Page 8 of 97 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 58 ... LastLast
    ROG Member Array

Just the thing is.... with 675mx, this laptop can be as silent as with 670mx, yes? and additionally it will fit in 17.3'' screen laptop easily? I dont even count smaller ones since I dont see them suitable for gaming.

And additionally I dont care 680 at all since it will be hotter and the most critical thing for me NOISIER. so if everything will work fine with 675mx, so why not!

Again I repeat. Is it only me who is interested in 18.4'' gaming laptop? Especially for Asus? I dont wanna buy Alienware but it is the only option right now...

ROG Guru: Green Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by eldi_el View Post
    Again I repeat. Is it only me who is interested in 18.4'' gaming laptop? Especially for Asus?
    Why limit yourself to 18.4?

I want a 21 inch gaming laptop with a screen resolution of 2880 x 1800!

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

A wider memory-bus equals more memory chips, since each chip have a 32-bit wide bus. So the 675mx will have two more memory chips compared to the 670mx. I don't have any GDDR5 chips infront of me, but for simplicity lets say they're 1x1cm in size (shouldn't be to far from the truth), that means you need to find another 1x2cm space inside the laptop (where the GPU is mounted) to upgrade from the 670mx to the 675mx, even if all the other specs are exactly the same. I haven't inspected the inside of a G75 but worst case scenario is that you'll have to completely redesign the motherboard/inside of the chassis to make the required room. Laptops have a bad tendency to come fully packed. :P

Hehe. That would be a killer with a great panel in it.

17" is still movable. Above that, it's a desktop

Quote Originally Posted by Pandur View Post
    A wider memory-bus equals more memory chips, since each chip have a 32-bit wide bus. So the 675mx will have two more memory chips compared to the 670mx. I don't have any GDDR5 chips infront of me, but for simplicity lets say they're 1x1cm in size (shouldn't be to far from the truth), that means you need to find another 1x2cm space inside the laptop (where the GPU is mounted) to upgrade from the 670mx to the 675mx, even if all the other specs are exactly the same. I haven't inspected the inside of a G75 but worst case scenario is that you'll have to completely redesign the motherboard/inside of the chassis to make the required room. Laptops have a bad tendency to come fully packed. :P
    From what I have seen, one HDD bay and a screw might be the first problem. So keeping those, means a new design, even if minimal.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by john_from_ohio View Post
    Why limit yourself to 18.4?

I want a 21 inch gaming laptop with a screen resolution of 2880 x 1800!

18.4'' is already the limit IMO. We need a bit portability at least)))

17" is still movable. Above that, it's a desktop
    Include 18'' as well) Still movable. Especially with my special 18'' bag with wheels ))

HAHAHAHA! Do you have a bag like that? Sounds EPIC!

Quote Originally Posted by eldi_el View Post
    18.4'' is already the limit IMO. We need a bit portability at least)))
    Include 18'' as well) Still movable. Especially with my special 18'' bag with wheels ))
    You could just bolt casters to the base of your tower case and be on your way...
    I've seen 18.4" laptops in person, and they are huge.
    I am disturbed because I cannot break my system...found out there were others trying to cope! We have a support group on here, if your system will not break, please join!
    http://rog.asus.com/forum/group.php?groupid=16
    We now have 178 people whose systems will not break! Yippee!
    LINUX Users, we have a group!
    http://rog.asus.com/forum/group.php?groupid=23

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by c_man View Post
    From what I have seen, one HDD bay and a screw might be the first problem. So keeping those, means a new design, even if minimal.

Why do you have to have two full size HDD bay's? One HDD bay which suits a 1.5 TB 2,5" HDD with 15mm highs and one slim mSATA bay for a 256 MB SSD.

I guess you have enough space to fit the GTX 680m!

Just a sugestion for the G76 !

I have seen a draft specification of the G46 (from vietnam). If it's true, the whole equipment of the G55 is put into the G46.
    I feel a little funy discussing the adittional space requirent of 2 IC's 1x2 cm and maybe 3mm high!

Best wishes

@SHDZ, because I run multiple operating systems and VMs, so I use a ton of space. Also, I am a big stickler for standards, while mSata is a standard, it doesn't support as many things as a standard drive. I'd rather see two 9.5 mm 2.5" drive caddies than 1 15 mm 2.5" with mSata. Also, I'm cheap (read frugal) and 2.5" drives are cheaper than mSata's.
    I am disturbed because I cannot break my system...found out there were others trying to cope! We have a support group on here, if your system will not break, please join!
    http://rog.asus.com/forum/group.php?groupid=16
    We now have 178 people whose systems will not break! Yippee!
    LINUX Users, we have a group!
    http://rog.asus.com/forum/group.php?groupid=23

Page 8 of 97 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 58 ... LastLast