cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Project - First Blood !!

ROG_Boy
Level 9
Hi all,

My name is Mat and I'm new around these parts !! About 8 or so weeks ago I decided it was time
to build a new gaming PC and started researching..

I had not built a "latest tech" PC in about 3-4 years so things were very different!! all I knew was I
wanted a good setup, not "top of the line" but up there, Had to be good for gaming, Be watercooled
and that I had a budget of around $2500aus to complete it.......

This is what I've come up with... All parts are either here or are on there way and should be here in
the next 3 or 4 days...

HARDWARE LIST
CASE : Corsair Graphite Series 600T in White
M/B : ASUS Maximus V Formula / ThunderFX Version
CPU : Intel Quad Core I7-3770k LGA1155
MEMORY : 16GB of 2133Mhz DDR3 G.Skill Ripjaws X in Red
SSD : OCZ Agility 3 240GB
HDD : Western Digital Caviar Black 2TB
GPU's : 2 x reference XFX Radeon HD5770's in crossfire (already owned these)
PSU : A-Power Platinum 1200watt (already had this too)
CABLES : 24, 8 an 2x6 pin Kobra extension cables

WATER COOLING PARTS
CPU BLOCK : XSPC Raystorm with Red LED's
RAD 1 : Alphacool NexXxos ST30 all copper 360x30mm
RAD 2 : Alphacool NexXxos UT60 all copper 240x60mm
PUMP : Koolance PMP-450 (D5)
PUMP MOD : Bitspower Red mod kit (pump case/heat sink)
PUMP TOP : Bitspower Black D5 mod top V2 (POM Version)
RES : Clear single D5 top upgrade 150 kit with Red LED's
TUBING : PrimoFlex PRO LRT, Clear
FITTINGS : Bitspower carbon Black stop plugs, 30mm extenders
....................EK Black 90deg rotarys,
....................Enzotech Black 10mm extender,
....................Monsoon FC Red compression fittings
....................Red Elite clamps for the VRM Water block
FANS : 8 x 120mm XSPC 2000rpm 73cfm
COOLANT : Mayhems pastel ice White
MISC PARTS : Bitspower anti cyclone fitting, Bitspower Red LED Stop plug, Bitspower clear res
top with 3 x G1/4 holes to replace the stock res top with 1 G1/4 hole, parts for fill port in top of case,
temp sensor for ambient temp,

UPGRADES I'D LIKE TO DO IN THE FUTURE
Corsair AX1200i PSU.
Newer graphix card / cards.
Waterblock for the above card /cards
White LED Strip lighting.
Complete perspex side panel.

AND SO IT BEGINS....

First up was getting hold of the case I wanted. I'd seen the 600T in a few blog builds and on
YouTube builds and knew I had to have one!!! I buy all my PC hardware from www.arc.com.au
and have done for years... They seem to be about the cheapest place around and are semi
local to me (use to work near the Parramatta store and lived near the Penrith store. I now live
about 2hours away but its still worth it)

So about 2-3 weeks ago I drove to there Penrith store and picked up the Case, Intel CPU,
OCZ SSD and the W/D HDD and at the same time placed the order for the Asus MVF M/B
and the G.Skill memory. Once home I also placed the orders for the watercoolong gear..
I placed an order for the main parts with www.performance-pcs.com in the States as they
had all I wanted and it was also cheaper to get the gear from them then it was from here even
with the crazy delivery cost !! and an order with www.gammods.com.au and
www.thekoolroom.com both here in OZ for the smaller parts.. Thanks to all you guys for your
help in getting the required parts for me... Much appreciated !!

So anyways on with the build ...

Pix and info on the case mods to come...

P.S. If you have any ideas what I should call the thing let me know !!!!
Project : First Blood (updated)
CASE : Modified Corsair 600T in White
MoBo : ASUS MVF
CPU : Intel 3770k with XSPC Raystorm W/B
MEMORY : 16GB, 2133Mhz G.Skill Ripjaws X
SSD : OCZ Agility 3 240GB, HDD : WD Black 2TB
GPU's : ASUS 7970 with XSPC Raystorm W/B
RAD 1 : Alphacool ST30 360x30mm
RAD 2 : Alphacool UT60 240x60mm
PUMP : Koolance PMP-450 with Bitspower Red mod kit
PUMP TOP/RES : Bitspower mod top V2 with a Bitspower 150mm RES upgrade kit
45 REPLIES 45

Nackers
Level 15
Welcome Mat to ROG.Forums,, Looks like you're building a awesome Rig,, Should be able to handle our aussie heatwave's.

