Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

yes, the sound on the formula is better.

SUPREMEFX III
    The SupremeFX III onboard audio solution is an 8-channel HD audio equipped with a carefully selected 1500uF capacitor which provides clean, ripple-free audio power and – perfect for enveloping gaming environments. With a metallic EMI cover and special layout design on the PCB, advanced SupremeFX Shielding technology isolates analog audio signals from digital sources for exceptional clarity and high fidelity, while a gold-plated jack ensures rich notes reach your ears with minimal distortion. A bounty of industry standards are supported, including EAX 5.0 Advanced HD, Creative ALchemy and THX TruStudio PRO, so the same great audio experiences found in live performances, films and recording studios are reproduced faithfully right on the PC. When bundled with the Sound Blaster X-Fi MB2 suite, the SupremeFX III is the perfect choice to provide an exceptional gaming experience with realistic sound effects.
    the extreme lacks this feature.

SupremeFX III built-in 8-Channel High Definition Audio CODEC
    - Output Signal-to-Noise Ratio (A-Weighted): 110 dB
    - Output THD+N at 1kHz: 95 dB
    - Supports : Jack-detection, Multi-streaming, Front Panel Jack-retasking
    Audio Feature :
    - SupremeFX Shielding™ Technology
    - 1500 uF Audio Power Capacitor
    - Gold-plated jacks
    - X-Fi® Xtreme Fidelity™
    - EAX® Advanced™ HD 5.0
    - THX® TruStudio PRO™
    - Creative ALchemy
    - Blu-ray audio layer Content Protection
    - Optical S/PDIF out port(s) at back panel

that is the feature on the rampage. The maximus V formula has supremeFX IV, the rampage has SupremeFX III

hes geting the rampage 4 formula, not the maximus 5 formula.

i know, and the supremefx 3 is for the rampage iv formula. I use this board myself.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array Profeus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Xaanix View Post
    yes, the sound on the formula is better. the extreme lacks this feature.
    This is the only reason I didn't get the RIVE as it lacks this feature, as a gamer the RIVF was much better for me as I want the high quality sound that the RIVE doesn't offer... If only the RIVF had the memory lanes that the RIVE had then I would be set!

Would a closed-loop water cooler perform better than the noctua NH-d14 fan? If so, which brand of closed-loop water cooler is good?

ROG Guru: Grand Master Array

Quote Originally Posted by 339683032 View Post
    Would a closed-loop water cooler perform better than the noctua NH-d14 fan? If so, which brand of closed-loop water cooler is good?
    Yes. That would be the Corsair H100.

ROG Guru: Grand Master Array HiVizMan's Avatar

Just as there are a number of different performing air coolers, there are a number of different performing closed loop systems.

The top end kit is over $110, and I am not sure it is worth the money. Purely from a $ to MHz overclock point of view. And yeah I own a H100 and I have quite a few air coolers.

Downside of the closed loop systems is no air flow over the VRM's due to the fans of the cooler being located elsewhere.
    To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

ROG Guru: Diamond Belt Array Zka17's Avatar

Well, I feel this Noctua NH-D14 vs Corsair H100 comparison needs some clarification...

Let's start with the fact that using on an open platform/bench, the Noctua will be equal, sometimes even better performer (there is some difference due to mounting efficiency) that the H100... With other words, the H100 can not beat the NH-D14...

However, when you building them in a closed case where the airflow is much reduced, then the efficiency will depend on the airflow... if you setup the H100 on the top of the case as exhaust and compared to the NH-D14 with decent flow through it's fins - pretty much you will get the same cooling performance... The H100 has one advantage over the NH-D14 though... - it can be setup as intake! As such, it will beat the NH-D14... unless you do serious modding and allow the NH-D14 to get air directly from outside the case...

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast