cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Random ASUS G75VW-DS72 PC lock-up?

kuudou
Level 7
Something weird happened today. PC just froze, oddly enough right before it did the mouse cursor had the windows winding up thing beside it, like some program was trying to run. Had to power it off forcefully by holding down the power button, it powered up again without any issues.

I wasn't running anything intensive either. Just looking through my email on chrome.

I've had this laptop for 2 weeks now, this is the first time this has happened. Is this a common occurance for other G75 users out there? I looked at the Windows reliability report and it shows nothing, oddly enough. I'm guessing that thing only logs BSODs anyway.
3 REPLIES 3

rewben
Level 13
your descriptions to your problem do not provide any clue whether it was caused by hardware or software-related. it sounded like software crashing.

That's a little worrying. The guy linked to Ravezero's thread referral seems to get his freezes from an old Nvidia driver.

There were no significant software/hardware changes for me before the freeze. I had my graphics driver updated to 306.23 from Nvidia about 1.5 weeks before said crash occurred. I looked through my system reports all the same and the only noteworthy thing I changed was uninstalling the ASUS USB Charger thing.

I'll still install the newest driver from Nvidia all the same. Although I have my doubts that it was the graphics driver that was causing the issue since I was just running Chrome and maybe Steam at the time.