cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't load Intel RAID drivers during Windows 7 Professional Install...any advice?

FirstFlyte
Level 9
Hi,

Looking for a little advice.

Rampage IV Formula motherboard
BIOS version: 2105 x64 (latest at the time of this writing)
SATA Mode: RAID Mode
2 x 128GB Samsung 830 SSDs detected and configured for RAID 0 (2 drive set) via Intel's RAID configuration utility (-I)
Windows 7 x64 SP1 Professional loaded on a bootable USB inserted in the ROG USB port
Intel RAID driver also available via USB stick

Windows starts to install, doesn't see the SSD RAID array, and prompts to load drivers. I've tried what I believe are just about every driver known to mankind here, but they all fail to install.

Has anyone out there been able to get past this issue? I've scoured both these forums and the weeb, and tried various configurations, but so far haven't had any luck.

Thanks for your time,

FirstFlyte
CPU: i7-3930K @ 3.20 MB: Rampage IV Formula (BIOS: 2105) RAM: 4 x 4GB Corsair Dominator Platinum (2400 OC) GFX: 2 x Gigabyte Geforce GTX 660Ti (2-way SLI) Boot Disk: 2 x 128GB Samsung 830 (RAID 0) Data Disks: WD Velociraptor 1TB, HGST 7K4000 4TB Cooling: Corsair H80 PSU: Corsair AX1200 Case: Corsair 600T (White Edition) Monitor: Dell U2711 O/S: Win 7 Professional SP1
22 REPLIES 22

cx-ray
Level 12
From the Intel site download the x64 RSTe 3.5.0.1101 F6 drivers. After you load the iaStorA.inf file, you can proceed with installing Windows.

Nodens
Level 16
In addition to what cx-ray said, make sure you put them either on a usb flash disk on a USB 2 port or a floppy disk.
RAMPAGE Windows 8/7 UEFI Installation Guide - Patched OROM for TRIM in RAID - Patched UEFI GOP Updater Tool - ASUS OEM License Restorer
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't!

RealBench Developer.

Nodens wrote:
In addition to what cx-ray said, make sure you put them either on a usb flash disk on a USB 2 port or a floppy disk.

Ummm...what's a 'floppy disk'? 😄

Thanks for the responses cx-ray and Nodens.

I'll give this a whirl and report back. I am using a 2nd USB 2 stick for the driver install.

Cheers!
CPU: i7-3930K @ 3.20 MB: Rampage IV Formula (BIOS: 2105) RAM: 4 x 4GB Corsair Dominator Platinum (2400 OC) GFX: 2 x Gigabyte Geforce GTX 660Ti (2-way SLI) Boot Disk: 2 x 128GB Samsung 830 (RAID 0) Data Disks: WD Velociraptor 1TB, HGST 7K4000 4TB Cooling: Corsair H80 PSU: Corsair AX1200 Case: Corsair 600T (White Edition) Monitor: Dell U2711 O/S: Win 7 Professional SP1

No luck.

"The [Intel(R) C600 Series Chipset SATA RAID Controller (C:\RSTe_f6_iaStorA_64bit\iaStorA.inf)] device driver could not be installed. Contact your vendor for an updated driver."

...msg appears after some sort of time-out I believe, as the green progress bar cycles thru multiple iterations and then the driver install eventually gives up.

Win7 Professional SP1 is on a bootable USB 2 stick inserted into the ROG USB 2 port.
I tried putting the drivers on a separate USB 2 stick, and also on the Windows bootable stick. Neither worked.

Any other options?

aTdHvAaNnKcSe for any assistance provided.

Cheers,

FirstFlyte.

Nodens
Level 16
Try a different driver version. The one before 3.5.0.1101. If that fails as well then there's something wrong with your setup as the driver files read must be corrupted. That could be for a variety of reasons but try using another driver version and if it fails we'll get to that:)
RAMPAGE Windows 8/7 UEFI Installation Guide - Patched OROM for TRIM in RAID - Patched UEFI GOP Updater Tool - ASUS OEM License Restorer
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't!

RealBench Developer.

Nodens wrote:
Try a different driver version. The one before 3.5.0.1101. If that fails as well then there's something wrong with your setup as the driver files read must be corrupted. That could be for a variety of reasons but try using another driver version and if it fails we'll get to that:)

So...I gave the drivers listed in this thread over at hardforum.com a whirl and they worked! (wasn't entirely thrilled that the driver file was a Mediafire download - typically try to stay away from that sort of thing).

Snippet from the txtsetup.oem file:

# Copyright (c) 2009-2011 Intel Corporation
# *****************************************************************************************************
# *****************************************************************************************************
# ** Filename: txtsetup.oem
# ** Revision: 12/02/2011,3.0.0.3011
# ** Abstract: Windows* OEM File for Intel(R)Rapid Storage Technology Enterprise RAIDPort SATA Drivers
#

Regardless, I seem to be much further along now. Thanks very much for the 'try a different driver' suggestion. I'd already tried several, but thought I'd give this one a whirl, and voila! 🙂

Cheers,

FirstFlyte

ps. the Starting Windows screen is up now...has been for a while. Fingers X'd.

Nodens
Level 16
Glad you sorted it out. Any of the RSTe drivers should be installable on your board though so try installing the latest from Intel after the installation finishes. Get the installer package for this not the F6 one 🙂

RealBench Developer.

Nodens wrote:
Glad you sorted it out. Any of the RSTe drivers should be installable on your board though so try installing the latest from Intel after the installation finishes. Get the installer package for this not the F6 one 🙂

But alas, no success just yet. The Starting Windows screen remains for quite some time, eventually crashing and causing a machine reboot - this in a loop. I will try the other RSTe drivers from here and see if that helps any.

Cheers,

FirstFlyte

Nodens
Level 16
If the Starting Windows remains for extremely long seemingly loading (the animation is not frozen). Turn off Fast Boot in the UEFI.

RealBench Developer.