cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

phoebus and spdif out

dymelos
Level 7
so im having a problem getting the spdif to work correctly. the xonar panel will recognize that its plugged in but 0 output will come out. i have 2 of the cards at the moment thinking the first one was defective. what am i doing wrong, i followed the instructions for installation, used the original drivers and the updated ones as well. i have the rampage extreme iv and the spdif works great off the motherboard no problem. im actually listening to music from it right now as i type this. please i want this card to work for me before i return both of them. any help would be greatly appreciated.

my specs
i7 3930k
rampage extreme iv
16gb corsair dominator gt 2000 mhz
2x 7970 asus radeon direct cu 2
asus xonar phoebus
corsiar hx 1050 psu
2x corsair force gt 180gb ssds
1tb western digital black hdd

(can you tell i like asus and corsair?)
7 REPLIES 7

KILLER_K
Level 10
Have you disabled your onboard sound in the bios and uninstalled the drivers. That is what I did to mine and it worked fine then., Thanks

yea i did, the only driver installed is the phoebus and it still isnt working. even under playback devices it only shows the phoebus. i really hope to get this fixed otherwise i hate to have to return them. i was looking forward to using it with my games. back to my onboard for now.

Raja
Level 13
It sounds like you've got some kind of driver conflict going on. If you have a spare HDD try a fresh install of the OS on it and see if the card works. If it does not, try another PCIe slot (after removing the drivers first).

-Raja

Raja@ASUS wrote:
It sounds like you've got some kind of driver conflict going on. If you have a spare HDD try a fresh install of the OS on it and see if the card works. If it does not, try another PCIe slot (after removing the drivers first).

-Raja

Didn't you say not too long ago that the SPDIF on the Phoebus was more like an after-thought and that it was best to use the analogue ports for sound?...or use a different Xonar Card for full SPDIF support?

Myk SilentShadow wrote:
Didn't you say not too long ago that the SPDIF on the Phoebus was more like an after-thought and that it was best to use the analogue ports for sound?...or use a different Xonar Card for full SPDIF support?

I don't see how that is relevant to the fact it is not working at all for this guy. It should at least "work" and his situation hints at some kind of OS conflict. He's best off solving that.

well I just did a fresh install of windows and I still don't have spdif working at all. it is the only thing installed at the moment and still nothing. the phoebus software has the spdif check marked to work, the computer shows its playing audio through it but I am not getting any actual audio out of my speakers. I am at a complete loss as to why its so hard to get this working when everything I else I buy asus just works for me. any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Raja
Level 13
Are you sure the connector is seated properly in the optical output port on the card? That would be my first check. It sounds like a connection issue.

What receiver is the digital output connected to ?

Have you tried changing the bit and sampling rates?