Page 6 of 97 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 ... LastLast
    ROG Member Array

Not sure whats going on in this thread.
    I love my g75. I wanted a G series since it came out. ONLY reason i didnt get it was the size. It was too thick. Even now the g75 is thick but it is a lot thinner and slimmer than the g74. THATS WHY I GOT IT!

I like the slimmer size, the performance, the feel and the ergonomics of the laptop. The graphics is top notch but not the best. Still a great card the gtx 670m. I dont regret my purchase.

I was going to get the g55 but it was only a little lighter than the 75. It had the 660m instead of the 670m and it is hardt o clean the fan. I just went with the g75.

Best choice ever.

New ROGer Array

Cool

@MarshallR

I dont own a G seirse yet, but I have wonted one for some time... Here is what I think.

1)I like having the screen and keyboard all combined and easy to move if need. I travel and attend classes... so it is nice to be able to meet up with friends or move to a new place and just have to move the laptop and not a tower, monitor, keyboard, mouse, etc. Don't get me wrong, I don't bring my bigger laptop to class (I have a netbook/tablet for that), but it is my primary when I go back home for the evening.
    2) Not really, I don't need a larger screen.. the 17" - 15" range is perfect.
    3) Mostly on a table, and from time to time on my lap.

What I like about the current G series is the style and functionality. It has the features looked for and is not just a plastic block that is loud as hell (looking at my current clevo laptop....). It also has some usability outside of just sitting on a desk, it has some battery life and a excellent keyboard and mouse pad (especially on the G75) to make it lap worthy.

Some things that have kept me from buying a G75 are the lack of switching graphics and a better GPU. The keyboard, design, and functionality are great (especially how quiet it is) but I would love to see a top notch (680m, 675mx) GPU with switching graphics. This would not only extend the battery life (when needed) but reduce the heat, using the Intel HD graphics for web browsing, word processing, videos while the discrete GPU (680m) would only be used during gaming. Also, the inclusion of mSATA would be nice, takes up less space and can still have the same capacity of a 2.5" SSD. This could also allow for more space for cooling . I like the combo of a 256GB mSATA SSD (boot/OS) with 1 or 2 hard drives for storage (1 would suffice, but 2 could allow dual boot (dedicated hard drive) for weird people like me!). I guess i should mention the mic and web cam. Im not sure of the current quality of these on the G series, but a excellent mic and web cam are crucial for me (web meetings and conference calls of VOIP). My current clevo sucks for this! I had to buy a head seat and look ridiculous during web chat with video.

That is really it... 8GB RAM is good, and 2.4GHz i7 is perfect. Sorry for the wall of text.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Since some people mention wishes:

A fingerprint reader for the G55vx would be quite nice.

ROG Guru: Green Belt Array fostert's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudfire View Post
    Stock clocks the 670MX have a memory bandwidth of 67GB/s. 675MX 115.2GB/s. Both running @ 900MHz. Already here the 675MX have a HUGE lead.
    Not being a gamer or anything I honestly don't know what the answer to this is, but it seems to me the right question to ask is: do today's GPUs and the demands placed on them by games actually saturate the bandwidth to the memory? I.e. is the memory bandwidth always the bottleneck in the chain? Does overclocking actually even put the memory bandwidth into that realm? If not then an increase from 192 to 256 bits is going to be about as effective as twinning the dirt alley road behind my house.
    --
    G74SX-CST1-CBIL, i7 2630QM 2GHz
    32GB DDR3 RAM @1333MHz
    GTX560M 3GB DDR5 (192 bit)
    17.3" LED 1920x1080
    Sentelic TP, BIOS 203
    Debian Linux Wheezy (Testing) Kernel 3.2, NVIDIA 295.40

@fostert, that is a good question, and I don't know the answer to it. My guess as to testing is to run the game with low, med, and max textures and everything else (shadows, AA, motion blur, etc) turned off. This will give you a bandwidth-limited benchmark if anything will. Now go back to low textures and turn everything else on. This should be a core/shader-limited result. Compare.
    I am disturbed because I cannot break my system...found out there were others trying to cope! We have a support group on here, if your system will not break, please join!
    http://rog.asus.com/forum/group.php?groupid=16
    We now have 178 people whose systems will not break! Yippee!
    LINUX Users, we have a group!
    http://rog.asus.com/forum/group.php?groupid=23

ROG Member Array

We just want the option of GTX675MX! not 680, just ordinary brand new GTX675MX! Who wants, should buy either 670MX or 675MX! Please Asus! give us that!

Just consider how many users REGISTERED to this forum just to write here wishes about GTX675M!

Additionally, better sound system please.

And in the future 18.4' G series LOL
    Last edited by eldi_el; 10-14-2012 at 04:46 PM.

ROG Guru: Green Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by eldi_el View Post
    We just want the option of GTX675MX! not 680, just ordinary brand new GTX675MX!
    Considering that the release is just days away and inventory probably shipping to many countries already ... it is kind of late to wish that any postings on this forum is going to have any impact on what asus does with the G75VX.

It may have a 675 option but until asus releases the details ... we won't know for sure ... but there are some hits on other websites showing specs on G75VX none of them so far having a 675 ... so prospects are ... kind of unlikely ... time will tell ...

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array DeltaActual's Avatar

so what about the sound/sub-woofer in the new G75? Marshall??? Am i the only one who wants to know?

Quote Originally Posted by eldi_el View Post
    We just want the option of GTX675MX! not 680, just ordinary brand new GTX675MX! Who wants, should buy either 670MX or 675MX! Please Asus! give us that!

Just consider how many users REGISTERED to this forum just to write here wishes about GTX675M!

Additionally, better sound system please.

And in the future 18.4' G series LOL
    If they go back to standard MXM designs, then people will be able to upgrade, otherwise, that isn't likely.

Stick around, please, we love meeting new people and need them!

Better sound system would definitely be nice, my G53SX isn't all that great. Here's to hoping ASUS moves that awesome N55 sound system over to the G-series.

G86HX, anyone?? (Haswell+700M series)
    I am disturbed because I cannot break my system...found out there were others trying to cope! We have a support group on here, if your system will not break, please join!
    http://rog.asus.com/forum/group.php?groupid=16
    We now have 178 people whose systems will not break! Yippee!
    LINUX Users, we have a group!
    http://rog.asus.com/forum/group.php?groupid=23

New ROGer Array

disappointing 670m performance

The primary reason for my G75VW was because it was Asus's highest offering for GPUs. Had I known the performance was lacking this much compared to a 680M (my fault for not reading benchmarks) I would have decided otherwise.

Page 6 of 97 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 ... LastLast