Myk_SilentShado
Level 15
Welcome Mat!!! Good to see another Aussie face in the Forums, system will be a good one 🙂

By the way, look at PC Case Gear. They're one of Aus' biggest Online Distributors and their prices are nearly always the cheapest.

HiVizMan
Level 40
Bloody Aussies can't keep them out. That forum filter must be broken again. 😄 😄

Cheers mate, welcome to the loony bin. Your system looks the real deal and it looks like you got every bit of kit just right. Especially like your PSU mate, spot on there.

Just one word of warning, please do not be influenced by the reprobates such as Nackers, Myk. Good lads they might be, they tend to lead people astray into the path of constant upgrade and Myk will try and convert you to AMD. 😄
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

HiVizMan wrote:

Just one word of warning, please do not be influenced by the reprobates such as Nackers, Myk. Good lads they might be, they tend to lead people astray into the path of constant upgrade and Myk will try and convert you to AMD. 😄

Classic, :cool:

HiVizMan wrote:

Damn straight I will mate!!! Especially when we need more people representing AMD in your SuperPi challenge 😛

Thanks heaps for the welcome and comments guys, much appreciated !!

@Myk. Yeah had a good look at pc case gear. There pricing is good but they didn't have the m/b or memory I wanted and by the time I added delivery it made the total a fair bit more then what I ended up paying and I try to stay loyal to ARC as they've really looked after me over the years.

@ HiVizMan. Thanks for the heads up !! Only problem is I'm a bit of an upgrade whore myself !! Can't leave anything alone or standard, but I'm not easily influenced so I should be ok !!! LoL. And AMD ? Never !!!! LoL.

Krindor
Level 11
A mixture of red, black and white. That will be something to look forward to see.
| Chassi: Phantom Fulltower White Edition | Mobo: Maximus V Extreme | CPU: i7 3770k
| Memory: 2x8gb G.Skill Trident X 2400mhz | GPU: PNY Geforce GTX 670 | PSU: NZXT Hale 90 750w
| SSD: Intel 120gb 330 series (OS) | Intel 120gb 330 series (Games n stuff)
| Monitor: LG 29EA93 | Cooling: Custom Loop

Hay guys,

Just letting you all know that the rest of my gear arrived today which is much earlier then I expected. 🙂

Here's a pic of all the gear in one photo.

I'll start getting it together tonight and take heaps of pix along the way... In my next post I'll start with posting pix of the mods I've done to fit all this gear into this sexy case... I go a bit nuts with pix some times so I hope you all like heaps of them!! I have heaps of pix of each item I've brought and what's included in the box so if your interested in seeing these or just something in particular just let know and I'll post them up here...

Hay guys

Heres an update for you all. The following is some pix and info on the mods I did to the 600T case... I was going for a stock look and I think I pulled it off fairly well !! This is also my first ever case mod and also my first ever watercooled system !!

I've seen people mod this case but most seem to use the Phobya extreme 200mm rad in the front but I wanted something a little different and hopefully something with a little better cooling... So I modded the front of the case for a 240mm x 60mm thick all copper rad And modded the top for a 360mm x 30mm all copper rad. I also did a few other little mods which I'll show in the pix.

So anyway here's a few pix of the stock case

Stock 200mm top fan..

Stock 200m front fan..

Case with all plastics removed..

The family cat giving a hand..

Started by removing the front 200mm fan grill

Grill gone still ruff cut..

Cut cleaned up and 5.25 bays removed..

I then made a templet for the front so I could mount the 240 mm rad and fans..

Then I cut the rest of the front out and installed the new front piece..

Then I cut out the top ready for the 360 rad an fans..

I also modded the 5.25 bays by cutting them down from 4 bays to 3 so the 240mm rad would fit under neath it...

I also drilled 4 holes so I could mount the SSD behind the M/B tray..

Well it's like 4:30 in the morning here so time for some sleep. I'll post up some more tomorrow....

Hope you all like it so far...