Page 17 of 97 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 67 ... LastLast
    ROG Enthusiast Array

reading closer into it, it will be too big for almost all laptops... unless you want to modify your laptop to a degree (voiding warranty obviously)

ROG Guru: Green Belt Array fostert's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zygomorphic View Post
    Newegg gets things confused. I'd bet against it working. It might be pulling more power than most notebooks supply, in addition to being thicker.
    Power requirments @1.7W look normal for a laptop hard drive, so its probably just the thickness and maybe too the reduced airflow around it in tight spaces like notebooks. But the G74 has two HDD large bays with caddies, and its a big form factor with less cramped internal space..I wonder if one of these might fit in there w/o a caddy and work?? Gonna measure my G74 sometime this week.
    --
    G74SX-CST1-CBIL, i7 2630QM 2GHz
    32GB DDR3 RAM @1333MHz
    GTX560M 3GB DDR5 (192 bit)
    17.3" LED 1920x1080
    Sentelic TP, BIOS 203
    Debian Linux Wheezy (Testing) Kernel 3.2, NVIDIA 295.40

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by fostert View Post
    But the G74 has two HDD large bays with caddies, and its a big form factor with less cramped internal space..
    Oooooo... never thought of that... let us know the size available! =-D

ROG Guru: White Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebo View Post
    What I'm planning on getting a 256 SSD for OS/Main Program/Game Storage, using the 750 hybrid as additional Program/game storage, and using my networked 2TB drive for large storage duties

I have found that I have a hard time filling up 750 gigs solely with the programs and games that I play (Unless I get a bug up my ass to install EVERY GAME i have in my steam library)
    That's EXACTLY the bug I have, my gaming library runs close to 1TB

This waiting game should prove useful for my patience building... *sigh*

ROG Enthusiast Array

Any news?

An official ASUS dealer here (Italy) told me that they will release some info this week, and that the PCs will be avaiable something like 10 days later....is that possible? I don't think so...What do you guys think?

Waiting for Marshall to give us some obscure updates There's also one US reseller with back orders on 3 different models.

ROG Enthusiast Array

But how long is it gonna take from announcment to have it in our hands?

It's just cause i ordered the G75VW about 2 months ago but then was able to deal for the G75VX when it will be released. So if I have to wait another month for the G75VX I'd probably get the G75VW. It's just a matter of waiting for me. And i HATE to wait

Personally I'd rather wait as long as it takes for the Windows 8 drivers to be ironed out and stable. Since the G46 was just released and expected in stores by December, that should give us an indication on when to expect the G75VX. Just my opinion.

ROG Enthusiast Array

akillqui power

Quote Originally Posted by Adyghost View Post
    Personally I'd rather wait as long as it takes for the Windows 8 drivers to be ironed out and stable. Since the G46 was just released and expected in stores by December, that should give us an indication on when to expect the G75VX. Just my opinion.
    So should I buy the G75VW now or wait for the VX?

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by Adyghost View Post
    So should I buy the G75VW now or wait for the VX?

Page 17 of 97 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 67 ... LastLast