cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Geforce GTX 670M Borderlands 2 mourning thread..

TehJorge
Level 7
So sad. The Performance on this game is surprising, can anyone relate? My G75VW-DS72 can run Tribes just fine compared to this
10 REPLIES 10

kuudou
Level 7
I can run Borderlands 2 OK. With Vsync and 2X AA and so on. Looks pretty decent.

Although I think it's running in DX9.

mrwolf
Level 10
Thats very strange. You guys should be able to run this with ease ! :s You cant compare to tribes tho, it is not a very demanding game.

Low performace could be due to things running in the background eating up ur memory..? Also you should be plugged in, not on battery.

If i can run crysis 2, max payne 3, planetside 2 and Project Cars on pretty much maxed out settings you should definatly not have issues playing borderlands 2 loll..

Have a look on your task manager before you play.. How much processes, CPU usage and Physical Memory does it show..?

Woots
Level 11
I am running 660m on my G75 and I crank this game full out with full Physx and this game seems flawless to me.

What is the problem with the 670??
PC Setup:
Battlestation Setup:

Woots wrote:
I am running 660m on my G75 and I crank this game full out with full Physx and this game seems flawless to me.

What is the problem with the 670??

Turning up PhysX doesn't seem to tone down performance for me. It runs well. And my BL2 does run well. But I believe it defaults itself to DX9 mode.

But this may be one of those games that run better in DX11. Who knows.

kuudou wrote:
Turning up PhysX doesn't seem to tone down performance for me. It runs well. And my BL2 does run well. But I believe it defaults itself to DX9 mode.

But this may be one of those games that run better in DX11. Who knows.

:s with this kind of system you should ALWAYS play in dx11 mode. Mainly because dx11 mode allows a higher usage of ram and generally should bring better performance.

mrwolf wrote:
:s with this kind of system you should ALWAYS play in dx11 mode. Mainly because dx11 mode allows a higher usage of ram and generally should bring better performance.

HOT UPDATE

Borderlands 2 does NOT in fact support DX11. How about that.

I think I had the same problem, at first with all options maximized, including physix the game fell around 30-40 fps and experienced very steep falls, from 60 fps to 30 fps in some areas with a lot of enemies and explosions, the truth I'm not a big fan of play with this kind of problem, I'd rather have a much more fluid gameplay, so I put the physix off, the game runs between 45-70 fps, but the gameplay is much more fluid, without drastic drops in fps, I have a G75 vw DS73, and I have it in my system maximum health, I think, my 3DMark11 score is 3750, I hope it can help!

scrufy
Level 7
BL2 runs awesome on my g75 with 670m and all settings maxed out. I'm not sure what might be wrong with your setup. Might start with a new driver install and go from there.

mrwolf
Level 10
Guys with a mild over clock on ur GTX 670m you should get a much more stable fps with physX enabled. That's what I would do.

For example when i play Project cars with everything maxed i get around 20fps. So insted of reducing resolution or lowering the settings i just OC to 740/1650 and then i get stable 30-40 fps 🙂