cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G73JH Anyone know the exact Motherboard Thermal Sensor Location?

Retired
Not applicable
My fan Always running 100% full speed.
1. Motherboard Temperature constantly at 102C on CPUID HWMOnitor
2. iddle CPU and GPU seems normal 42C and 45C
3. load CPU and GPU temp seems normal 60C and 85C
4. Turbo Boost won't kick event at 100% CPU load

could be bad motherboard/northbridge thermal sensor?

Anyone can help point the exact location of the sensor?
8 REPLIES 8

Retired
Not applicable
Can anybody help me , please?

Chastity
Level 10
I would send it in for an RMA, as you may have a bad component or fan.
[SIGPIC]Kicking Ass Since Today[/SIGPIC]

Retired
Not applicable
Thanks, Chastity.

But I prefer to do self repair.

Retired
Not applicable
Anyone knows?

Retired
Not applicable
chastity is most probably correct. my fans were also always running at 100%. Sent it in for RMA and they changed the fans as well as other things - now my hardware is running properly.

Retired
Not applicable
Thanks pavmastap for your reply. It's happen after received for RMA, it tooks 3 Weeks to wait from ASUS. And I don't want to wait for another 3 weeks, and then another problem raised after that 😞

irdmoose
Level 10
A self-repair will void your warranty, I'd highly recommend an RMA. You could always disassemble it and poke around the motherboard if you really want to void the warranty. However, many times these thermal sensors are part of the chips (like the MB/NB/SB sensors) or they're soldered to the motherboard. Working on those even for the most experienced techs can be one of those "There but for the grace of God go I" moments.

Retired
Not applicable
Thanks for your reply irdmoose, I know many of thermal sensors are part of the chips. But Some of them are just diodes or thermistor and monitoring by special chips. I thing the ACPI Monitor (THRM Temperatur) is just diodes or thermistor like on the many Desktop Motherboard, usually located near the PCI slot or NB.