hi .i have built a gaming pc three months ago .the configuration is as follows

motherboard:asus rog rampage iv extreme
graphics card:asus gtx 680
ram: g skill ripjaws z series 4*4gb kit(total 16 gb
hard disk:1 tb,wd black drive
cpu :intel i7 3930k
cpu cooler: h 100
case: cooler master cosmos 2

it was working just fine for all this time .yesterday i played a game of batman .then i shut it down.the next morning i tried to turn it on but its not turning on.it is not posting anything .the screen is blank.and nothing is happening on the mother board.when i turn on power supply the lights on the mother board is turning on.but i am not able to start the pc. i tried clearing the cmos.but no luck.
can any one help me please.

i actually cried when it did not start.
please help me.
61 REPLIES 61

HiVizMan
Level 40
I feel your pain.

Please check your PSU connectors have not come loose, it only needs one of the little metal pins in the 24 pin plastic connector to come loose for your system to not post. Check all of them while you are at it.

What you do not list is your PSU and that is most likely where the problem lies.

Could you also include what the 2 digit code your LED poster is stuck/stopping on.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

HiVizMan wrote:
I feel your pain.

Please check your PSU connectors have not come loose, it only needs one of the little metal pins in the 24 pin plastic connector to come loose for your system to not post. Check all of them while you are at it.

What you do not list is your PSU and that is most likely where the problem lies.

Could you also include what the 2 digit code your LED poster is stuck/stopping on.

no when i turn on the power the lights in the mother board show up.like the led on the internal on/off , reset buttons,bios led

HiVizMan
Level 40
What are the two numbers or letters on the LED poster?
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

HiVizMan wrote:
What are the two numbers or letters on the LED poster?

it is not posting any thing.the power switch is not doing anything.

HiVizMan
Level 40
Ah thank you.

Here is what you should do.
Remove all PSU connectors from your motherboard.
That includes VGA and HDD connectors.
Please remove your CPU and cooler. Check your socket for any bent or misaligned pins.
Remove the battery from the motherboard (near the PCIe lanes)
Clear CMOS and leave your system as is for two hours (or overnight if you can)

Then put the system together.
One stick of ram
Keyboard and mouse
VGA
Now the power cables
And power up.

HiVizMan wrote:
Ah thank you.

Please remove your CPU and cooler. Check your socket for any bent or misaligned pins.

One stick of ram
Keyboard and mouse
VGA
Now the power cables
And power up.

thank u for the help i will tell u if this works tommorow .thank u u bro .

HiVizMan wrote:
Ah thank you.

One stick of ram
Keyboard and mouse
VGA
Now the power cables
And power up.

i tried the above but no response.is any other way i can fix it .

please help me

dklhs90
Level 7
Wow that is a serious situation you are in. I hope your system gets better. Good luck.

Student | Gamer

Daskful
Level 7
Hi, I know what you are going through. I've been finding ways to fix this issue for over a month. I've thought about any possibility in existence that can lead to this issue. I posted this issue a month ago and no solution has been brought up except a temporary one. This issue is extremely bizarre because it seems to only boot under unexplained conditions.

See: http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?22612-Need-help-R4E-Dead-dilemma.

Now, your board will magically boot in a few hours or even days. It will seem like the issue is resolved and you will notice that your time/date settings are off. This is what happened to me which made me thought that it's an issue with CMOS battery.

Which made me make this thread: http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?23742-R4E-CMOS-Battery-Replacement&country=&status=

Except it wasn't the CMOS. As per suggestion, I replaced the CMOS battery with a Duracel one and the issue still exists.

I've done a lot of things. From dismantling the rig multiple times and moving to a new home (though please refrain from believing that I moved to a different home because my PC wouldn't boot) and I still experience it.

Check that last thread out. I have videos, documented observations and various suggestions from Nodens and users. I've also been talking to Scott who's helped me a great deal with RMA processing (I gave up and so have they).

If what I wrote in those threads follows your experiences to the letter, try doing my tests. Let me know if you have more questions. PM me if you must.

I can only hope you're not going through the same thing I am.