cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restore Image

Taco991
Level 7
I was trying arch Linux and accidentally forgot to make an image of the stock windows image... Does anyone have the backup of the system out-of-the-box? I have my COA on the bottom so I don't need a key, any help would be greatly appreciated!
11 REPLIES 11

rewben
Level 13
i think the fastest way to get the recovery media is to find a friend who has the same machine and create the recovery dvds from that machine. or, maybe you can go back to the shop where you bought it and get the recovery media from them. another option is to get it from asus service center or the online shop.

my suggestion is to just forget it, download the windows iso and do a fresh install. use the key at the back of your machine for activation, and download the drivers from asus website. by doing that, you can have a clean system.

for recovery purposes, you can use windows backup and restore.

rewben wrote:
my suggestion is to just forget it, download the windows iso and do a fresh install. use the key at the back of your machine for activation, and download the drivers from asus website. by doing that, you can have a clean system.

This is the best way, you can decide what junk to clutter your system with yourself, and downloading the ISO from Microsoft is legal. You can use the OEM code on the sticker on the bottom of your computer, so that is not a problem.
I am disturbed because I cannot break my system...found out there were others trying to cope! We have a support group on here, if your system will not break, please join!
http://rog.asus.com/forum/group.php?groupid=16
We now have 178 people whose systems will not break! Yippee! 🙂
LINUX Users, we have a group!
http://rog.asus.com/forum/group.php?groupid=23

Si if I have a home premium oem disc I can use the key on the bottom? And how will the upgrade to windows 8 work?

Cecil_2099
Level 11
Don't bother getting the recovery DVD direct from ASUS. Two users have already reported that it doesn't work despite my trying to help figure out what might cause it to not work. Best bet is to do what rewben suggests.
G75VW-BBK5 (Stock configuration with added Crucial M4 256GB SATA SSD as OS boot drive)

Need to know how to restore your G75 to it's factory-like condition? Go to my step-by-step guide:
Step-by-Step: Using ASUS Recovery DVDs to Restore G75

Want to download the latest drivers and utilities for your G75/G55? Go to this thread:
Downloading New Drivers/Utilities for G75/G55

rewben
Level 13
@Cecil_2099, wow thanks for the heads up!

Taco991
Level 7
And can I have a link to the iso download?

rewben
Level 13
try this one.

got it thanks!

got it thanks!