cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS Unveils the ROG TYTAN CG8480 Windows 8-based Gaming Desktop PC

Myk_SilentShado
Level 15
http://rog.asus.com/169012012/rog-desktop-pcs/asus-unveils-the-rog-tytan-cg8480-windows-8-based-gami...

Ok, I quite like the look of this one. And guys, make sure you check out the PR link for this one....it's actually somewhat customizable, though there is one problem...there is no mention of what the Motherboard is, though taking only up to 16GB?? yeah the Mobo in this one ain't RoG'n that's for sure.
10 REPLIES 10

kkn
Level 14
i would guess a gene series mobo.

X-ROG
Level 15
The Tytan series is a package designed for gamers rather than individual components. We don't expect buyers to upgrade frankly, otherwise they would self-build.

MarshallR@ASUS wrote:
The Tytan series is a package designed for gamers rather than individual components. We don't expect buyers to upgrade frankly, otherwise they would self-build.

Touché good sir...though why no mention of what the Motherboard is?

Myk SilentShadow wrote:
Touché good sir...though why no mention of what the Motherboard is?

The motherboard is ASUS but not expressly ROG, simply because these users would never touch it so it would add cost to them and be a waste. The DT market is simply different to the self-build one because it's always been on a superficial need (for lack of a better word). We don't demand ROG motherboards in G series for the same reason.

Standard ASUS boards overclock well enough, so they'll never see that it's blue versus red. Instead the ROG-esq hardware is built into what the user can interact with: the case, the genuine ROG mouse and MX Black key keyboard bundled with it. The auto-overclocking is a motherboard feature but it's interaction is a case-level adaptation, not motherboard switch.

Here on ROG site at least want to encourage DT users become real self-builders to take fuller advantage of the ROG life; learning how build, OC, improve game FPS and use all the functions to their fullest. Get hands on with the board/card, all the ROG features within the UEFI and software!

MarshallR@ASUS wrote:
The motherboard is ASUS but not expressly ROG, simply because these users would never touch it so it would add cost to them and be a waste. The DT market is simply different to the self-build one because it's always been on a superficial need (for lack of a better word). We don't demand ROG motherboards in G series for the same reason.

Standard ASUS boards overclock well enough, so they'll never see that it's blue versus red. Instead the ROG-esq hardware is built into what the user can interact with: the case, the genuine ROG mouse and MX Black key keyboard bundled with it. The auto-overclocking is a motherboard feature but it's interaction is a case-level adaptation, not motherboard switch.

Here on ROG site at least want to encourage DT users become real self-builders to take fuller advantage of the ROG life; learning how build, OC, improve game FPS and use all the functions to their fullest. Get hands on with the board/card, all the ROG features within the UEFI and software!

Sneaky sneaky Devils lol j/k fair enough though mate...I could never go back to an OEM System since I build my own lol

Black4
Level 8
This marketing positioning really does make sense.

I once bought an Alienware when I didn't know enough about building my own, and just wanted to know the entire system was leading-edge. I didn't know much about the individual components and wasn't an enthusiast. I was a gamer.

Now I want a R-O-G board and R-O-G MATRIX card, as well as specifying the best quality components available throughout the build. Once you've built your own and look for the best gear, it doesn't make sense to buy a system pre-built anymore.
A Republic of Gamers heart.

The all-new Subaru WRX is coming. Pardon our dust.

sectionate
Level 12
I feel bad for those who buy ROG motherboards because they see "gaming" and have zero tech skills. Thats just not right 😜
Crosshair IV 1090T 4093.7 - Crosshair V FX - 8350 Batch # 1243PGT 4.422MHz - 4816.08 MHz 1.5v - GSKILL F3-14900CL9D-8GBSR(x2)1087.6 11-12-10 1.5volts - ViewSonic VX2439wm - Acer GD235HZ - SyncMaster P2350 - PowerColor Red Devil RX 480 8GBD5-3DH/OC - Current Mode: 5760 x 1080 - (retired) ASUS GTX660DC2O2GD5 - Nvidia 3D Vision Wired - HAF 932 - Corsair HX850 - Corsair H100i - latest quakelive.com - Day thirteen 60fps - as always I'm powered by Futurelooks.com

sectionate wrote:
I feel bad for those who buy ROG motherboards because they see "gaming" and have zero tech skills. Thats just not right 😜

Well they gotta learn sometime. That's why we write the guides on the front page 🙂

I bought one of these, is it possible to swap the motherboard out in the future if i wanted?