cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Headset Sound did not work G73JH

Gannyn
Level 7
Hi,

i have a Headset (non usb) with the green and "red" adapter. I can use the mic at the headset but the sound (green one) will not work. I tried the newest driver (Creative Audigy Driver and Realtek SRS udio Driver) without success. Of course i tried diffrent headset, but it is a notebookproblem.

Audio Info:
Name AMD High Definition Audio Device
Hersteller Advanced Micro Devices
Status OK
PNP-Gerätekennung HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_1002&DEV_AA01&SUBSYS_00AA0100&REV_1002\5&29D19B13&0&0001
Treiber c:\windows\system32\drivers\atihdw76.sys (7.12.0.7706, 93,52 KB (95.760 Bytes), 23.02.2012 13:32)

Name Realtek High Definition Audio
Hersteller Realtek
Status OK
PNP-Gerätekennung HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0269&SUBSYS_10431373&REV_1000\4&309C44FF&0&0001
Treiber c:\windows\system32\drivers\rtkvhd64.sys (6.0.1.6662, 3,88 MB (4.065.296 Bytes), 03.08.2012 20:33)

it would be kind if you can support me.

Cheers
5 REPLIES 5

IxPanda
Level 7
Just to clarify, you've tried other sound outputs via the speaker port and still have had no luck?

When you plug something in to the port is there any acknowledgement from Windows or Realtek or anything?

if you go to Control Panel > Sound, when you plug in the headset under playback is it recognized there either?
ASUS G74SX-XA1
120GB OCZ Vertex III SSD + 750GB HDD.
Intel Core I7 2670QM.

IxPanda wrote:
Just to clarify, you've tried other sound outputs via the speaker port and still have had no luck?

When you plug something in to the port is there any acknowledgement from Windows or Realtek or anything?

if you go to Control Panel > Sound, when you plug in the headset under playback is it recognized there either?

Tried three different headset (2 new, 1 old), no luck

If i plug in the mic (red) one there is a feedback from the system, a small pop up near the clock, but if i plug out the green one nothing happen (no sound and no popup)

Control Panel > Sound, yes, i m able to use the mic. works well.

Thx for your support (going crazy with this)

PILGRIM
Level 11
Gannyn, try to do a Windows System Restore to a point where sound was working.
If it doesn't, try to reinstall the older sound driver that you've used before.
ASUS G74SX-3DE

can´t remember that it has worked, because in the past i used usb headsets

PILGRIM
Level 11
Then perhaps it could be a physical problem. Try turning off your computer
and clean the insides of the headset jacks with a small earbud soaked in isopropyl alcohol.
Chances are the headset jacks are covered with grime or anything that prevents full contact
because of prolonged unusedness.
ASUS G74SX-3DE