cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G50V blue and purple shades problem

Retired
Not applicable
My Asus G50V has a problem in the display: sometimes some blue shades appear next to black characters in white background, or purple shades appear on black background.
The blue shades are static, but the purple are tickling and increase or decrease like a TV with signal interference.

This phenomena is not seen when connecting the notepad to a LCD/TV via VGA/HDMI cable...

I have tried to upgrade Windows Vista to 7, but the problem was not solved.

Anyone has a clue of what might causing this problem?
3 REPLIES 3

xeromist
Does it make a difference if you change the resolution, color depth, refresh rate?
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

Retired
Not applicable
No it doesn't make any difference 😞

I had this problem some moths ago, but then it disappear...
Last week this problem reappeared, and the only thing that changed in my laptop was some Windows7 updates... I noticed that this updates were installed because the laptop started to crash after went on sleep mode, and I investigated what might have changed.

xeromist
If this happened after Windows updates you could try rolling back to a system restore point.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…