cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overclocking overheated! HELP!!!

Darren2how
Level 7
Hi,my Asus ROG Tytan CG8580 fails over clocking and leads me to BIOS and a screen of American Megatrends. This only happens when I play high performance high graphic games such as RUSE a and Shogun 2 TW.

First,my screen displays all that red green blue screen lines then automatically shuts down,restarts and leads me to the troubleshoot black screen.In other forums before I posted here,people has said that my screen cable is loose or my GPU is fried.

I am currently using a GTX 560 GPU.

How to fix this?I need to use the 4.2 GHz overclock speed.
8 REPLIES 8

sectionate
Level 12
Thats called artifacting, why do you need to run your overclock speed? I'd set everything back to normal settings until you figure it out.
Crosshair IV 1090T 4093.7 - Crosshair V FX - 8350 Batch # 1243PGT 4.422MHz - 4816.08 MHz 1.5v - GSKILL F3-14900CL9D-8GBSR(x2)1087.6 11-12-10 1.5volts - ViewSonic VX2439wm - Acer GD235HZ - SyncMaster P2350 - PowerColor Red Devil RX 480 8GBD5-3DH/OC - Current Mode: 5760 x 1080 - (retired) ASUS GTX660DC2O2GD5 - Nvidia 3D Vision Wired - HAF 932 - Corsair HX850 - Corsair H100i - latest quakelive.com - Day thirteen 60fps - as always I'm powered by Futurelooks.com

sectionate wrote:
Thats called artifacting, why do you need to run your overclock speed? I'd set everything back to normal settings until you figure it out.

I need to overclock to play some games.RUSE and S2TW especially. Art if acting is because the cable is loose too right? I'm on DVI plug

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Yes, I would reset your computer and check that the fan is working on the GPU for a start.......

How are you overclocking...using a preset?

Arne Saknussemm wrote:
Yes, I would reset your computer and check that the fan is working on the GPU for a start.......

How are you overclocking...using a preset?

Yes,it's a preset done by Asus.I just press the overclock button on my tower and it goes form 3.8-4.0-4.2 .
Its built in.

HiVizMan
Level 40
The artefacts are there because your system is unstable.

The pre-sets are not the best thing to use. It would be better to manually overclock your system.

If you list all your hardware, include the cooling solution you use we can help you.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

HiVizMan wrote:
The artefacts are there because your system is unstable.

The pre-sets are not the best thing to use. It would be better to manually overclock your system.

If you list all your hardware, include the cooling solution you use we can help you.

Where do I find my hardware in using?

kkn
Level 14
hes using a finished builded pc from asus.
http://www.asus.com/Desktop/Gaming/ROG_CG8580/

HiVizMan
Level 40
The tool you use to find out what your system is comprised of is called CPUz

The first tab will tell you the CPU.

The tab called motherboard will tell you the motherboard and the BIOS version

The memory tab will tell you the amount and type as well as the default frequency and timings of your memory.

Many thanks
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.