cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 8 going back to windows 7 HELP!

Yisera
Level 7
I installed windows 8 on my g74sx-nh71 and well it sucks.. I want to go back to windows 7.. But now I think all my keys on the bios menu are disabled! 😞 none work.. f8 f12 none of them work! What can I do in the case? I want a clean install! Help please!
6 REPLIES 6

Myk_SilentShado
Level 15
Have you tried F9? that should be the Function Key to start the installer from your G74's Hidden Partition.

Ok apparently ESC worked.. How can I fix the boot menu to go back to normal?

Yisera wrote:
Ok apparently ESC worked.. How can I fix the boot menu to go back to normal?

Pressing the "esc" button will give you the boot menu. Choosing boot from your HDD/SSD will only
bring you back to Win 8 OS. Choosing boot from DVD will allow you to install a fresh Win 7 DVD copy.
ASUS G74SX-3DE

Yisera
Level 7
Nope none of them work! 😞 tried that one as well! i keep restarting and trying with different keys and nothing happens!

PILGRIM
Level 11
Windows 8 won't allow downgrading to lower versions.
You'll need to reinstall Windows 7 from either a DVD copy or USB copy.
ASUS G74SX-3DE

zsld0423
Level 9
What you can do is press Win+C to open up the side ribbon. Choose the Settings button, then at the bottom click Change PC Settings. When that new window comes up, go to the General section, and at the bottom there is an item called Advanced Startup. Click Restart Now, and there should be an option called "Use a Device" and that should let you boot from a DVD/USB to wipe it and re-install Windows 7.

But if the main reason you do not like Windows 8 is because of the Metro Interface and no Start Button, I recommend buying and installing Start8 by Stardock. It gives you back the start button, and also allows you to bypass the Metro stuff when logging in, so you never have to see it.

Here's the thread I started about Windows 8 and some of the problems/solutions I had
Sager NP9370
256GB Samsung 840 Pro SSD + 750GB 7200RPM Secondary HDD
nVidia GeForce GTX 680M 4GB VRAM
Intel Core i7-3630QM 2.40GHz
16GB RAM
Mouse: MadCatz R.A.T. 7
Keyboard: Razer Lycosa Mirror
Additional Monitors: 24" 1080p Insignia LED/LCD TV and 21" Acer LCD Monitor
Windows 7 Ultimate