cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G75VW-DS73-3D Problems from the start ordered with 3940XM and 32 gb ram with v4 SSD

gicrose
Level 7
SO I got the new G75VW-DS73-3D

I ordered it with the 3940XM and it has 32 gb ram with 670m and Vertex 4 512GB SSD

SO yes its i guess right now one of the best or THE best the laptop can get. I un boxed it saturday and PROBLEMS GALORE...

1. Computer will not charge at all ( it has to be plugged in, if i pull the plug it shuts down right away.. While its plugged in it says (plugged in, charging) it doesnt matter screen off hdd spun down lightest power setting period it doesnt charge right now it still says 0%... I charged it over night and still 0% so im sure there is a PROBLEM.. and will be calling monday to get it resolved.

2. THe touchpad, which SUCKED on my g73 920XM was not addressed at all while typing if your hand touches or hovers over the left corner bam you are now typing at the top of the page.. I do not know why this wasnt addressed...Sure i can turn it off and use a mouse ... but being $3500 laptop i would think i should be able to use it is intended.

3. Windows 8 was not loaded on the PC but im suppose to get an UPGRADE for FREE, an 150 rebate? I got nothing on this BTW in the box.

I feel very let down, and think this should and im sure WILL need to be addressed right away. I dont play games anymore I own a software company and do videos and a bunch of other things. It was this or gto MAC whihc my dev team keeps wanting me to do.. Anyone else have any of these issues?

The battery thing is the big problem for me... I mean i literally cant power on unless i have it plugged in. I heard on aforum to let it go all the way down then it would start charging.. NOPE.. it did not start charging in fact its been 48 hours and its still zero... BTW nothing is loaded on this PC its fresh windows so nothing taking up resources and as i said even with screen off and everything on power save, still 0%

I really dont want to send it back, I think they should send a replacement battery if thats the issue..
14 REPLIES 14

john_from_ohio
Level 11
Not much in this posting sounds legit ... but return your machine if it is having power issues out of the box.

john_from_ohio wrote:
Not much in this posting sounds legit ... but return your machine if it is having power issues out of the box.

You ares saying it doesnt sound legit? What do you mean? are you implying that i am making this up?

Yes well i waited a while for it, would think it would be just battery maybe?.. I would hope they just send me battery

#1 sounds like it could be malfunction of the charging circuits, the battery, or you simply forgot to insert the battery/inserted it incorrectly.

#2 the touchpad has setting to reduce/eliminate this, it's up to each user to set up their notebook to their own taste and style when it comes down to usage patterns. Also, the notebook isn't worth $3,500, the notebook with all the bells and whistles you chose to add is worth $3,500. You can easily pick up a G75 from best buy for $1,199; making your $3,500 figure a moot point here.

#3 why in the world would you expect a laptop to come with Win8 installed when it hasn't been officially released yet?... A little common sense would go a long way here.

Bottom line, the only legitimate problem you might have is the charging one, so if you can get it resolved, then just have your retailer exchange it and call it a day. Posting here about multiple problems when you only have 1 real problem isn't the way to get any satisfaction.

Edit: just saw others point out, your charging problem might be related to using components out of spec, so even the charging problem is technically your/your retailers fault.

john_from_ohio wrote:

Very true i put a 3940xm out of my sager in my G75 and it wouldent boot at all. But then again 55w cpu and the G75 was only made for 45w.

FYI $3500 for that system is pretty huge rip off. As the same Sager system only runs about $3,000

Return it as most places wont put a 3940xm due to the fact it wont work.

Yea, it works fine... just the battery is at 0%, ill keep you all posted going to get another battery and give it a wirl.. BTW.. just the drive is 499 its the new vertex 4 512 GB SSD... so about the same price.. Not a rip off, well it is but you know what i mean, and im not worried about price really.

X-ROG
Level 15
Contact your point of sale immediately and let them know.

FYI these are the only two processors and memory setup we qualify with the system, so your retailer is upgrading beyond our spec. The 3940XM is a 55W CPU and we only qualify 45W.

Intel® Core™ i7 3720QM Processor
Intel® Core™ i7 3610QM Processor

DDR3 1600 MHz SDRAM, 4 x SO-DIMM socket for expansion up to 16 GB SDRAM

rewben
Level 13
OP, i think you should talk to your retailer, not here. you're like telling the original car seller that things didn't work out for you after you've changed the car engine.

just a heads up: i read it somewhere in the forum that 39xx cpu can only run at stock clock all the times (unable to turbo boost) because of the incompatibility also.

edit: here, from cuk.

you guys are really a unique group, I avoid forums because people are stupid and really dont answer the question, if you read the post the new thunderbolt from ASUS with G75 the newest release would include widows 8. AND FOR THE RECORD windows 8 pro has ben out since 8/17/2012 FINAL build (shelf product) I am a member of action pack with microsoft and this is not the review one, its the complete OEM windoes 8 pro, so saying stupid stuff like little common sense would help, is about as usless as your time you took to respond.

