Graphics Card #1Strix 980ti OC
    MonitorPG279Q
    Storage #1950 Pro 512
    Storage #2850 Pro 512
    CPU CoolerNH D15
    Power Supply1200w Pro 11
    OS Win 10 Pro 64

Quote Originally Posted by Adyghost View Post
    Folks, until Asus makes the official announcement I wouldn't believe everything a store tells me. They might just as well string people along from week to week just to secure a good amount of pre-orders. Just my two cents.
    well the site I use for buying gadgets and from which I've posted the link it's quite credible. Just recently I've preordered a phone with a month in advance to the stated launch date and it was spot on....even several days ahead of schedule. Also the price was lower than it is now and they stood by it although faq says they can change it if official price goes up by the time it's ready to be shipped.

ROG Guru: White Belt Array

Personally I won't take a store's word over the manufacturer, no matter how credible it is. But maybe this is an instance where Asus tells it's distributors to expect the units by a certain date and delays the official announcement for whatever reason. Which doesn't make sense seeing as how we already know what the new specs are. Plus they released the info for the G46 but its production was also delayed a few days later.

Oh well...

ROG Enthusiast Array Tudor PC Specs
    Tudor PC Specs
    MotherboardR5E 3.1
    Processor5820k
    Memory (part number)64gb Vengeance LPX 2133
    MonitorPG279Q
    Storage #1950 Pro 512
    Storage #2850 Pro 512
    CPU CoolerNH D15
    Power Supply1200w Pro 11
    OS Win 10 Pro 64

keep in mind that this is the case in many situations....official announcement is today and tomorrow you can buy it from the store; if the dealers wouldn't have a heads up from the manufacturer they wouldn't be able to sell so fast after official announcement. I think this is the case here as well....even more I think preferred dealers get units before announcement

Nothing ever comes out on time, I think that is the standard of modern society. We build everything to run faster and more efficiently, and still work takes longer than ever. Calvin and Hobbes anyone?
    I am disturbed because I cannot break my system...found out there were others trying to cope! We have a support group on here, if your system will not break, please join!
    http://rog.asus.com/forum/group.php?groupid=16
    We now have 178 people whose systems will not break! Yippee!
    LINUX Users, we have a group!
    http://rog.asus.com/forum/group.php?groupid=23

Quote Originally Posted by Tudor View Post
    keep in mind that this is the case in many situations....official announcement is today and tomorrow you can buy it from the store; if the dealers wouldn't have a heads up from the manufacturer they wouldn't be able to sell so fast after official announcement. I think this is the case here as well....even more I think preferred dealers get units before announcement
    Quote Originally Posted by Zygomorphic View Post
    Nothing ever comes out on time, I think that is the standard of modern society. We build everything to run faster and more efficiently, and still work takes longer than ever. Calvin and Hobbes anyone?

Just a FYI:

We got 5 different dates on when the ORIGINAL G75VW was supposed to be released, it never hit those dates in the end.
    Last edited by Shawnnepc; 11-10-2012 at 04:26 AM.

ROG Guru: Green Belt Array fostert's Avatar

Remember, the consumer, not the marketing manager, should have the ultimate say...as the consumer, I don't care if the Windows Tax makes ASUS an extra $$ profit...that extra comes from guess who? Its simply a convenient cash grab for vendors like ASUS, since the only cases of consumers actually getting the refund they are due for not accepting the Windows EULA are high-profile court cases. I want the choice.

Again, this goes back to 1976 with Bill Gates open letter to computer hobbyists, bemoaning the fact that most of them don't pay for the software that they use...well, why doesn't it work the other way?

And, why would ASUS have to support Linux? They could just sell latops with an option of no OS, and state up front that they will only support folks with software troubles that stem from Windows. The bulk of the G74 problem solving advice on these forums has been to format and reinstall Wondows anyways, since the install that ASUS ships is bloated to the point of maggots coming out of the cooling vents. They might save themselves some phone calls.

Again, no offence meant, just a former Microsoft fanboy thats realized what he put up with for years...until switching to Linux in 1995. Don';t get me wrong...really love my G74 workhorse, and appreciate that it might not be so without a Windows Tax.
    Last edited by fostert; 11-10-2012 at 05:36 AM.
    --
    G74SX-CST1-CBIL, i7 2630QM 2GHz
    32GB DDR3 RAM @1333MHz
    GTX560M 3GB DDR5 (192 bit)
    17.3" LED 1920x1080
    Sentelic TP, BIOS 203
    Debian Linux Wheezy (Testing) Kernel 3.2, NVIDIA 295.40

ROG Enthusiast Array Tudor PC Specs
    Tudor PC Specs
    MotherboardR5E 3.1
    Processor5820k
    Memory (part number)64gb Vengeance LPX 2133
    MonitorPG279Q
    Storage #1950 Pro 512
    Storage #2850 Pro 512
    CPU CoolerNH D15
    Power Supply1200w Pro 11
    OS Win 10 Pro 64

Quote Originally Posted by Shawnnepc View Post
    Just a FYI:

We got 5 different dates on when the ORIGINAL G75VW was supposed to be released, it never hit those dates in the end.
    we'll see. I still think in 2 weeks' time (like that dealer said on his site, no later than 24th november) it will be launched in germany for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by fostert View Post
    Remember, the consumer, not the marketing manager, should have the ultimate say...as the consumer, I don't care if the Windows Tax makes ASUS an extra $$ profit...that extra comes from guess who? Its simply a convenient cash grab for vendors like ASUS, since the only cases of consumers actually getting the refund they are due for not accepting the Windows EULA are high-profile court cases. I want the choice.

Again, this goes back to 1976 with Bill Gates open letter to computer hobbyists, bemoaning the fact that most of them don't pay for the software that they use...well, why doesn't it work the other way?

And, why would ASUS have to support Linux? They could just sell latops with an option of no OS, and state up front that they will only support folks with software troubles that stem from Windows. The bulk of the G74 problem solving advice on these forums has been to format and reinstall Wondows anyways, since the install that ASUS ships is bloated to the point of maggots coming out of the cooling vents. They might save themselves some phone calls.

Again, no offence meant, just a former Microsoft fanboy thats realized what he put up with for years...until switching to Linux in 1995. Don';t get me wrong...really love my G74 workhorse, and appreciate that it might not be so without a Windows Tax.
    Definitely something to consider. Maybe one of the other retailers like XoticPC or someone will do it. Dell I know does, and I think Toshiba was shipping OpenSolaris for a while. Don't quote me on the latter though. Your idea about how to deal with phone calls might cut some, but if they stick to their high-end gaming computers (where more of the customers know what they are doing), it might actually work out.

I use LINUX almost exclusively, and I am considering just putting Windows in a VM.
    I am disturbed because I cannot break my system...found out there were others trying to cope! We have a support group on here, if your system will not break, please join!
    http://rog.asus.com/forum/group.php?groupid=16
    We now have 178 people whose systems will not break! Yippee!
    LINUX Users, we have a group!
    http://rog.asus.com/forum/group.php?groupid=23

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array Symho's Avatar

Sorry which versions of G75-VX will be sold in Italy?
    ASUS G750JZ - T4044H with GX1000 black

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by Symho View Post
    Sorry which versions of G75-VX will be sold in Italy?
    ASUS G75VX-T4007H

No SSD nor hybird for us italians

Page 37 of 97 FirstFirst ... 27 35 36 37 38 39 47 87 ... LastLast