Page 2 of 97 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast
    ROG Guru: Green Belt Array

The GTX 670MX destroys the GTX 670m. 960 shaders and can overclock to match a GTX 680m at stock clocks pretty easy. Great bang for the buck gpu.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by MarshallR@ASUS View Post
    This is an early heads up prior to our official announcement.
    Hi Marshall!

I wanted to say thanks for the heads up, I really appreciate it. I have been in the "should I buy now and what should I buy" spot for a couple of weeks. I do want the kepler architecture. I also really like the Asus G platform. Sticking with the kepler, the performance jump from 660m to 680m seemed huge, and was leaning me towards other notebooks with the 680m. I still may not be able to wait to purchase a machine, but, at least now I know if I DO wait, I can get an Asus G with the 670MX, a kepler chip much faster than the 660m. It is nice to know Asus does plan to make this change, as the other option was to wait for a G76 modified to take a 680M, and, I knew THAT I couldn't wait for.

Thanks again!

@MarshallR, please leak so that one of us can have your job... I nominate @xero for it...
    I am disturbed because I cannot break my system...found out there were others trying to cope! We have a support group on here, if your system will not break, please join!
    http://rog.asus.com/forum/group.php?groupid=16
    We now have 178 people whose systems will not break! Yippee!
    LINUX Users, we have a group!
    http://rog.asus.com/forum/group.php?groupid=23

ROG Member Array

304,000 ngsoldso

We've covered the GTX 680M extensively in other threads. It is about twice the TDP and several times the price. The entire G75 chassis would need to be redesigned into a much thicker and more expensive desktop replacement. It's an absolute physical impossibility to have a GTX 680 in a G55 chassis without melting the desk underneath it.

GrecoISU - I simply don't know sorry. I have no access to our sales channel, only the launch and promotional plans. Until it's officially announced I cannot even ask sorry.
    Do your company an extremely good favour: Also include the GTX 675MX.

It have the same amount of cores and they are clocked the same. You either get 1GB less GDDR5 or 1GB extra. But the only difference between 670MX and 675MX is the memory bus. 192bit for 670MX and 256bit for 675MX. Same TDP.
    That makes a ton of difference. (Click here)

The two GPUs use the same power, they are equally hot so no need for change of design. The price difference between the two are $100. Not enough to scare people away. And you get a huge performance gain since Nvidia have crippled the 670MX a bit with the 192bit bus. And Asus don`t have to overclock the base specifications of the memory like you have done with 560M/660M (which usually leads to a little bit more heat).

Like you said you have discussed the 680M with a lot of people which means there are big interests in a hardcore GPU.

Trust me on this, I`m an active user in a lot of forums, especially notebook forums. I know you get a lot more customers with a small $100 risk. Even the 670M users, G75, will be interested in it. Meaning they might switch out the notebooks for a new one. You haven`t officially announced the new model(s) yet so there is time to change plans.

Time for Asus to do the right thing. Its time to step up the game a bit.

Signed,
    Cloudfire
    Last edited by Cloudfire; 10-09-2012 at 02:30 AM.

ROG Enthusiast Array

I agree completely to Cloudfire!!

"Originally Posted by MarshallR@ASUS"
    "We've covered the GTX 680M extensively in other threads. It is about twice the TDP and several times the price. The entire G75 chassis would need to be redesigned into a much thicker and more expensive desktop replacement. It's an absolute physical impossibility to have a GTX 680 in a G55 chassis without melting the desk underneath it."

Ok I can understand that, but why do you consider the GTX 670MX, you should at least offer the option to get the G75VX or G55VX (I hope you are working on that as well) with the faster GTX 675MX.

Compared to the GTX 660M of the present G55VW the GTX 675MX would have about 50% better performance which would be quite an improvement.

In case you offer a G55VX with the GTX 675MX, I will buy it.

And I guess I’m not the only one.

