cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My complete experience with ASUS products. [Pictures Inside]

joyfulPo
Level 8
Got myself four ASUS G75VW-T1134V around 30 days ago.

10 September 2012 - !NEW! ASUS G75VW 17.3" Full HD GeForce GTX660 2GB,Core i7-3610QM,6GB RAM,500GB HD
Had dead pixels, horizontal black lines across the screen.
Was delivered back to get my money back.

12 September 2012 - !NEW! ASUS G75VW 17.3" Full HD GeForce GTX660 2GB,Core i7-3610QM,6GB RAM,500GB HD
Had dead pixels (minor), horizontal black lines across the screen.
We kept this for my girlfriend, she insisted.

13 September 2012 - !NEW! ASUS G75VW 17.3" Full HD GeForce GTX660 2GB,Core i7-3610QM,6GB RAM,500GB HD
Had dead pixels, horizontal black lines across the screen.
Was delivered back to get my money back.

16 September 2012 - !NEW! ASUS G75VW 17.3" Full HD GeForce GTX660 2GB,Core i7-3610QM,6GB RAM,500GB HD
No dead pixels, horizontal black lines across the screen.
I kept this one, was tired of it all.

* Now each time I had to deliver the laptop, it would take about 10 days before the money was returned to my bank account.
So you can see on the dates that I had some money to spend and that I trust ASUS products to be of good quality.

Things experienced later on:
- When typing, you often and suddenly see the text disappear, so you have to write everything over again.
- TocuhPad slacking, not responding well at all.

* What is the black lines? Look at http://www.diablofans.com/ - do you see them in the red background? If not, then you don't have the issue I have. Good for you.

That's all. Just wanted to make a complete overview.

These are close up on the lines with a phone camera:

1 | This is my screen on DiabloFans.com
http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/9498/img20121008011625.jpg

2 | This is my screen where I zoom into a dark place on a WOW screenshot
http://img694.imageshack.us/img694/5176/img20121008012010.jpg
22 REPLIES 22

bignazpwns
Level 11
I have not had one problem with my G75. I personally used 4 of them and never had any problems with them. And i used 3 G55's and never had any problems. My only problems have been Asus Support that is non existent "Still waiting for a call back after 2 months and a response to my complaint with the BBB."

I wonder what ASUS policy is on this screen error I have because if they don't acknowledge this as a problem for designers, with black lines across the screen .. Then I'm scr-wd!

dstrakele
Level 14
bignazpwns wrote:
I have not had one problem with my G75. I personally used 4 of them and never had any problems with them. And i used 3 G55's and never had any problems. My only problems have been Asus Support that is non existent "Still waiting for a call back after 2 months and a response to my complaint with the BBB."

What a glowing review... Just curious - If you never had any problems with your ASUS laptops, why did you call ASUS Technical Support and then file a complaint against them with the BBB? Was it accessory-related or for a different ASUS product?
G74SX-A1 - stock hardware - BIOS 202 - 2nd Monitor VISIO VF551XVT

dstrakele wrote:
What a glowing review... Just curious - If you never had any problems with your ASUS laptops, why did you call ASUS Technical Support and then file a complaint against them with the BBB? Was it accessory-related or for a different ASUS product?

For a person i am helping who's G75's disk drive scratches every dvd put in it to the point they can not be used. I have never had a problem with them but he was never given a RMA number and when i called i took it all the way to a supervisor who said he would look into this and call me back with a RMA number and never did. So we filed a complaint with the BBB to get a RMA for the defective drive.

I fixed it for the guy i mean its 1 screw and not a big deal to me but it seems like they are trying to ignore the problem like they did with a few other issues from what we seen. There is no reason why he shouldent of been given a RMA number the system was 2 weeks and would of been returned if the guy did not have most of his data already transferred over.

But its no big surprise. Everyone know's that Asus's support is a joke and really they should strive to be like Dell because if i have a problem with my overpriced Alienware they got it fixed in my home the next day with no red tape or anything like that. I would really like to see Asus handle RMA's faster and send out shipping box's like Dell does when they don't repair stuff in home.

As for screen error issues i don't know what Asus is but dells was it had to have more then 4 dead pixles in a cluster for a repair. The lines in the screen could be a few things we wont know until we find out how Asus does Q.C. on these if they do any at all. If they are testing the hardware and it all passes then its software. If they are testing the lcd separate from the system then it could be the gpu. I mean there are a lot of things that could put lines in your screen and depending on how they do their Q.C. it might not show up and if this problem is this big to the point that someone has gotten that many then they need to rethink their Q.C. and address this problem "Wont happen" because something like this suggest that the falure rate on these laptops is pretty high.

joyfulPo
Level 8
I would love to have someone tell me now, if I can call Customer Support tomorrow and say, hello.

"This screen has black lines across the screen within dark colors."
"Can you guys give me a new screen without any fuss?"

GottiBoi55
Level 10
I'm just wondering, where are buying theses defective laptops?
I own three Asus laptops, and never had a hardware issue with them.
I had software or drivers issues, but that can be expected.
After receiving the second "bad laptop" , it's about time to look elsewhere.
You know what I mean?
GottiBoi55
Asus
G750JZ-DS71 Windows 10 Pro (x64)
Intel® Core™ i7 4700HQ (2.40GHz)
Samsung
24GB Memory DDR3 1600 MHz SDRAM
SanDisk
M.2 SSD 2x128GB in Raid 0 / WD-HGST-1TB HDD 7500-RPM
NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 880M 4 GB GDDR5 VRAM
Second Monitor: Shar
p Aquos 32"

www.Komplett.no

But take a look here, I'm not sure I would call them black lines anymore when you look closely, a different color it is. But lines no matter.
Looks worse from distance but I had to get close to see the details with a phone camera.

1 | This is my screen on DiabloFans.com
http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/9498/img20121008011625.jpg

2 | This is my screen where I zoom into a dark place on a WOW screenshot
http://img694.imageshack.us/img694/5176/img20121008012010.jpg

Looks more like yellow lines to me now.

Just a note...Look at the price-tag on that Alienware...sure, they treat you like royalty, but that's because you're spending like royalty. ASUS tech support was polite with me, though definitely not that great...
I am disturbed because I cannot break my system...found out there were others trying to cope! We have a support group on here, if your system will not break, please join!
http://rog.asus.com/forum/group.php?groupid=16
We now have 178 people whose systems will not break! Yippee! 🙂
LINUX Users, we have a group!
http://rog.asus.com/forum/group.php?groupid=23

Zygomorphic wrote:
Just a note...Look at the price-tag on that Alienware...sure, they treat you like royalty, but that's because you're spending like royalty. ASUS tech support was polite with me, though definitely not that great...

Did you look at the photos I've took tho?