cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Team Super Pi Challenge Oct 18 - Nov 17 2012

HiVizMan
Level 40
To celebrate the formation of the new ROG Supreme OC HWBOT team. I think it is only appropriate that we have a little benching challenge to get things really started. This challenge is only open to ROG Supreme OC members.

Not a member of ROG Supreme yet, join the team now. Register Here

Submissions open - 18 October 2012
Submissions close - 17 November 2012 12:00 GMT

And what better benchmark than Super Pi.

Download here

Rules here

Challange wallpaper downloaded here

The Challenge - ROG Super Pi efficiency

Post your best 32 mil and 1 mil times.
Both submissions must be run at the same CPU frequency.
Memory frequency is capped at 2400 MHz. Not one MHz more. 🙂
Open to AMD and Intel users.
Both submissions are rated for efficiency and the efficiency rating for each benchmark combined.
The winner has the best efficiency total.

Requirements
Air and Water cooling only, for memory and CPU - No sub zero cooling allowed.
A photo of your benching rig must accompany your submission.
Contest is only open to ROG Supreme OC team members - your entry must include your HWBOT profile link. 🙂
Each submission must have the wallpaper that Chris designed for this challenge.
Each submission must comply with the HWBOT rules for submission.
Each submission must have the motherboard tab of CPUz open.

Prize

There is a CPU or kit of Ram up for grabs.

The CPU will be either a:

Intel® Core™ i7-990X Processor Extreme Edition (Brand New and never used)
or
Intel® Core™ i5-2550K Processor (binned 5.5GHz) not used for HWBOT submission will be certain silver cups in all 2D benchmarks and CPUz

I will let the winner decide which prize they need or want the most.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.
608 REPLIES 608

HiVizMan
Level 40

Leader Board Intel

1 Alex-Ro 53896.10
2 Kr0nz3 54863.30
3 Chino 55538.11
4 henkenator68NL 55565.23
5 flexnl 55575.53
6 Squallalaha 56320.69
7 Arne Saknussemm 56977.70
8 Sinebrychof 57055.29
9 THE SE7EN SINS 57470.19
10 Nodens 57518.80
11 Dartmaul 57647.74
12 asipamn 59220.53
13 smokeintheeye 59276.83
14 RonanC 59797.54
15 Skull6 62000.00

Leader Board AMD

1 Myk SilentShadow 110390.78
2 Henkenator68NL 113693.55
3 chrsplmr 114071.80

Want an example of a submission clickHERE.

Important Disclaimer. Neither ASUS, ROG or any affiliate of ASUS is in any way responsible for the prizes that I am giving away. The prizes are from my personal collection of hardware. They will all be in 100% working condition at the time of shipping. There is no warranty and no recourse to RMA from the original supplier in the future, and definitely no recourse to any ASUS representative if something happens to the prizes in the future. If you guys are not happy or unwilling to live with this condition I am instructed to remove the prizes, as ASUS can not and should not be held accountable for any support for and warranty off these prizes. By participating you agree to his condition. Please pm me if you do not and I will remove your submission, or the prizes if that is most suitable to all.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Not teabagging here just no time until now and contemplation of meaning of efficiency.....

http://hwbot.org/user/arne_saknussemm/

i73930K @ 4600MHz
Rampage IV Extreme
Cooling H2O Custom loop
RAM Gskill Z series 1600MHz

Pi1M
Pi32M

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Hehe excellent! Should be fun!:)

EDIT: Chrs HiVizMan a big thanks for the set-up very generous of both of you... time and effort!

Zka17
Level 16
This is very exciting! :cool: Can not wait to get home... 🙂 It will be definitely a lot of fun! 🙂

Just to get it correctly, there are no CPU limitations? Do we have to submit the results to HWBOT before posting here?

That's a cool wallpaper, Chris - congrats for doing it!

Zka17 wrote:
This is very exciting! :cool: Can not wait to get home... 🙂 It will be definitely a lot of fun! 🙂

Just to get it correctly, there are no CPU limitations? Do we have to submit the results to HWBOT before posting here?

That's a cool wallpaper, Chris - congrats for doing it!

No CPU limitations besides it has to be water cooled or air cooled. Oh and both submissions have to be at the same frequency.

Result does not have to be submitted to hwbot, it simply has to meet all the hwbot requirements for validity.

And yeah Chris is the man, big thanks to him for doing the wallpaper of this contest, very talented dude.

Trying to decide on the prize for this challenge. Was thinking of putting either a CPU up for grabs or a CPU LN2 pot, but not sure how the pot would get through customs. So might have to go with either CPU or a kit of benching ram. Lets see how it goes and maybe give the winner the choice to choose what they most want or need.

Henkenator68NL
Level 13
Looks good cant wait to try it out. First I have to get familiar with the test... Newby on this part. But exciting though! Thanks for the opportunity! Can I compete with 2 systems? AMD and Intel Right?

HiVizMan
Level 40
Yeah sure can, which ever is the more efficient of your submissions is the one that goes onto the leader board. Sadly can not spring for a prize for Intel and one for AMD. 😛

X-ROG
Level 15
Oooh nice!! Gonna write this up 😄

chrsplmr
Level 18
HiVizMan, this is awesome .. theArt is in the masterpieces all you guys paint with this equipment everyday.
I am humbled by your kind words and honored to offer this tiny piece. (It helps 'timestamp' the submission)

Best of Luck to all that Enter .. and those that just think about it as well.
Super Congrats on the new ROG Supreme OC team .. outstanding.

btw..
I read the announcement thread @ http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?23270-A-new-ROG-Team-on-HWBOT&highlight=supreme
I see the password is but ...
How does one join and where do you put the password ???

Salute to all involved.c.