cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HDMI question

egemenbor
Level 7
Hi,

Im considering purchasing a Maximus V Gene however I noticed that it does not have a dvi connection on the back (not a problem since it has hdmi). From the reviews I read I saw that the hdmi on the back has a maximum resolution of 1920x1080 however I have a 24" monitor that has a resolution of 1920x1200. Using the hdmi connection on the back (along with a dvi to hdmi adaptor) will I not be able to run my monitor at its native resolution?

Thanks for the help!
9 REPLIES 9

Nackers
Level 15
If you're Not going to be using a graphic card you may have to run your monitor under it's max res.. It will still work ok.

Ah thats a bummer. Im guessing I wont have the same problem with the display port. Is there any software that will allow me to force a resolution because Ive read elsewhere where people are getting above 1080p (albeit with other systems such as laptops etc.)

HiVizMan
Level 40
Yeah a simple adaptor is the best bet. Easy and elegant. Repped t3kn33k
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

According to this Asus link, the Maximus V Gene supports 1920x1200 out of its HDMI port. I have a 1920x1200 NEC 2490WUXi2 monitor. Will a HDMI to DVI convertor work?
i5-3570k | V Gene | HD 4000 | Crucial M4 256GB | Fractal Design Mini | NEC 2490WUXi2

SUKARA
Level 10
Basically yes you can,because both digital signals,
HDMI signals contain sound,but DVI signals no

UltraNEO_
Level 11
Check your monitor's ports for a digital display port as some displays have em, I know most Dells do. IF not you could buy a displayport to DVI adapter, bear in mind the signals will be all digital.
ASUS ROG RVIE Encore| i9-10940x | Dominator Platinum 128GB 3333 MHz | EVGA RTX 2080 Ti SLI | Samsung 970 Pro 1TB NVMe (x3)
WD Black 4TB | WD Black 6TB x2 | EVGA 1600 P2 | CaseLabs SMA8 | Custom Water Cooling | HWLabs Black Ice Nemesis GTX 560
XSPC RX 480 v3 | XSPC D5 Vario x2 | EK Blocks | EK-RES X3 400 | BitsPower Fittings | GentleTypoon 1850 x12 | Corsair SP140 x8 | Lamptron CM615

Twitch.tv/MsNikita | Twitter.com/MsNikitaTV | Instagram.com/MsNikitaTV | Reddit.com/r/MsNikitaTV

UltraNEO* wrote:

Check your monitor's ports for a digital display port as some displays have em, I know most Dells do. IF not you could buy a displayport to DVI adapter, bear in mind the signals will be all digital.

It is an NEC, it is DVI-D only. From what I've read the DisplayPort converters are finicky and more expensive. I want to try HDMI out first. The monitor only supports a max of 1920x1200 (single link DVI) so HDMI 1.0 should work, plus Asus says it will put out that much. I was just confused by the OP's question.
i5-3570k | V Gene | HD 4000 | Crucial M4 256GB | Fractal Design Mini | NEC 2490WUXi2

HiVizMan
Level 40
Can confirm that it does. 1920 x 1200 24" Benq via the HDMI of the Gene
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.