cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G75VW (new) Bluetoothe drivers will not load

gjcooper
Level 7
Hi there,
I the proud owner of a G75VW (for almost a whole week). I cannot get the bluetooth driver to load. I have re-downloaded them (both types) from ASUS and neither load completely. I just end up with 5 or six devices sitting there without drivers.
..and yes - I uninstalled one set before attempting the others etc. I've been assembling machines since the 8086/8087 days.
Has anyone had a similiar problem, and more importantly, has anyone got a solution please?
Graeme
7 REPLIES 7

kkn
Level 14
try and post in the notebook tread 🙂
you will get faster help there 🙂

c_man
Level 11
Never had this and I did a few installs so far on different G75s.

dstrakele
Level 14
What model# G75VW-xxxx do you own?

Do you have an Intel or Atheros WiFi card?
G74SX-A1 - stock hardware - BIOS 202 - 2nd Monitor VISIO VF551XVT

Model - g75vw-bbk5
Windows 7 Professional (pre-installed at purchase)
Atheros wireless card
The drivers for the card appear to work. The errors occur when I connect my phone to the machine
I get one com port installed, and eight other sub devices on the bluetooth adapter at code 28 (driver not found)
I have uninstalled/re-installed the atheros software
I have removed and reconnected the phone several times. Each time it asks to search for drivers and fails to find them at microsoft update.
The computer can see the phone, but the phone cannot see the computer.
I have searched microsoft and cannot see a resolution there for Win7 - although there does seem to be a few for Vista.
NOTE: although I am quite familiar with token ring, ethernet and wireless networking, this is my first experience with bluetooth adapters.

gjcooper wrote:
The errors occur when I connect my phone to the machine
I get one com port installed, and eight other sub devices on the bluetooth adapter at code 28 (driver not found).

I had a similar problem when I tried to connect a BlackBerry Tour to my G74SX via Bluetooth. Several new devices appeared without drivers. They also could not be obtained from Windows Update.

The solution was to right-click on a new device, choose "Update Driver Software" from the popup menu, then select "Browse my computer for driver software", then select "Let me pick from a list of device driver on my computer", then scroll down the Manufacturer list and select "Blackberry" (choose "Sony" in your case) and select the appropriate driver for the device.

If this fails to resolve your issue, contact Sony Ericsson or Telstra Australia Technical Support and see if they can hook you up with the correct bluetooth drivers for your phone's devices.

You could also try some of the Vista resolutions, if drivers are involved. It could be they are Vista/Windows 7 drivers.

dstrakele
Level 14
What make and model phone?

the phone is a Sony Ericsson cedar - otherwise know as j108 - locked to and sold (possibly modified) by Telstra Australia