Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 107
  1. #81
    ROG Enthusiast Array 339683032's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    45

    Quote Originally Posted by Zka17 View Post
    Well, I feel this Noctua NH-D14 vs Corsair H100 comparison needs some clarification...

    Let's start with the fact that using on an open platform/bench, the Noctua will be equal, sometimes even better performer (there is some difference due to mounting efficiency) that the H100... With other words, the H100 can not beat the NH-D14...

    However, when you building them in a closed case where the airflow is much reduced, then the efficiency will depend on the airflow... if you setup the H100 on the top of the case as exhaust and compared to the NH-D14 with decent flow through it's fins - pretty much you will get the same cooling performance... The H100 has one advantage over the NH-D14 though... - it can be setup as intake! As such, it will beat the NH-D14... unless you do serious modding and allow the NH-D14 to get air directly from outside the case...
    If the h100 is set up as an intake, would this affect the Airflow inside the case?

  2. #82
    iron man Array kkn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Reputation
    243
    Posts
    6,112

    as mutch intake you have, you have to have out take's too.
    for example, four fans inn and four fans out.
    not 6 fans inn and 2 fans out.

  3. #83
    ROG Guru: Diamond Belt Array Zka17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Reputation
    183
    Posts
    8,327

    Actually a lot of people (who tried both ways) found that the H100 as intake works better even if it's on the top of the case... beside the benefit of the fresh/cool air from outside, it is also good for cooling the VRMs and the memory sticks too... - that, if you have adequate exhaust, as kkn was mentioning above...

    In what case are you thinking?

  4. #84
    ROG Enthusiast Array 339683032's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    45

    Quote Originally Posted by Zka17 View Post
    Actually a lot of people (who tried both ways) found that the H100 as intake works better even if it's on the top of the case... beside the benefit of the fresh/cool air from outside, it is also good for cooling the VRMs and the memory sticks too... - that, if you have adequate exhaust, as kkn was mentioning above...

    In what case are you thinking?
    The case would either be a NZXT Phantom 820(http://www.nzxt.com/new/products/cra...es/phantom_820) or a CoolerMaster HAF-X([url]http://www.coolermaster-usa.com/product.php?product_id=2988&product_name=HAF%20X)/Haf-X NVIDIA(http://www.coolermaster-usa.com/prod...idia%20Edition)

    Also, is there a difference between the HAF-X and the HAF-X NVIDIA?

  5. #85
    ROG Guru: Grand Master Array
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Reputation
    339
    Posts
    15,255

    Just the color lol

  6. #86
    iron man Array kkn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Reputation
    243
    Posts
    6,112

    do you want an expensive case or a cheep one or a good one??
    the 820 stil have a few bugs in it since it just got released.
    i recommend the 810 switch before the 820 phantom.
    they are close to the same just that the 820 have a "fan controller" ( dono how powerfull it is, can only be for the case fans it self ( 3 fans ) ) and led light.
    not worth the monney to be honest.
    i have no experience on the half-x so i can not say enny thing on that.

  7. #87
    ROG Enthusiast Array 339683032's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    45

    Quote Originally Posted by kkn View Post
    do you want an expensive case or a cheep one or a good one??
    the 820 stil have a few bugs in it since it just got released.
    i recommend the 810 switch before the 820 phantom.
    they are close to the same just that the 820 have a "fan controller" ( dono how powerfull it is, can only be for the case fans it self ( 3 fans ) ) and led light.
    not worth the monney to be honest.
    i have no experience on the half-x so i can not say enny thing on that.
    I want a good case with enough room for air & water cooling, cable management options, and good airflow.

  8. #88
    iron man Array kkn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Reputation
    243
    Posts
    6,112

    Quote Originally Posted by 339683032 View Post
    I want a good case with enough room for air & water cooling, cable management options, and good airflow.
    the 820 is just a lill difrent from the 810 switch , and the phantoms.
    as you have in this video.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=katj8M6eHCk

  9. #89
    ROG Enthusiast Array 339683032's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    45

    Quote Originally Posted by kkn View Post
    the 820 is just a lill difrent from the 810 switch , and the phantoms.
    as you have in this video.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=katj8M6eHCk
    Well mainly I want a comparison between the Phantom 820 and the HAF-X/HAF-X NVIDIA and the performance difference between the Noctua NH-D14 and Corsair H100

  10. #90
    ROG Enthusiast Array Razorbak86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    58

    Quote Originally Posted by 339683032 View Post
    the performance difference between the Noctua NH-D14 and Corsair H100
    They are both top-10 heatsinks. FrostyTech has detailed reviews of each.

    http://www.frostytech.com/top5heatsinks.cfm

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •