cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IBA-GE Slot 00C8 v1372 Z68

angushades2jz
Level 7
Why is the is the intel LAN card now in my boot up devices in bios , I have had the newest bios for sometime now and this **** just appeared overnight. I have reset to defaults my bios many times and it doesn't appear till about like 3 start-ups or restarts.. I'm getting worried that maybe ASUS f**K up this bios. ASUS PLEASE EXPLAIN?

I'm using a maximus 4 z68 i have had no problems with the board untill this .
3 REPLIES 3

HiVizMan
Level 40
Hello

May I remind you that this forum is read by many different people, of many different cultures and ages. Not all cultures really value swearing. Not all families want to have their children visiting a support forum where swearing is acceptable. So please while I can understand that you are a little upset about something, there really is no need for swearing on ROG. Thank you.

Now I am sure that someone who is familiar with your LAN card, or LAN issues in general will be able to comment. I do not have the LAN card so am unable to duplicate your issue, and therefore not able to provide any answers specifically.

What I can do is ask the method of the update to the latest BIOS? And what was your previous version that you updated from?

Both those question are quite important, as the later or three series BIOS required a firmware update too. And for that reason there is a very specific method of BIOS flashing that was recommended. In my sig is the correct method that should have been used for those wishing to update to the three series of BIOS.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

I'm pretty sure my bios is the newest 3510 and mate after working with in the desktops and servers for 7 years using a USB in fat32 has always worked when flashing a bios if not i would create an old school bootup of win98 and then do it but i'll a sure you that there is very little in me causing the problem. It happend like this it , new firmware come out for my corsair ssd 5.03 so i did a secure eraser reinstalled everything then bamm 3 weeks later i got a bsod and my ssd wiped it self and now i see an option to press "CTRL-S" to access the intel boot options before windows starts up , nothing is OCed either , i dont see the need for it. Not for e-peens just to show i know how to build a desktop PC.
http://www.modsrigs.com/detail.aspx?BuildID=30878

PC specs above.

I'm a perfectionist so when i finish my building i dont temper with things.

Things I've done
Unplug SSD - nothing changed
Reflashed my bios - nothing changed as normal it flashes very fast the second time around

Kind Regards Ben
P.s I have kids and i dont swear around nor i swear in general .i swear on the net cause i get a response faster. Sorry for bad gramma.

HiVizMan
Level 40
On this forum you get a quick response because you are on ROG forum. Swearing is not required in any way shape or form Ben. But thanks for the explanation.

For information sake, it seems that the option in the Boot menu is there to allow booting up from network. In your BIOS please remove the Intel LAN card from the list of possible boot sources. That should resolve your problem.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.