Best regards

Helium Chilled Array _ PC Specs
    _ PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)G46VW
    MotherboardRampage IV Gene
    ProcessorIntel Core i7-3930K
    Memory (part number)Corsair Dominator Platinum 32GB (CMD32GX3M4A2133C9)
    Graphics Card #1ROG Matrix GTX 780 Ti
    Sound CardROG SupremeFX III
    MonitorASUS VG248QE with GSync mod
    Storage #1Plextor PX-M2 SSD 120GB
    Storage #2G.Skill Phoenix Blade 480GB PCIe SSD
    CPU CoolerCooler Master Seidon 240M
    CaseCooler Master HAF-X
    Power SupplySeasonic X-750
    Keyboard Corsair K90
    Mouse ROG Gladius
    Headset ROG Orion
    OS Windows 8.1 Update 1
    Network RouterASUS RT-AC66U

We are not working on a G55VX sorry, the GPU design would simply not fit in the G55 chassis, even if it could make the power/thermal requirements.

AntiMatter Guru ROG Array chrsplmr's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zygomorphic View Post
    @MarshallR, please leak so that one of us can have your job... I nominate @xero for it...
    hahhahhahah .. Zy, Zy, Zy ... get another coffee bro.

...without melting the desk underneath it.
    Now THAT would be a Gamer ... realROGs would finish the level ... I can see it now....
    with a gleaming grin.c.
    Last edited by chrsplmr; 10-09-2012 at 12:09 PM.

ROG Member Array

We are not working on a G55VX sorry, the GPU design would simply not fit in the G55 chassis, even if it could make the power/thermal requirements.
    But you better step up your game and include 675MX with the G75VX.
    There is absolutely no reason to NOT include it. With Kepler, Nvidia brought the GPUs down to a reasonable heat/performance ratio, hence why you see very slim notebooks with GT650M, the power that was usually for big bulky 15" or 17" with the hot Fermi architecture.

I know the market, I know the demands. I know the hardware. I`ve talked to the customers. 670MX will be a kinda "Meh" improvement over the 670M, 675MX will be big news. Not only will you have a +35-40% over the 670M, it will be cooler, you will have a 256bit memory bus to accomodate overclocking, the 192bit bus in the 670MX will bottleneck most of that process.
    And to top it off, Asus will step up to the high high end GPUs.

If you don`t bring this huge opportunity to your HQ, you and Asus is wasting what could profit your company greatly in my opinion.
    Last edited by Cloudfire; 10-09-2012 at 02:28 PM.

ROG Enthusiast Array

I can't belive it!

Dear MarshallR,

in this case there must have been a so called "Freudscher Versprecher" how we say in Germany, a "Freudian slip" in your threat "G55VW Gaming Performance in Nvidia 3D Vision & Full HD". There you mentioned the G55VX already.

Whatever in case Asus will not implement a GPU which can meet the wishes of the customers, which is at least close to the state of the art, Asus will lose potential clients.

“ROG” - Republic of Gamers, should not be an empty name. It is as well a duty to provide the possible at least as an option for a higher price.

Of cause that’s just my opinion.

Best wishes

Quote Originally Posted by SHDZ View Post
    Dear MarshallR,

in this case there must have been a so called "Freudscher Versprecher" how we say in Germany, a "Freudian slip" in your threat "G55VW Gaming Performance in Nvidia 3D Vision & Full HD". There you mentioned the G55VX already.

Whatever in case Asus will not implement a GPU which can meet the wishes of the customers, which is at least close to the state of the art, Asus will lose potential clients.

“ROG” - Republic of Gamers, should not be an empty name. It is as well a duty to provide the possible at least as an option for a higher price.

Of cause that’s just my opinion.

Best wishes

It has worked fine for them so far.

ASUS now has all potential markets covered :

Ultra small form factor with the 14in G series

15.6in G 55 Series

17.3 in G75 series

ASUS wants to keep their units portable which is why they're using the 660,670,670MX. The 675MX would require the larger PSU (200 watt + ) and removes the portability from the picture.

We also sell Alienware and Clevo that have the 680m and I wouldn't consider either unit as portable. (300watt PSU, about double the physical size of the G series PSU) At that point it makes little sense to deal with a laptop and you're better off with a desktop

If I get some time i'll snap some photos of the PSU just to give everyone some perspective.

Page 2 of 97 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast