cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Coming Soon: G75VX

X-ROG
Level 15
This is an early heads up prior to our official announcement. We've been under Nvidia NDA until the GTX 670MX launched last week, but now we're still under ASUS NDA (which I'm breaking.. but with good reason imo) so please understand I can't really answer more questions.

For those who are contemplating a G75VW now, please take this info to help your buying decision: whether you want to buy a G75 now because it suits your needs and you need one now, or, wait for the G75VX and it's slight upgrades. Official announcement is about a month away, but depending on how long the G75 took to get to your region after that was announced, use that as a guide as to when you'll see the VX.

All I can say now is that the G75VX will feature the GTX 670MX (Google the performance relative to GTX 670M and see if it matters to you) and maybe you want to see here for another idea of what to expect, but I will stress to ignore any illusion of pricing you see until it's all properly confirmed.

However believe it or not we've still managed to keep a couple of other supplementary hardware upgrades secret, and for that you'll have to wait til later (or I really will lose my job). 😄
973 REPLIES 973

john_from_ohio
Level 11
Let me guess ... thunderbolt actually installed this time ...

john_from_ohio wrote:
Let me guess ... thunderbolt actually installed this time ...

That was confirmed a while ago mate 😛

mrwolf
Level 10
Marshal, is there anyway us G75-VW owners can send in our current systems in for an upgrade to the gtx 670MX ?? Im willing to pay well 😉

Ah, this puts me in a predicament... I had my G71 insured for accidents and it broke to a point of replacement (still functioning in a limited fashion right now). I was ready to put in an order today for the Newegg version of the G75 (G75VW-NS71). I'm not asking for solid prices but is it going to be significantly higher than the $1400 price mark Newegg has? I'll accept predictions because I'm sure most of you know more than I would.

GrecoISU wrote:
I'll accept predictions because I'm sure most of you know more than I would.

If Marshall is hinting on this right now ... has to be right around the corner.

Windows 8 is also releasing "soon" ... guessing that a refresh of both the machines and operating system installed is out real soon ...

Nobody in the laptop manufacturing sector is able to increase prices ... well except apple maybe ...

I have cheked the performance of the gtx 670mx. Its about 17% faster. I want the gtx 680m inside the g75 and g55 !!!!!!!

mrwolf wrote:
Marshal, is there anyway us G75-VW owners can send in our current systems in for an upgrade to the gtx 670MX ?? Im willing to pay well 😉

Unfortunately not sorry. As you know the next best thing is always around the corner. Such is the ever progression technology.

Yes the machines will be shipped with Win 8. As will the 14" due and G55s. All notebooks will get an upgrade as Microsoft will simply stop selling 7 in favor of 8 to OEMs like us. So likewise, if you really only want Windows 7, buy THIS month.

We've covered the GTX 680M extensively in other threads. It is about twice the TDP and several times the price. The entire G75 chassis would need to be redesigned into a much thicker and more expensive desktop replacement. It's an absolute physical impossibility to have a GTX 680 in a G55 chassis without melting the desk underneath it.

GrecoISU - I simply don't know sorry. I have no access to our sales channel, only the launch and promotional plans. Until it's officially announced I cannot even ask sorry.

MarshallR@ASUS wrote:

We've covered the GTX 680M extensively in other threads. It is about twice the TDP and several times the price. The entire G75 chassis would need to be redesigned into a much thicker and more expensive desktop replacement. It's an absolute physical impossibility to have a GTX 680 in a G55 chassis without melting the desk underneath it.

GrecoISU - I simply don't know sorry. I have no access to our sales channel, only the launch and promotional plans. Until it's officially announced I cannot even ask sorry.

Do your company an extremely good favour: Also include the GTX 675MX.

It have the same amount of cores and they are clocked the same. You either get 1GB less GDDR5 or 1GB extra. But the only difference between 670MX and 675MX is the memory bus. 192bit for 670MX and 256bit for 675MX. Same TDP.
That makes a ton of difference. (Click here)

The two GPUs use the same power, they are equally hot so no need for change of design. The price difference between the two are $100. Not enough to scare people away. And you get a huge performance gain since Nvidia have crippled the 670MX a bit with the 192bit bus. And Asus don`t have to overclock the base specifications of the memory like you have done with 560M/660M (which usually leads to a little bit more heat).

Like you said you have discussed the 680M with a lot of people which means there are big interests in a hardcore GPU.

Trust me on this, I`m an active user in a lot of forums, especially notebook forums. I know you get a lot more customers with a small $100 risk. Even the 670M users, G75, will be interested in it. Meaning they might switch out the notebooks for a new one. You haven`t officially announced the new model(s) yet so there is time to change plans.

Time for Asus to do the right thing. Its time to step up the game a bit.

Signed,
Cloudfire 😉

"Originally Posted by MarshallR@ASUS"
"We've covered the GTX 680M extensively in other threads. It is about twice the TDP and several times the price. The entire G75 chassis would need to be redesigned into a much thicker and more expensive desktop replacement. It's an absolute physical impossibility to have a GTX 680 in a G55 chassis without melting the desk underneath it."

Ok I can understand that, but why do you consider the GTX 670MX, you should at least offer the option to get the G75VX or G55VX (I hope you are working on that as well) with the faster GTX 675MX.

Compared to the GTX 660M of the present G55VW the GTX 675MX would have about 50% better performance which would be quite an improvement.

In case you offer a G55VX with the GTX 675MX, I will buy it.

And I guess I’m not the only one.

Best regards