Page 53 of 97 FirstFirst ... 3 43 51 52 53 54 55 63 ... LastLast
    ROG Member Array

Hi everyone,

I have two questions for my upcoming purchase of a G75VX:

First of all, I can't decide, whether to buy a model with a 3D display or a "normal" FHD display. Initially I thought I'll be fine with a "normal" FHD display, the price for this here in Germany is about 1800€. But since I don't buy a nearly 2000€ notebook every year, I wonder why I should not spend 200€ more and get the 3D ability.

My question, is it worth it to invest in an even better (3D) display? Or is the "normal" FHD display already perfectly adequate?
    (I have not yet had the chance to play on 3D and don't know if I will love it or not.)

Let me see what you think.

Second question relates to the 3D-display. Is it also a matte/anti-reflective display?

Thanks in advance and Best Regards,
    R-X

ps.: As far as I have seen we will only get 3 different G75VX models in Germany.
    1. No 3D, 1 HDD 750GB ~1600€
    2. No 3D, 1 HDD 1000GB, 1 SSD 256GB ~1800€
    3. 3D, 1 HDD 1000GB, 1 SSD 256GB ~2000€

Unfortunately all of them with only 8GB RAM.

EDIT: Some sites say 5.400RPM HDD and some sites 7.200RPM... what will it be?
    Last edited by R-X; 11-28-2012 at 01:44 PM. Reason: Suddenly it occurred to me... :D

ROG Enthusiast Array

The reponse is simple. If you want to play game and watch movies in 3D, buy the 3D display. If you don't need this, the 2d display is enough

ROG Guru: White Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by R-X View Post
    the 1 TB HDD is 5400 RPM, the 750GB is a 7200 RPM Hybrid drive.

ROG Member Array

Thank you two.

Are there any other advantages that come with the 3D display, besides from watching/playing in 3D?

R-X

ROG Member Array

Hi everyone,

I have two questions for my upcoming purchase of a G75VX:

First of all, I can't decide, whether to buy a model with a 3D display or a "normal" FHD display. Initially I thought I'll be fine with a "normal" FHD display, the price for this here in Germany is about 1800€. But since I don't buy a nearly 2000€ notebook every year, I wonder why I should not spend 200€ more and get the 3D ability.

My question, is it worth it to invest in an even better (3D) display? Or is the "normal" FHD display already perfectly adequate?
    (I have not yet had the chance to play on 3D and don't know if I will love it or not.)

Let me see what you think.

Second question relates to the 3D-display. Is it also a matte/anti-reflective display?

Thanks in advance and Best Regards,
    R-X

ps.: As far as I have seen we will only get 3 different G75VX models in Germany.
    1. No 3D, 1 HDD 750GB ~1600€
    2. No 3D, 1 HDD 1000GB, 1 SSD 256GB ~1800€
    3. 3D, 1 HDD 1000GB, 1 SSD 256GB ~2000€

Unfortunately all of them with only 8GB RAM.

Hi there!

Its my first post here so please excuse my insufficient english skills (im Austrian ;-) )!

I woulndt agree with Limbo`s post. It`s not just like the 120 Hz Display is made for 3D gaming only (of course it`s primarily made for it). I ordered my ASUS G75VX-CV012H (http://www.notebooksbilliger.de/note...2h+3d+notebook) even though i dont play games in 3D mode. I love to play on 120Hz displays because its much more "fluently" to play on. Besides this display is much more brighter and has better reviews compared to the other ones (better brightness, better illumination overall, etc...)

Just read the review of notebookcheck.com (which reviews are as objective as they can be - imho):
    http://www.notebookcheck.com/Test-As...k.72647.0.html - this page is in german! :-S

Therefore i chose the ASUS G75VX-CV012H... better and smoother gameplay, awesome brightness, great illumination. Of course €200,00.- is a big difference, but if i choose to buy a new _highend notebook_ i dont mind to pay about 10% more for a much better display. Otherwise i could decide to buy mediocre stuff.

Conclusion... its up to you... i had the same thoughts and i´ll go with the 3D panel :-)
    and yes, its anti-glare / matte.

Regarding the "only" 8Gig of RAM... as far as i know no one needs more than that except professional graphic designers or someone like that.

P.S.: i hope that the better versions of the G75VX are on stock pretty soon! Gogo ASUS!!

Yours,

Taebekk
    Last edited by Taebekk; 11-28-2012 at 03:11 PM.

ROG Guru: Blue Belt Array PILGRIM's Avatar

Are there any other advantages that come with the 3D display, besides from watching/playing in 3D?
    If your eyes are sensitive to glare like mine, then I suggest you go for the 3D-ready model.
    As far as I know, all more recent ASUS 17" laptops have the matte/anti-glare screens.
    I have the G74 3D model for more than a year now, and I could spend hours using it
    without any eye-discomforts. And this makes all the difference to me, in choosing
    between glare and matte type screens.
    ASUS G74SX-3DE

ROG Member Array

ishysa the

@ Taebekk

Now that's the kind of answer I was looking for. I can totally agree with your statement.
    "Luckily" I don't have to decide immediatly, because the "higher" models are not on sale yet. But you helped me in the differentiation.
    Thanks alot. Happy Gaming, when the time comes.

Plus your english is not insufficient at all, imho
    Also it's not our native language and therefore I think we do quite good. (I hope so )

@PILGRIM
    Ok, thanks. I was wondering, because I saw various details on some sites. For instance here (Displayeigenschaften: matt) and here (look for the word "glänzend" = glossy).
    Last edited by R-X; 11-28-2012 at 03:24 PM.

ROG Member Array

Hi again R-X!

Thanks for your kind words! I´m glad to be at help :-)

I wouldnt trust the information they (cyberport) are providing. First of all they mention the Intel Core i7-3610QM which shouldnt be built into the VX machine as far as i know (its the 3630QM). Second of all the GTX660M/GTX670M are listed.... which shouldnt be "true" again (GTX670MX). Of course i don´t know what ASUS ist going to deliver, but i can´t imagine that the same type of notebook (CV012H) differs that bad in one country.

edit: oh, ok... my bad... down at the description cyberport leads to the "old" G75 VW... pretty mixed up information there^^

Taebekk
    Last edited by Taebekk; 11-28-2012 at 03:46 PM.

ROG Member Array

Yes, i just saw it too. Not the best reference. But I saw that (glare display, not mixing up facts) on other sites too, like notebook.de.

I got myself some information about 3D Vision on the nVidia site. Didn't know I can't play all games in 3D, but the ones that are "made for it", or did I read that wrong? What about movies, do they have to be on a BD, or do I have to use a special player?
    And stupid question: Do all/most of all games support 120Hz in 2D-gaming?

So many questions...

Nevermind, i read the review you posted before,...the answers I was seeking were nearly at the bottom page. My fault..
    Last edited by R-X; 11-28-2012 at 04:32 PM.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Which are the best retaillers in the US to buy the VX when release?
    Last edited by MEX; 11-28-2012 at 05:43 PM.

Page 53 of 97 FirstFirst ... 3 43 51 52 53 54 55 63 ... LastLast