Also there is already several PC with windows 8 sitting at costco that came with it installed, and they are holding back. Its not crazt to assume this one would actually come with it, but as was pointed out.. I could care less as i already have it. i was making a simple point based on what i read several places and from the support staff chat...

Now i apprecaite you saying max is those 2 processors, but then again thats the same as me upgrading my g73 to the 920xm, that i have also right? and it posts and uses 32gb ram no problem. The only problem is the charging, which i beleive it caused by a faulty battery frm the factory. No need to flame or go off on on differnt paths which to not address the issue.

I purchased it from xotic PC.. and if you notice on thier website its a SPEC build they offer and YES this procesor and ram combo does work. A business partner of mine has one from 3 months ago without thunderbolt, that works GREAT!... this is why i had mine ordered. In my lifetime ive never once ordered a custom PC i did it all myself. This was a first, and a LAST

so back to the point... Ill contact XOTIC PC.. and tel them they better get me a new battery, and because I want to let everyone know, ill come back and let you know if that was the issue. I do not need replys saying stupid stuff because WHAT YOU MAY NOT KNOW, doesnt mean something isnt TRUE or in this case released.. Google "action pack release win 8"

The others, I apprecaite your feedback and will report back..other than having to keep it plugged it it IS VERY fast and am more than happy with it.

Have a GREAT NIGHT...

"Knowledge is power, Presentation is KEY!" -Charlie Rose

You may think you know but when you come off like a tool box, it doesnt help. Have nothing to say that will address ones concern move on and save your remarks.

gicrose wrote:
you guys are really a unique group, I avoid forums because people are stupid and really dont answer the question, if you read the post the new thunderbolt from ASUS with G75 the newest release would include widows 8. AND FOR THE RECORD windows 8 pro has ben out since 8/17/2012 FINAL build (shelf product) I am a member of action pack with microsoft and this is not the review one, its the complete OEM windoes 8 pro, so saying stupid stuff like little common sense would help, is about as usless as your time you took to respond.

Also there is already several PC with windows 8 sitting at costco that came with it installed, and they are holding back. Its not crazt to assume this one would actually come with it, but as was pointed out.. I could care less as i already have it. i was making a simple point based on what i read several places and from the support staff chat...

Now i apprecaite you saying max is those 2 processors, but then again thats the same as me upgrading my g73 to the 920xm, that i have also right? and it posts and uses 32gb ram no problem. The only problem is the charging, which i beleive it caused by a faulty battery frm the factory. No need to flame or go off on on differnt paths which to not address the issue.

I purchased it from xotic PC.. and if you notice on thier website its a SPEC build they offer and YES this procesor and ram combo does work. A business partner of mine has one from 3 months ago without thunderbolt, that works GREAT!... this is why i had mine ordered. In my lifetime ive never once ordered a custom PC i did it all myself. This was a first, and a LAST

so back to the point... Ill contact XOTIC PC.. and tel them they better get me a new battery, and because I want to let everyone know, ill come back and let you know if that was the issue. I do not need replys saying stupid stuff because WHAT YOU MAY NOT KNOW, doesnt mean something isnt TRUE or in this case released.. Google "action pack release win 8"

The others, I apprecaite your feedback and will report back..other than having to keep it plugged it it IS VERY fast and am more than happy with it.

Have a GREAT NIGHT...

"Knowledge is power, Presentation is KEY!" -Charlie Rose

You may think you know but when you come off like a tool box, it doesnt help. Have nothing to say that will address ones concern move on and save your remarks.

"Finally, the date the rest of the world is waiting for is October 26th. That's when Microsoft will allow regular consumers to purchase desktops, laptops and tablets with either Windows 8 or Windows RT pre-installed" from http://www.neowin.net/news/windows-8-now-available-for-microsoft-action-pack-subscribers

"Pre-order: This PC is scheduled to be released on October 26, 2012. Place your advanced order now." from http://www.costco.com/Pre-order-HP-Pavilion-HPE-h8xt-Microsoft%C2%AE-Windows-8-Desktop-with-Intel%C2... the only system listed on costco.com as coming preinstalled with Win8.

Win8 was RTM months ago... True. MSDN, TechNet, MAPS, DreamSpark, and Volume Licensing members can download the RTM version now... True. Win8 is available for purchase by regular customers on preinstalled systems... Flase. Perhaps you should follow your own advice and not post unless you know the full story.

Oh... btw... "$150 ASUS Mail in Rebate + Windows 8 FREE UPGRADE - [Upgrade & Mail in Rebate through ASUS]" from http://www.xoticpc.com/asus-g75vwds733d-p-4324.html?wconfigure=yes
and

Operating System
Standard OS: Genuine Windows 7® Home Premium 64-Bit
from http://www.xoticpc.com/asus-g75vwds733d-p-4324.html
~Azrael's Kiss~

Buildin' my post count one post at a time...