cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Now I have problems with my Phoebus

__VeNoM__
Level 7
Well... Booted computer today to find no audio. Looked at speaker icon and had a little red X in it so tried to load my Phoebus app but now it says "Can't find any device". WTF!!! Been working for months (apart from speaker mis-match issue) not made any changes to my rig (not been inside the case at all). The only thing that comes to mind is Windows update has done something or my Phoebus is on it's way out.

Tried removing Asus drivers (sound works with windows default drivers). Installed latest 20 driver again and sound goes off with same error. Gone in to hardware manager and get "Windows cannot verify the digital signature for the drivers required for this device. A recent hardware or software change might have installed a file that is signed incorrectly or damaged, or that might be malicious software from an unknown source. (Code 52)". Which makes me think it was to do with a windows update.

Any suggestions on how to fix this issue please guys?
14 REPLIES 14

PlaneName
Level 10
Try doing a system restore, go back to the time before you installed those new updates. I keep my Windows-update off for these issues that will happen. I only get the recommend updates to get installed. If that did not work, I need to remember how to officially reset the audio drivers and adapters from regedit. Hope someone know's here, can help with that. I use to have a fail CD-ROM on an laptop, which updates the wrong drivers for it, and tried disabling, uninstalling the CD-ROM and none of them works, only by fiddling with the registry files (which could harm your PC if you know what are you doing).

Try using CCleaner first to clean registry files:

http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner

Also try uninstalling the drivers again and download the latest one again:

http://www.asus.com.au/Multimedia/Audio_Cards/ROG_Xonar_Phoebus/#download
Case: Antec 300 Mini Tower Motherboard: GA-Z68A-D3H-B3 (rev1.3) CPU: i5 2500k @ 4.5ghz Cooler: Hyper 212 EVO GPU: GIGABYTE GTX 560ti (950mhz) RAM: G.Skill 8 GB DDR3 @ 1600mhz PSU: Corsair CX 750 Driver: 320.00
Been building PC's for 8 Years! 😉

__VeNoM__
Level 7
I managed to fix it. I disabled Windows 7 driver signature checker and then uninstalled the drivers and put them back on. Works now so clearly windows detected the beta driver was not signed and prevented it from working.

Come on ASUS where is our new drivers???

+1, where are the whql drivers? Been using the beta drivers since mid summer, cmon asus.

..VeNoM.. wrote:
I managed to fix it. I disabled Windows 7 driver signature checker and then uninstalled the drivers and put them back on. Works now so clearly windows detected the beta driver was not signed and prevented it from working.

I really and truly believe that this card is being held back from its full potential by its poor drivers and software suite.

Raja:

Please consider going back to the older style interface and software.

I realize that Dolby Headphone is costly to license, but your old suite simply worked better in every way and sound related activity than this current suite does.

If it is not broke, dont fix it, as far as the older legacy software goes. The new software is an ungodly mess with its two interfaces and non-intuitive usage.

And NO, I am not forwarding this message to ASUS support. You talk to your teams often I am certain. Tell them face to face please, or at least during a phone call or email the feedback you have been receiving.

All these posts and "forwarded" feedback to the team are not helping.

..VeNoM.. wrote:

Funny thing is there are final Windows 8 drivers available although the OS itself is not. In terms of Windows 7 I had to face the exact same problem you mentioned and installed the .19 drivers. They don't have a WHQL Logo either but at least a Digital Signature from CMEDIA. It's high time for a new bugfixed Windows 7 driver.

__VeNoM__
Level 7
Totally shocking from ASUS considering the amount of money people spend on the products they make. I love the hardware but software sucks 😞

Glasofruix
Level 8
Speaking about windows 8 drivers, there's a total lack of those for nearly every asus notebook model, fn+ combinations work like **** on mine... Generally speaking, i love asus' hardware. If only their code monkeys were nearly as fast to pop out drivers as the company pops out new products.

Busterbvi
Level 7
I have the same problem as Venom, keep getting "CANT FIND ANY DEVICE" its there in Device manager (W7 x 64bit) but has yellow triangle warning next to it ! I cleared out the old drivers, ran Driver Cleaner.net and CC Cleaner, put the card into a different slot, re loaded the latest drivers that were released on the 25 March 2013, still the same ! Its the latest Asus driver so I guess it must be signed !? Any ideas Raja, anyone ?

Cheers, Buster.

dan_ivan
Level 7
The driver isn't signed. Raja told us that will come soon WHQL driver. If you wanna see if it is signed type dxdiag in search box from start button and check to show if drivers are digitally signed; then go to sound tab and see if Phoebus have WHQL logo.