 240 Monsta acool in the back) - sorry for poor colors in picture, my wife's DSLR overwhelmed me in manual mode hehe:

and close up at night:

and my last toy, a copper Raystorm block, pic taken in daylight (got better with DSLR settings hehe):

How old of a chassis you running man? I've got two empty cases on the back porch if you need an interim chassis, while you decide.

A Corsair 650D and a CoolerMaster mid-tower. Have two side panels for the 650D, the mesh and two windows and two front panels, you want it bro? It's yours.

Banned Array

thanks for kind words buddy!

yup, I did all the work myself on this case, took me 3-4 days to complete it. and yes, I also sleeved wires (for PSU I only sleeved extensions, not the actual PSU wires, PSU is pretty well hidden in my case anyways). the red one is mdpc-x Blut Rot sleeving and heatshrink, the black one however is Kobra HD (with black mdpc-x heatshrink) ... both are similar diameter - Kobra HD is a tiny bit wider though, probably because it's made to specs in inches and mdpc-x is made to specs in metric system.
    I like that black/red theme with a touch of glowing blue water cooling hehe, have to admit that I enjoy looking at it at nights

thanks for the offer on the spare case. I don't have any plans for extra desktop or server however, so don't hold it for me ... I'm sure there are other ROGers in need!

You're a chassis modder also? You did the interior paint? Geeeez man, you are good! Well if I still have the 650D in a few months and you want it for parts or materials let me know or a custom MOD, let me know feniks man. I will happily send it to you.

Love the extra-thick sleeving on those cables, did you do those yourself? They don't look Corsair, they look like they are made of ROG RED cotton.
    Last edited by feniks; 04-11-2013 at 09:28 PM.

ROG AirWays Captain Array TenBlade's Avatar

Awesome rig there, fen! Nice pic.s.

Banned Array

Quote Originally Posted by TenBlade View Post
    Awesome rig there, fen! Nice pic.s.
    thanks buddy!

ROG Enthusiast Array MultiDoc PC Specs
    MultiDoc PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS Strix Z370-I
    ProcessorIntel i7 8700K
    Memory (part number)Corsair CMK32GX4M2C3000C16
    Graphics Card #1ASUS Strix 1080Ti OC
    MonitorASUS ROG Swift PG279Q
    Storage #1Samsung 960 Pro M.2 NVMe 1TB
    Storage #2Samsung 860 Evo 2TB
    CPU CoolerNoctua NH-D9L (2xNF-B9 Redux PWM)
    CaseNcase M1 v5
    Power SupplyCorsair SF600
    Keyboard Wooting One Premium
    Mouse Logitech G703
    Headset Fnatic Duel TMA-2
    Mouse Pad OcUK 3XL extended
    Headset/Speakers BOSE Companion 2 Series III
    OS Windows 10 x64
    Network RouterNetGear R7000
    Accessory #1 Logitech C920 HD Pro Webcam
    Accessory #2 Glorious PC Gaming Race TKL keyboard wrist rest
    Accessory #3 ASUS USB-BT400

Quote Originally Posted by BenchAndGames View Post
    No, I dont have this software. Ony I have a Asus Boot Settings and Asus PC Diagnostic.

PS: Is competible this memory RAM with MVF ?

F3-2400C10D-16GTX
    G.Skill Trident X DDR3 2400 PC3-19200 16GB 2x8GB CL10

because I've heard talk on the forums, that the MVF not stable with memories of 2400 MHz
    I got that same exact kit from G.Skill in my rig and i can verify it runs rock solid stable, just using the XMP profile and you're set at 2400. Note though that if you run an air cooller for the cpu you might have to remove the upper part of their heat spreaders (they are indeed removable)

Cheers.
    Asus Strix Z370-I (BIOS: 0612), i7 8700K (de&re-lided, Noctua NH-D9L 3xNF-B9 redux), Corsair LPX 2x16GB @ 3000MHz, Samsung 960 Pro 1BT M.2 + Samsung 860 Evo 2TB, Asus Strix 1080Ti OC, Asus ROG Swift PG279Q, Ncase M1 v5 (2xNF-A12x25 pwm), Corsair SF600, Logitech G703, Wooting One, Edifier R1700BT Speakers, Fnatic Duel TMA-2, Logitech C920 HD Pro, Win 10 Pro x64

imMortal Kombatant Array Myk SilentShadow PC Specs
    Myk SilentShadow PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS Rampage IV Formula
    ProcessorIntel i7 3930K
    Memory (part number)8GB Corsair XMS3 1600
    Graphics Card #1ASUS Radeon 7970 3GD5
    Sound CardROG Xonar Phoebus
    MonitorSamsung SyncMaster SA300
    Storage #1Corsair Neutron 128GB
    Storage #2Seagate 2TB
    CPU CoolerCorsair A50 Pro Air Cooler
    CaseBitFenix Merc Alpha
    Power SupplyThermaltake Litepower 700W
    Keyboard Alienware TactX Keyboard
    Mouse Tesoro Gandiva H1L
    OS Win7 Ultimate x64

Two quick videos presenting the new Corsair Obsidian 900D SuperTower. I think Myk is waiting on this chassis to become available:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhSs_ZRR5Pk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uzkk-qjsAdQ

You sir are a Gentleman!! and yeah, i'd loooove to get my hands on one of these but I face a couple problems. 1) no bloody money, it'll probably retail for 400 here in Aus online and 2) insufficient hardware to fill it lmao

Page 49 of 70 FirstFirst ... 39 47 48 49 50 51 59 ... LastLast