Page 97 of 97 FirstFirst ... 47 87 95 96 97

670MX is faster. Probably due to more optimized drivers or throttling on the part of the system with the 670MX. The number of CUDA cores is indicative of the performance within the same generation. Since newer generations are faster clock-for-clock, the 670MX will be the better card, especially considering the reduction in heat and power consumption.
    I am disturbed because I cannot break my system...found out there were others trying to cope! We have a support group on here, if your system will not break, please join!
    http://rog.asus.com/forum/group.php?groupid=16
    We now have 178 people whose systems will not break! Yippee!
    LINUX Users, we have a group!
    http://rog.asus.com/forum/group.php?groupid=23

New ROGer Array

I am trying to understand what you are saying , but the reviews show that 670M is also very close competetior to 670MX.
    Any clue where the difference is coming from.Please see this game frames rendering and Windows Index scores for 670M (WIN 7) and 670MX(WIN 8).I am not exactly sure why 670MX is pulling down the Windows Index Scores.One thing is different OS.But how about the game frames ? Will Operating System bring so much difference.

670M

Games and Frames , This won has good scores compared to 670MX for few of the games.
    If 670MX is good and latest , no clue why it does not provide good frame rate which 670M provides for few of the games.

http://www.notebookcheck.net/NVIDIA-...M.72197.0.html

670MX

Games and Frames

http://www.notebookcheck.net/NVIDIA-...X.82603.0.html

Windows Index Scores

670MX

finally uses an energy-efficient Kepler model as the graphics card. The GeForce GTX 670MX is a high-end GPU from Nvidia and is built in a modern 28 nm process (Fermi generation: 40 nm). 960 Unified Shaders and 3072 MB of GDDR5 VRAM are quite lush. However, the specifications cannot compete with Nvidia's premium model.

The GeForce GTX 680M encompasses 40% more arithmetic units (1344 CUDA cores) and a large 4096 MB video memory that is connected with 256 rather than 192 bits. The clock rates also differ. Instead of 720/1800 MHz (core/memory), the GTX 670MX is only clocked with 600 and 1400 MHz respectively. Even the old GTX 670M Fermi model ran with a slightly higher 620/1500 MHz. Can the G75VX nevertheless excel its precursor?

Windows 8 Experience Index 5.9 (Say even though you put an SSD , the windows index score still drops down to 7.2)
    ProcessorCalculations per second 7.8
    Memory (RAM)Memory operations per second 8.1
    GraphicsDesktop performance for Windows Aero 7.2
    Gaming graphics3D business and gaming graphics 7.2
    Primary hard diskDisk data transfer rate 5.9

670M

Windows 7 Experience Index 7.9
    ProcessorCalculations per second 7.6
    Memory (RAM)Memory operations per second 7.8
    GraphicsDesktop performance for Windows Aero 7.4
    Gaming graphics3D business and gaming graphics 7.4
    Primary hard diskDisk data transfer rate 7.9
    Last edited by H.A.W.X; 01-11-2013 at 01:29 AM.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

G75VX w/ 670mx is now available at Amazon, Hidevolution and in stock at Best Buy U.S.A.

Quote Originally Posted by colpolite View Post
    G75VX w/ 670mx is now available at Amazon, Hidevolution and in stock at Best Buy U.S.A.
    Yeah! Waiting for those systems to come in!
    I am disturbed because I cannot break my system...found out there were others trying to cope! We have a support group on here, if your system will not break, please join!
    http://rog.asus.com/forum/group.php?groupid=16
    We now have 178 people whose systems will not break! Yippee!
    LINUX Users, we have a group!
    http://rog.asus.com/forum/group.php?groupid=23

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Uglykiwi View Post
    Malaysia.

Is a replacement unit from asus

I sent in my asus g73 for repair this march and they broke my gpu ,so they replace this new asus g75vx to me (free upgrade)

the price in Malaysia is RM5999
    USD 1800, much cheaper than Australia unit 2999 aus /usd 3000 (RM9000)

my unit comes with a 1tb hdd 5400
    gtx670mx
    3630qm
    thunderbolt
    not sure if I have the 802.11ac ( how to I check it ?? please help me out)
    nice key board
    glossy screen
    nice touch pad
    8gm 1600 ram 2x4
    window 8 looks really awesome but is really freaking hard to use

Live reply here help me out
    Hi Uglykiwi,
    Your G75VX is a replacement from Asus Malaysia? It would be nice to hear a non horror story about them for a change. Which Asus Service Center was this from & how did you manage to get the replacement?

I purchased my G75VX with GTX 670MX from Best Buy on 02/17/2013. It was the only one to arrive in the store and I was lucky enough to pick it up at $1,249.99. I have since upgraded the memory to 16GB and installed an OCZ Agility 3 SSD. I was able to update the video driver to the latest NVIDIA driver, 314.07, by changing the NVAM file. There is a thread that discusses how to do it. I also cloned the Win 8 1TB factory drive to the OCZ SSD drive by following the thread on that topic. I used the free version of Macrium Reflect to clone. I think the hardest thing I have done so far is pull away from gaming on this laptop. I upgraded from my 2009 XPS M1730 with SLI 9800s.

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array Bundy_Drop_Bear's Avatar

I would love this laptop as a replacement for my G75VW, which is currently still at the repair center,has
    been 19 days since it left my local Harvey Norman and from what the sales guy said you guys usually return
    repair jobs with in 2 weeks.
    It's almost 3 weeks now, i know from the last time i sent it in that they were waiting for the replacement GPU which turned up
    2 hrs after i phoned to get more info about how much longer it was going to take, but this time you guys haven't even phone me or the store
    which called you asking for more info on what was happening.
    I'm presuming as that it's taking so long your again waiting for the part to arrive or waiting for the replacement laptop.

Mine's at the Melbourne Repair Center, I can supply a serial number if one of the Aussie admin could look into it for me.

New ROGer Array

Why not gtx 680mx

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

The 670mx is more cost effective and overclocks to te 689 base clocks just fine and is MUCH MUCH cheaper.

ROG Member Array NicholasLAranda's Avatar

How about getting the GTX 680MX to fit in this baby

I'll file down what ever I need to file down, I'll just what ever sized SSD's i need to used lol

I have the ASUS G75VX so my case is different size then you guy's have been posting
    Last edited by NicholasLAranda; 01-23-2014 at 07:16 AM.

Page 97 of 97 FirstFirst ... 47 87 95 96 97