cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3d on the hd 5870m

jagernaut
Level 7
Okay...

So i have a G73jh BST7 the best buy version.. got it cheap and upgraded the hell out of it.
But im having issues with it now.... maybe. I just purchased a Optoma gametime gt750 projector and im trying to figure out how, if it is at all possible to get 3D working from my PC to the projector. I have all the needed stuff to make the 3d work but still my projector doesn't "Detect" the 3d signal as it give me no choice to use the 3d mode. EG: dual screen 3d

So i did some research and got new drivers but still no luck.

IS there ANY way i can get this lappy to work with the projector i have, i must be overlooking something or did i just get screwed somehow with no 3d support from ATI?

i have DLP link glasses to go with it.

ANY links would be great for driver

THANKS!!!!
9 REPLIES 9

evga
Level 9
sorry mate , Asus G73Jh has ATI card so no luck for you .
but if you replace it with a nvidia card it would work for sure.

Is this fact? Is there no software i can get to make my ati card support 3D i have been reading a lot about it and on ATI's web site it says that the 5xxx and the 6xxx model support 3D. Also on the specs of the g73jh it also says it supports 3D. But i just cant figure out how to get it to work.

Could i toss in a gtx 680M Sli? 🙂

double post!

they use 3d word in common because some g73jw and sw have it.
there is no software to make 3d , but there are few , what they do is , change the screen color to 3d mode , but its totally useless.

Can i get some official posts on this? the 680M card is Sli with two chips on one card if im not correct please let me know. but im pretty sure its just two chips on the one card. that run in SLI mode that are capable of being put in the slot BUT due to size issues it takes a little work, that and heat/power consumption... but someone has put in a 6xxx and a 7xxx for sure! i have seen walk throughs. As far as the 3D goes there is software that enables it. Seen that too. ALSO this link.

http://www.amd.com/us/products/notebook/graphics/mobility-radeon-5000/mobility-radeon-5800/Pages/mob...

This is the 5870m specs..... says 3D stereoscopic display/glasses support.

So im assuming that it does support it, JUST dont know how to make it work.

Solved!!!! Got the 3D working wonderfully. 😄 still curious about which MXM cards i can install into the monster 🙂 w/modification and w/o

evga
Level 9
no sli because there is just one slot.

evga
Level 9
lol !
I was the 3rd guy to upgrade my g73jh to various types of cards . .lol
I had a hd 6970m, 7970m , msi 5870m.
check out my youtube channel: evgasr2 .
thank you