Page 18 of 97 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 68 ... LastLast
    ROG Guru: White Belt Array

Your choice really... I'm waiting on the GTX 670MX personally. But I'm intrigued at the "enhancements" that Marshall was hinting at earlier in this thread. I would advise you to wait at least until the full specs on the G75VX come out.

ROG Guru: Green Belt Array

At this point you should wait.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by c_man View Post
    At this point you should wait.
    I'll explain you all the real deal here, cause I'm a bit ashamed of myself.

I bought the G75VW from an asus point on ebay in july: sent my payment, had about 60 working days until shipment (cause was pre-ordering) and the 10 of october (end of the 60 days) i get a call from the seller telling me that if since they had me waiting so long I could have got the new version of the G75 if I was willing to wait until the firs days of november.

So that's the deal, I've already payed for something I really haven't seen yet. I also already bought a couple of games.

That's it that's why I'm so concerned with this laptop. 15 nov or 15 dec would make a great difference for me. Kinda like half a year for a notebook.

Quote Originally Posted by MarshallR@ASUS View Post
    All notebooks will get an upgrade as Microsoft will simply stop selling 7 in favor of 8 to OEMs like us. So likewise, if you really only want Windows 7, buy THIS month.
    This may be a total noob question, but couldn't we just install Windows 7 ourselves afterwards? Drivers might be an issue or we could just use the G75VW ones... I'd like to stick with 7 for but I'm not willing to settle for the GTX 670M.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by Adyghost View Post
    This may be a total noob question, but couldn't we just install Windows 7 ourselves afterwards? Drivers might be an issue or we could just use the G75VW ones... I'd like to stick with 7 for but I'm not willing to settle for the GTX 670M.
    I think that if MS stops selling Win7 they would just stop updating drivers for win7

That's why OEM drivers will be an issue... *sigh*. On a positive note, Xotic PC started receiving the new G75s, already picked a custom skin for it God knows when they'll be up on their site...
    Last edited by Adyghost; 10-29-2012 at 03:41 PM.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow_Black View Post
    I think that if MS stops selling Win7 they would just stop updating drivers for win7
    Look how long they kept supporting Windows XP... and Windows 8 is not nearly the mess Windows Vista was... There will be news about them no longer supporting Windows 7

Also, Windows 7/Windows 8 use similar subsystems... just Windows 8 is more streamlined (Much like Vista/Windows 7)

Windows 8 drivers are up, bring on the VX!

New ROGer Array

maybe i misunderstood something by reading in this topic.

is it true that asus has anounced their win8 setup on 26th? and is it true that there was no G75VX right?

so where are the information that there will be a further anouncement in the next weeks including a new G75VX and the release date?

I am looking for a gaming notebook since a few weeks .. and it would be very dissapointing if i buy an "outdated" G75VW and few days later the new one will be available.
    But it`s impossible for me to wait more than 3 weeks .. need this notebook for work also!

excuse my bad english I`ve given my best.

Thanks for you answers!

Well, even if they announce the VX this week it's still going to take a couple of weeks to build your system and have it shipped. And that is if any resellers will have the models up for sale as soon as the announcement is made. IMO if you can't wait another 2 weeks minimum I'd go for the VW.

Page 18 of 97 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 68 ... LastLast