cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

asus g75vw igp

isidore
Level 7
First i want to say hi to all ROGers.
Now back to my question, it is posible to software enable the cpu gpu? and use the Virtu MVP software to get some extra juice of the notebook?
If not, do you guys think ASUS should release a bios update for this?
->"ASUS RoG G75VW" Core i7 @ 3.2ghz | 8Gb @ 1600mhz | Nvidia GTX670m OC | 750Gb SSH HDD<-
->"Desktop" Core i5@ 4.6ghz on Noctua C14 | Asus Sabertooth | 8Gb @ 1600mhz | Nvidia GTX480 | 128Gb Samsung SSD + 1Tb Seagate Barracuda HDD<-
3 REPLIES 3

bignazpwns
Level 11
isidore wrote:
First i want to say hi to all ROGers.
Now back to my question, it is posible to software enable the cpu gpu? and use the Virtu MVP software to get some extra juice of the notebook?
If not, do you guys think ASUS should release a bios update for this?

This has been asked and answered a few times. No it will never work. Asus left out key hardware that the igp uses to cut back on manufacturing cost. This is because those buying a G75 and G55 are buying them to use as desktops if they wanted battery life and portability they would of never looked at the G75 and got a system that's similar in specs but way thinner with way more battery life.

ok, so it's not software locked..that's disappointing..thx for the reply
->"ASUS RoG G75VW" Core i7 @ 3.2ghz | 8Gb @ 1600mhz | Nvidia GTX670m OC | 750Gb SSH HDD<-
->"Desktop" Core i5@ 4.6ghz on Noctua C14 | Asus Sabertooth | 8Gb @ 1600mhz | Nvidia GTX480 | 128Gb Samsung SSD + 1Tb Seagate Barracuda HDD<-

isidore wrote:
ok, so it's not software locked..that's disappointing..thx for the reply

Why would they software lock a feature that they could advertise and potentially sell more units?