Page 7 of 97 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 57 ... LastLast
    ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by infrage View Post
    The primary reason for my G75VW was because it was Asus's highest offering for GPUs. Had I known the performance was lacking this much compared to a 680M (my fault for not reading benchmarks) I would have decided otherwise.
    If the G75 with a GTX 670m is disappointing to you, then I think you shouldn't be looking at laptops my friend. I suggest building yourself a desktop; and if portability is something you also desire, then perhaps building a SFF PC is the way to go for you. That way you can at least transport it easily enough to LAN parties.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBarrier View Post
    If the G75 with a GTX 670m is disappointing to you, then I think you shouldn't be looking at laptops my friend. I suggest building yourself a desktop; and if portability is something you also desire, then perhaps building a SFF PC is the way to go for you. That way you can at least transport it easily enough to LAN parties.
    Is a 680m pointless then in a laptop? Hell no. Trying to achieve a steady fps 60+ at *only* 1080p max gfx no AA, the 670MX would have been the better choice and obviously the 680m. SFF isint the point, some of us just want beefy lappys to run games at a fluid rate.

ROG Guru: Green Belt Array

Had I known the (my fault for not reading benchmarks)
    Well thanks for being honest about that part ...

I am still getting blown away by how many people apparently spending way more than a thousand US dollars and do not understand what they have purchased and how it compares technically with other expensive options.

Is a 680m pointless then in a laptop? Hell no. Trying to achieve a steady fps 60+ at *only* 1080p max gfx no AA, the 670MX would have been the better choice and obviously the 680m. SFF isint the point, some of us just want beefy lappys to run games at a fluid rate.
    You know, I think it is a matter of each of us has different priorities. Some want battery life, some want extreme performance, some want low weight. We can't all get all of what we want, though I think that we should all lobby ASUS to use standard GPU parts so that everyone can upgrade as they see fit. That, and ASUS can pwn the custom notebook market...
    I am disturbed because I cannot break my system...found out there were others trying to cope! We have a support group on here, if your system will not break, please join!
    http://rog.asus.com/forum/group.php?groupid=16
    We now have 178 people whose systems will not break! Yippee!
    LINUX Users, we have a group!
    http://rog.asus.com/forum/group.php?groupid=23

ROG Guru: White Belt Array

a 7970m would have been the ideal choice but asus has to please the Nvidia gods even though they havent launched a good chip in a while

New ROGer Array

One think I hope the G75VX will have is color changing LED backlit keyboard like that of MSI and Alienware. I think it is time it becomes a feature that is standard.

ROG Guru: Green Belt Array fostert's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zygomorphic View Post
    Better sound system would definitely be nice, my G53SX isn't all that great. Here's to hoping ASUS moves that awesome N55 sound system over to the G-series.
    Actually that Bang & Olufsen sound system of ASUS' is not all that much better than the G74's speakers...when we bought our G74 I fell in love with it, put Linux on it, and began monopolizing it much to my wife's wagging finger (supposedly it was to be the family computer...hah!), so I bought her an N53SN with this ICEpower Bang & Olufsen sound system...was nice, but somewhat disappointed with it compared to my 74...expected some sort of breakthrough I guess, which it is not (distortion at higher levels, tinny, little depth of bass: no subwoofer). But it did get her off my case about hogging the G74!
    --
    G74SX-CST1-CBIL, i7 2630QM 2GHz
    32GB DDR3 RAM @1333MHz
    GTX560M 3GB DDR5 (192 bit)
    17.3" LED 1920x1080
    Sentelic TP, BIOS 203
    Debian Linux Wheezy (Testing) Kernel 3.2, NVIDIA 295.40

Quote Originally Posted by fostert View Post
    Actually that Bang & Olufsen sound system of ASUS' is not all that much better than the G74's speakers...when we bought our G74 I fell in love with it, put Linux on it, and began monopolizing it much to my wife's wagging finger (supposedly it was to be the family computer...hah!), so I bought her an N53SN with this ICEpower Bang & Olufsen sound system...was nice, but somewhat disappointed with it compared to my 74...expected some sort of breakthrough I guess, which it is not (distortion at higher levels, tinny, little depth of bass: no subwoofer). But it did get her off my case about hogging the G74!
    I know the N55 is supposed to be really good, I don't know about the N53. Still, good work at keeping the wife happy! Debian, you using? Which window manager?
    I am disturbed because I cannot break my system...found out there were others trying to cope! We have a support group on here, if your system will not break, please join!

ROG Guru: Green Belt Array

Well, exactly. As some of you want big laptops that are very expensive and don't compare to a similar desktop, some of us want a laptop that is cool, not very noisy and gives a decent performance level. Meet G75. At around 1000€ I can't beat that. Anything else is like twice the money and will make so much noise, I want to AX it sometime (me having a Clevo as well and it's also hot like crazy).

@c_man, I agree with you. I like my quiet ASUS...stealth fighter design and sounds. It is nice to be able to run VMs without boiling coffee behind the computer... lol

Some people have transportation/space requirements precluding a desktop. Otherwise, I would rather have (build) a desktop for a lot less and get something more powerful.

Page 7 of 97 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 57 ... LastLast