Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Razorbak86 View Post
    They are both top-10 heatsinks. FrostyTech has detailed reviews of each.

http://www.frostytech.com/top5heatsinks.cfm
    Thanks. Is there a website that have a comparison between NZXT's phantom 820 and CoolerMaster's HAF-X NVIDIA Edition?

ROG Guru: Grand Master Array

I don't think so since the NZXT Phantom 820 is fairly new. But you should be able to find a few reviews on it.

What do you want to know about the HAF-X?

Quote Originally Posted by Chino View Post
    I don't think so since the NZXT Phantom 820 is fairly new. But you should be able to find a few reviews on it.

What do you want to know about the HAF-X?
    Basically it's cooling capabilities, ease of installation, its weaknesses, and how it compares against other cases.

I won't go into specifics since you can easily google that online. Let's start from the beginning. The installation is fairly easy. You might have to take a moment to separate the screws because they don't come separated at all. Everything is practically tool-less, so that's a pro. The only grudge I have with it's design is the CPU cutout. It's big but not wide enough. I've used 2 different boards in that case. Same problem. So you have to install the CPU back bracket from your heatsink before putting the MB into the case and screwing it down. And if you decide to change the heatsink further down the road, you WILL have to take everything out.

The HAF-X is marketed as having high airflow. And that is a true fact. All the front mesh have tiny holes and even though they have air filters, the insides can get very dusty lol. When it comes to cleaning, I have to use a whole can of compressed air to clean it thoroughly. The HAF-X is very good at cooling your VGA cards especially if you have more than one. You have a side 200mm fan and a front 120mm fan blowing air straight into them.
    Last edited by Chino; 11-01-2012 at 07:33 PM.

I won't go into specifics since you can easily google that online. Let's start from the beginning. The installation is fairly easy. You might have to take a moment to separate the screws because they don't come separated at all. Everything is practically tool-less, so that's a pro. The only grudge I have with it's design is the CPU cutout. It's big but not wide enough. I've used 2 different boards in that case. Same problem. So you have to install the CPU back bracket from your heatsink before putting the MB into the case and screwing it down. And if you decide to change the heatsink further down the road, you WILL have to take everything out.

The HAF-X is marketed as having high airflow. And that is a true fact. All the front mesh have tiny holes and even though they have air filters, the insides can get very dusty lol. When it comes to cleaning, I have to use a whole can of compressed air to clean it thoroughly. The HAF-X is very good at cooling your VGA cards especially if you have more than one. You have a side 200mm fan and a front 120mm fan blowing air straight into them.
    Thanks for all the help. I'm still having trouble deciding between the Phantom 820 and the HAF-X, though. Is the customer service of CoolerMaster better than NZXT's?

The inside of the Phantom 820 is almost the same as a Switch 810. Dues a Switch 810 have good airflow?

same cases, just the "blings" added on it, and the fan controller.
    like you heard on the vid i posted.

Could the top of the HAF-X fit a 240mm radiator with dual 120mm fans such as the corsair H100?
    http://www.corsair.com/cpu-cooling-k...pu-cooler.html

Also, which of these brands have the best SSDs on the market?
    OCZ, Crucial, Corsair, Intel

I've read reviews online about SSDs dying after around a month and I don't want this to happen since I'm going to install two OS's (Windows 7 Ultimate and Apple's Mountain Lion OS X running on VirtualBox) on the SSD.
    And would a 256GB SSD be enough for the two OS's plus VirtualBox and the VirtualBox Extension Pack?
    Last edited by 339683032; 11-06-2012 at 03:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 339683032 View Post
    Could the top of the HAF-X fit a 240mm radiator with dual 120mm fans such as the corsair H100?
    http://www.corsair.com/cpu-cooling-k...pu-cooler.html

Also, which of these brands have the best SSDs on the market?
    OCZ, Crucial, Corsair, Intel

I've read reviews online about SSDs dying after around a month and I don't want this to happen since I'm going to install two OS's (Windows 7 Ultimate and Apple's Mountain Lion OS X running on VirtualBox) on the SSD.
    And would a 256GB SSD be enough for the two OS's plus VirtualBox and the VirtualBox Extension Pack?
    Yes, the H100 will fit in the HAF X with no problems. In fact that case is so damn big, you can even go for a push & pull configuration.

I think it's perfectly normal that once in a while, one or two of a batch dies on you. No such thing as Total Quality Management. When it comes to SSD, I've read good things about the ones from Intel & Samsung. They are regarded as reliable manufacturers. I have no experience with Apple's OS or VirtualBox. But just to give you an estimate, a typical Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bits install can use up to 20GB depending on your drivers. If you're thinking about having 2 OS, why not buy 2 120GB drives? That way you won't have to use VirtualBox.

Yes, the H100 will fit in the HAF X with no problems. In fact that case is so damn big, you can even go for a push & pull configuration.

I think it's perfectly normal that once in a while, one or two of a batch dies on you. No such thing as Total Quality Management. When it comes to SSD, I've read good things about the ones from Intel & Samsung. They are regarded as reliable manufacturers. I have no experience with Apple's OS or VirtualBox. But just to give you an estimate, a typical Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bits install can use up to 20GB depending on your drivers. If you're thinking about having 2 OS, why not buy 2 120GB drives? That way you won't have to use VirtualBox.
    I know that the HAF-X can support dual top 200mm fans, but the H100 use two 120mm fans side-by-side. CoolerMaster's website states that the case could support two 200mm fans, but on the pictures, I saw that the fans are spaced apart. Would the case have to be modded, or could the H100 go on the radiater "racks" under the included 200mm fan? Could the included fan be taken off?
    As for the SSD, I still would like to use VirtualBox because I'm just too lazy to turn the machine into a Hackintosh. VirtualBox is easier and I only use Mac OS X when I have to use Apple's programs and stuff.
    Last edited by 339683032; 11-06-2012 at 05:15 AM.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 LastLast