Page 34 of 97 FirstFirst ... 24 32 33 34 35 36 44 84 ... LastLast
    New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by Shawnnepc View Post
    It's not like it's delayed due to choice :P

Man I need to buy this so bad but really can't wait.....trying desperately not to pull the trigger on that MSI 675MX laptop....Any word on why asus is delayed?

Quote Originally Posted by vyper View Post
    Man I need to buy this so bad but really can't wait.....trying desperately not to pull the trigger on that MSI 675MX laptop....Any word on why asus is delayed?
    You really don't want to do that.

The MSI chassis are pretty terrible x_X

ROG Enthusiast Array Tudor PC Specs
    Tudor PC Specs
    MotherboardR5E 3.1
    Processor5820k
    Memory (part number)64gb Vengeance LPX 2133
    Graphics Card #1Strix 980ti OC
    MonitorPG279Q
    Storage #1950 Pro 512
    Storage #2850 Pro 512
    CPU CoolerNH D15
    Power Supply1200w Pro 11
    OS Win 10 Pro 64

Quote Originally Posted by Shawnnepc View Post
    You really don't want to do that.

The MSI chassis are pretty terrible x_X
    So, what's a good chassis ?

New ROGer Array

Question

How much power is enough?
    I have a great gaming desktop (i7@4.5GHZ + Phantom GTX580 3GB SLi) for gaming at 2560x1600 at home but a new job means working away from home all week.

Will the G75VX be able to provide me with an excellent gaming experience?

I don't need max settings in every game but smooth gameplay and high quality graphics are important to me.
    I can sacrifice AA if I have to to get good gameplay. Is that do-able with the G75VX?

The laptop would only be used for gaming, skype, browsing etc away from home, so portability is not that important.
    I regularly play BF3, GW2, Arma 2, Eve and Borderlands 2.

I love the design of the G75 more than any other gaming laptop but I know that I can get more power for my money, even in a 15" build to order laptop.
    My biggest worry is that the G75VX will not perform as well as I hope...
    Are all of you G75VW owners satisfied with the gaming performance?
    Am I worrying about nothing because in the real world the G75 performs perfectly acceptably with the majority of games?
    It would be great to hear from you all before I splash my savings on the wrong model.

ROG Guru: White Belt Array

The G75VX should handle everything you throw at it at high settings. Supposedly a GTX 670MX can reach stable OC levels to match the performance of a 680M. Personally I think the 670MX was tailor made for Asus' design philosophy and am looking forward to it.

ROG Enthusiast Array

http://www.notebookcheck.net/NVIDIA-...M.72197.0.html

Link I provided has a wealth of info and stats on the 670m, which is expected to be 10-20% slower than the 670mx that is in the new VX... If you look at the numbers, all of them are fine at 1920x1080, and only a few games seem to struggle with all settings maxed...

I said this before, I am buying this expecting 670m performance, but hoping for 20% increase... It will be Kepler, run cooler, and OC like a mofo regardless

Quote Originally Posted by Tudor View Post
    So, what's a good chassis ?
    Currently ASUS has the most solid feeling chassis on the market.

Network Monkey Array

I'm rather excited to see the G75VX released. I've been running on a M50SA since mid 2008. I've been trying to make the thing last as long as possible, and its still running great even today. I've just finally given into the urge to buy somethign new, and I'm definitely buying from Asus again.

The only thing that bugs me is Windows. I wish vendors/manufacturers supported the option of either no pre-installed OS, or at least a refund of the cost. I will be installing Fedora on the device immediately after receiving it. This is quite an annoyance to me, but it seems there isn't anything I can do about it.

Either way, I will still be buying a G75VX. Even if its not released until the end of the year, I'm willing to wait for a quality product that may last me another 4+ years.

That is the biggest problem with quality hardware, it costs the company money in that the computer doesn't make them money while it is still working. lol I use Ubuntu on my ASUS laptop which has lasted me a year so far with zero problems.
    I am disturbed because I cannot break my system...found out there were others trying to cope! We have a support group on here, if your system will not break, please join!
    http://rog.asus.com/forum/group.php?groupid=16
    We now have 178 people whose systems will not break! Yippee!
    LINUX Users, we have a group!
    http://rog.asus.com/forum/group.php?groupid=23

ROG Guru: Green Belt Array fostert's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by myself22889 View Post
    The only thing that bugs me is Windows. I wish vendors/manufacturers supported the option of either no pre-installed OS, or at least a refund of the cost. I will be installing Fedora on the device immediately after receiving it. This is quite an annoyance to me, but it seems there isn't anything I can do about it.
    I am **really** glad someone else out feels the same! I am getting tired of paying extra for a system with a Wondows sticker on the bottom, since the first thing I do is reformat and install Linux. In fact, ASUS is one of the worst vendors for applying the "windows tax" and never giving refunds or credits for unused copies (as Microshaft's own EULA states). Wish I would have been part of Windows Refund Day back in '99. Gates is a complete hypocrite: he wants us to pay for software that we use, but then why do I have to pay for software that I don't?
    This is why I support the Open Source movement and the Free Software movement.

Sorry, but this really steams me.

Feels better now...phew
    --
    G74SX-CST1-CBIL, i7 2630QM 2GHz
    32GB DDR3 RAM @1333MHz
    GTX560M 3GB DDR5 (192 bit)
    17.3" LED 1920x1080
    Sentelic TP, BIOS 203
    Debian Linux Wheezy (Testing) Kernel 3.2, NVIDIA 295.40

Page 34 of 97 FirstFirst ... 24 32 33 34 35 36 44 84 ... LastLast